Speaker EQ Settings Thread!

Search This thread

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
So guys, basically, just share your speaker EQ settings with us, this is mine, it's the most enjoyable sound I managed to get out of these speakers :good: :D

These settings are for there ONBOARD SPEAKERS, I'm pretty sure they will suck with anything else, don't use these with anything else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-15-02-46-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-15-02-46-30.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

iamikon

May 17, 2012
I use awesomebeats over in the app forum. Really improves the sound. Dont use any eq settings except bass boost on headphones

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
The speaker are better than those in pretty much any other tablet but if you come from a Touchpad you'll want to improve it as much as you can.

Oh I know. I didn't come from a touchpad but remember I do have a N7.. Tegra DAC = Muddy uninspired dull crap.. The only time I use it for audio is in the car when I can run it through my head units EQ. The Wolfson DAC in the N10 is worth the price of admission alone. I was spoiled by it in the Nexus S for over two years. I just don't feel the audio needs any help and leave the EQs and magic elixirs at the door and let the music playback naturally.

So weird there is a similar thread on the N7 forum about the audio and the best thing to use for audio. I posted a similar post there.. :cool:

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Oh I know. I didn't come from a touchpad but remember I do have a N7.. Tegra DAC = Muddy uninspired dull crap.. The only time I use it for audio is in the car when I can run it through my head units EQ. The Wolfson DAC in the N10 is worth the price of admission alone. I was spoiled by it in the Nexus S for over two years. I just don't feel the audio needs any help and leave the EQs and magic elixirs at the door and let the music playback naturally.

So weird there is a similar thread on the N7 forum about the audio and the best thing to use for audio. I posted a similar post there.. :cool:

The DAC is really great, but it doesn't help much when you have small speakers with a flat EQ by default, try these, you won't be dissapointed (only for the speakers, don't use these settings for the headphones).:good:

Reactions: styckx

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
The DAC is really great, but it doesn't help much when you have small speakers with a flat EQ by default, try these, you won't be dissapointed (only for the speakers, don't use these settings for the headphones).:good:

Ohhh.. I see. I misunderstood... You're strictly speaking of the onboard speakers only. Gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll give the settings a try then.. You are right the default speaker output is flat. I don't use onboard speakers often but I'll look into it just to have ready for the times I do though. I've generally been weary of EQ and such with small speakers.. Always afraid even the smallest amount of bass will blow them

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Ohhh.. I see. I misunderstood... You're strictly speaking of the onboard speakers only. Gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll give the settings a try then.. You are right the default speaker output is flat. I don't use onboard speakers often but I'll look into it just to have ready for the times I do though. I've generally been weary of EQ and such with small speakers.. Always afraid even the smallest amount of bass will blow them

Yeah it makes weird sounds when you boost the 250 band too much, I left it way below the weird sound level as that scared me too, it can't play the lower frequencies at all so I doubt those will affect it though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No EQ at all.. Not needed on the N10..

The speaker are better than those in pretty much any other tablet but if you come from a Touchpad you'll want to improve it as much as you can.