[APP] [4.0+] NiLS Floating Panel BETA v0.7 - Notifications on your lock screen

Search This thread

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
Download the latest from the link in the first post. The Google play version doesn't have that option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Rey_

jpen

Apr 28, 2009
After having a quick play with nils+ I have found that interactions with the overlay do not prevent the screen from timing out, so you could be reading a notification and your screen turns off as it is not registering any touches or interactions

Sent from my GT-I9210T using xda app-developers app

Is your screen timing out like a typical lockscreen or is it timing out after however long your display is set for? I have my display set for 10min timeout and when I went to the lockscreen with nils+ on it, the lockscreen wasn't timing out. Waited a few minutes and nothing. So I set my display time to 30secs and my lockscreen timed out in 30secs.

Not sure if there will be a separate option to set the nils+ timeout.

Guzanni

May 26, 2012
Zaanstad
I agree it is the best way to get notifications on the lock screen, especially nils+, looks good and works awesome :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rey_

Nov 29, 2012
miui rom support

Download the latest from the link in the first post. The Google play version doesn't have that option.

hi dude , i just instal nils+ in my miui rom but its seem not work. i dont get any notification at lockscreen as other rom. is nils+ not support for miui default locker yet ? :crying:

SirOch

Jul 8, 2012
ARRAS
Hi,

This apps is great.

Just a question: is it possible to chose the size of the notification like Nils (small, medium,large) ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
Hi,

This apps is great.

Just a question: is it possible to chose the size of the notification like Nils (small, medium,large) ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Currently no. Maybe later, if this will have a greater demand when released to Google Play.

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
OK thanks. How can I do that ? I dont see any options to disable regular notifications

Sent from my Beaned Razr I

Go to android settings - accessibility settings and disable Dynamic Notifications service. Then make sure that the service is enabled on notifications access services under android security settings.

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
Nils cant show all whatsapp messages at different view? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

eozen81

Oct 4, 2010
Istanbul
Perfect idea, thank you but on my SGS3 (4.2.1 with Ultima ROM), I activated "Swipe right to open" in NiLS+/General Settings but it does not open the app. I mean the screen gets off dark but once I manually unlock the screen I see the app is opened.

Anyone having this problem?

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
Perfect idea, thank you but on my SGS3 (4.2.1 with Ultima ROM), I activated "Swipe right to open" in NiLS+/General Settings but it does not open the app. I mean the screen gets off dark but once I manually unlock the screen I see the app is opened.

Anyone having this problem?

What lock screen app are you using?

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
What do you mean? Whatsapp messages works just fine.

I think he means it only shows the latest message from whatsapp. Or whatever app it is, it only shows the latest message. Is it possible to add a notification counter?

BTW I do get the issue where sometimes the lockscreen gets frozen for a while when using NILS+. Meaning nothing appears(completely blank, not even the stock lockscreen appears) until I press power to power off screen and then turn screen on again.

Using 4.3 CM10.2 on i9300
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
I think he means it only shows the latest message from whatsapp. Or whatever app it is, it only shows the latest message. Is it possible to add a notification counter?

BTW I do get the issue where sometimes the lockscreen gets frozen for a while when using NILS+. Meaning nothing appears(completely blank, not even the stock lockscreen appears) until I press power to power off screen and then turn screen on again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Disable notifications bar sync and enable multiple events handling - show first.

Reactions: HDx33x and davtse

eozen81

Oct 4, 2010
Istanbul
I have not been using a specific lock screen app, you can see my lock screen.

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380962673330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380962673330.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 160

Roymam

Sep 16, 2012
www.roymam.com
I have not been using a specific lock screen app, you can see my lock screen.

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

This is not android stock lock screen. As you see it has icons on bottom and doesn't have the locker icon. It seems that your ROM has a different lock screen that doesn't respect the "unlock" command therefore it stays locked when nils launches the app.

Reactions: eozen81

peterpan911

Jan 12, 2009
Cologne
Lockscreen locked

After installing NiLS+ I can't unlock my lockscreen. Even if I use a wrong patten over 50 times nothing happens. No question for my google-account etc.

Any ideas?

Peter

P.S. tonight I solved the problem. There was some king of overlay over the screen with the security pattern so that I couldn't swipe the security pattern. My wife sent me an whatsapp, the notification appeared, I could dismiss it and the overlay was gone.

I think the overlay shouldn't be on lockscrrens.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NiLS+ is an extension app for NiLS - Notifications on Lock Screen.
    If you don't know what NiLS is - See it on Google Play.

Features:
    NiLS Floating Panel provides a better way to display and interact with notifications:
    - Displayed on top of your lock screen, no matter if it support lock screen widgets or not and it don't need NiLS widget to be placed.
    - Slide notification left or right to dismiss.
    - Slide notifications list down to dismiss all.
    - Slide notification icon right to open notification. (just like on iOS)
    - Click to show a preview, scroll down or up in the preview to read all text.
    - Slide notification icon on preview to perform additional actions (if available), such as gmail archive, reply missed call with SMS, etc..
    - Set position and size, anywhere you want on your lock screen. (be careful not to prevent access to locker icon)
    - Set any colors you want as your title color, text color, icon background and notification background.
    - Top, Bottom or Center vertical alignment of the notifications list.

NiLS FP requires NiLS to be up and running with the latest version from Google Play. Download NiLS from Google Play.

Download:
    NiLS+ is currently on beta, therefore you'll need to activate tester on Google Play to be able to download it:
    1. Join NiLS official Google+ community. (required to become a tester)
    2. Activate tester on Google Play.
    3. Download NiLS FP from Google Play.

Installation:
    1. Install NiLS from Google Play
    2. Follow NiLS instructions and enable the service.
    3. DO NOT Add NiLS widget to your lock screen.
    4. Install NiLS FP using instructions above.
    5. Lock your screen, when you'll get a notification, it will be displayed on the center of the screen. long click it to resize and set position, or go to NiLS FP settings to set up colors and alignment.

Please let me know if it works for you (please mention your device model) or if you have any suggestions or bug reports.

Screenshots:
    NiLS+ v0.6

NiLS+ v0.6 has been released on Google Play.
    Please see first post for instructions how to download and install.

What's New in v0.6?
    1. The whole UI code has been rewritten to run more smoothly and nicely without any lags.
    2. New options on General Settings:
    - Click to open (default unchecked)
    - Unlock on open (default checked)
    3. Unlock on action (when running custom app actions such as "reply " for missed call)
    4. Keep the screen on while interacting with NiLS+
    5. Appearance Settings - Enable Edit Mode. (default enabled - disable to prevent moving NiLS+ by mistake)
    NiLS+ v0.5r7 - New option - "Don't hide when unlocked", will keep NiLS+ on top of everything even after unlocking device.
    Download link on original post.

seems not . its in persistent notification list :what:
    NiLS+ doesn't show persistent notifications - only dismissable notifications.
    I'm planning to add an option for NiLS widget to show only persistent notifications, this way you will be able to use both NiLS widget and NiLS+ without duplicates.
    Hi,

Nils switched on display when a new notification, that's not good.

regards

starbase64

Start NiLS app and choose Service. There you can uncheck auto on.

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium 4 mobile app.