PLX kiwi bt with Torque??

Search This thread

xavier6303

Feb 12, 2007
Tampa
Anyone use this? I got a check engine light on my 02 toyota so I figured its time to have one of these puppies. Haven't hooked it up but Im looking for folks that have used it with the skyrocket...or really, any phone for that matter.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I don't know anything about the app, sorry.

But just in case you didn't know, AutoZone will check your engine codes for free. Probably other auto parts stores will do the same.

xavier6303

Feb 12, 2007
Tampa
I don't know anything about the app, sorry.

But just in case you didn't know, AutoZone will check your engine codes for free. Probably other auto parts stores will do the same.

Right but my car is getting close to 100k and I don't really want to have to go down to autozone for the diagnostic every time. I have received the PXL Kiwi bluetooth unit and I must say that Im in love with it. Will go great with my tablet and road trips. Works great with torque free version. I am able to read and clear codes along with monitoring any temp or measure regarding the motor I can think of.

Firedcylinder

Feb 29, 2012
Right but my car is getting close to 100k and I don't really want to have to go down to autozone for the diagnostic every time. I have received the PXL Kiwi bluetooth unit and I must say that Im in love with it. Will go great with my tablet and road trips. Works great with torque free version. I am able to read and clear codes along with monitoring any temp or measure regarding the motor I can think of.

But you'd still have to go to autozone to get the part to fix the check engine light anyway, right? I'm glad you're enjoying your purchase though. Gives me one more thing I want to get.

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010

xavier6303

Feb 12, 2007
Tampa
But you'd still have to go to autozone to get the part to fix the check engine light anyway, right? I'm glad you're enjoying your purchase though. Gives me one more thing I want to get.
Well, not really...I can order the part online usually and for a discount most times...but sometimes I end up at pepboys anyways. :)

On a side note, I replaced the pre cat o2 sensor and now my car stalls idle and keeps going into open loop. The good thing is I can watch whats happening with torque and the obd2 connector so I have an idea what the problem is even though its not throwing a fault code. I did clear the fault code but I didnt reset the ecu. Im thinking it just needs to be reset and re-learn its values.

Last edited:

Thisrobot

May 25, 2011
San Diego
Well, not really...I can order the part online usually and for a discount most times...but sometimes I end up at pepboys anyways. :)

On a side note, I replaced the pre cat o2 sensor and now my car stalls idle and keeps going into open loop. The good thing is I can watch whats happening with torque and the obd2 connector so I have an idea what the problem is even though its not throwing a fault code. I did clear the fault code but I didnt reset the ecu. Im thinking it just needs to be reset and re-learn its values.

If i'm not mistaken that sounds like a Subaru ecu :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

IndiNix

Apr 20, 2012
Winterpeg, Manitscoldout
OBD-II tool

I bought Torque as soon as it came out and its a great little tool and good fun but if you have serious diagnostic work to do the ScanXL packages are really solid and have licensed support for manufacturer specific PIDs.

A few years ago, before I had an android phone or torque existed. I picked up a scantool.net OBDLink bluetooth/usb adapter - they're a fair bit more expensive than the ebay units, but can read way more PID's per second, which probably isn't useful unless you're running a copy of the ScanXL software.

For day to day stuff Torq + ebay bt adapter make me feel dumb for spending all that cash, ug.

xavier6303

Feb 12, 2007
Tampa
I dunno about the ebay adapter but Im very happy with my plx. Sure I spent more but it got great reviews...maybe the other cheaper ones work but Im happy. Torque just fixed the themes too.