[MOD] [HOW-TO] Remove ***Tampered*** from HBOOT && Red TXT on boot

Search This thread

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
**** I take no credit for this all credit goes to @scotty123 . This was in the international section. I did not see this for ATT users posted.

If you have used firewater to obtain s-off and you still have the tampered text in HBOOT you can simply remove it by using adb or from terminal on your phone.

****Standard Disclaimer ****
As always XDA myself or @scotty123 are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

Let's begin shall we ��

## In a command prompt ##

1) adb devices

2) adb shell

3) su

4) echo -ne '\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=1 seek=5314564*

!!! Note !!!
Please for xxx sake make sure #4 is correct. Thermal nuclear war will break out if you mistyped!

5) adb reboot bootloader

6) Profit

This is not a support thread ,just a guide from the international section . Please see post below for any questions you may have.

¤Tampered OP¤
http://bit.ly/1gylsBT *

¤ Remove Red TXT On Boot ¤

Now if that red paragraph on boot bothers you, @santod040 (Santod Mods), has a zip to download.
*** YOU MUST BE S-OFF***
Head over to his thread to grab the appropriate zip file. Make sure you download the appropriate zip file and follow the directions to the letter!!!

¤Red Txt Removal¤
http://bit.ly/1nbEF3H

As always , don't forget to hit the thanks button, it goes a long way.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
gynyhe2a.jpg

Worked for me. And +1 on the red text on the splash screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Could you please direct us to where you got the .zip file?

Thanks!

+1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nick1313

Jan 14, 2011
Columbia
Reactions: DirtyDroidX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **** I take no credit for this all credit goes to @scotty123 . This was in the international section. I did not see this for ATT users posted.

If you have used firewater to obtain s-off and you still have the tampered text in HBOOT you can simply remove it by using adb or from terminal on your phone.

****Standard Disclaimer ****
    As always XDA myself or @scotty123 are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

Let's begin shall we ��

## In a command prompt ##

1) adb devices

2) adb shell

3) su

4) echo -ne '\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=1 seek=5314564*

!!! Note !!!
    Please for xxx sake make sure #4 is correct. Thermal nuclear war will break out if you mistyped!

5) adb reboot bootloader

6) Profit

This is not a support thread ,just a guide from the international section . Please see post below for any questions you may have.

¤Tampered OP¤
    http://bit.ly/1gylsBT *

¤ Remove Red TXT On Boot ¤

Now if that red paragraph on boot bothers you, @santod040 (Santod Mods), has a zip to download.
    *** YOU MUST BE S-OFF***
    Head over to his thread to grab the appropriate zip file. Make sure you download the appropriate zip file and follow the directions to the letter!!!

¤Red Txt Removal¤
    http://bit.ly/1nbEF3H

As always , don't forget to hit the thanks button, it goes a long way.

Has anyone used this yet? Also, I'm assuming if I copy and paste your commands then there is no fear of mistyping?

Yes, just copy and paste. I've used it on 2 M8s with no problem.

Using TWRP here, the zip fails to flash. S-OFF confirmed. Running Team Venom Viper on ATT.

You don't use recovery to flash this. You have to use fastboot to flash it. Read carefully on how to do it.
    You don't use recovery to flash this. You have to use fastboot to flash it. Read carefully on how to do it.

Haha, yeah that's what I get for ASSuming since it's a zip file and flashing in recovery. :cowboy:
    Thanks, fastboot worked after RTFM. :laugh:

OP should modify his OP because he says "has a zip to flash in recovery".