5,599,977 Members 45,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Dev] Android on the Universal

Tip us?
 
Da9L
Old
#451  
Da9L's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 870
Join Date: Jan 2007
Would be super sweet if you could provide the files for running android 1.5/1.6 on the uni.. I would love to try this on my (now restored) universal

Windows Mobile
HTC HD2 | HTC HD | HTC Universal | HTC Touch Diamond | HTC Prophet | HTC Vox | HTC Typhoon | HTC Canary

Android
HTC Dezire Z | HTC Tattoo | HTC Hero | HTC One S

-= ! HTC FTW ! =-

 
d-two
Old
#452  
d-two's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 456
Posts: 1,546
Join Date: Nov 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
@notime2d8
How do you use the Loox touchscreen driver in your Kernel ?

you can use the tsc2046, can't you?
My Devices:
HTC Leo (Modified Rom WM 6.5)
HTC Blue Angel (CyanogenMod 7.2 Alpha )
HTC Himalaya (WM 2003, new Rom coming soon)
HTC Universal (My WM 6.5.x Rom)
HTC Kaiser (Froyo 2.2)
 
notime2d8
Old
#453  
notime2d8's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 285
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-two View Post
@notime2d8
How do you use the Loox touchscreen driver in your Kernel ?

you can use the tsc2046, can't you?
Nope, i could never get it working. Even with all the correct settings i got no input. It would save me some trouble if i got it working...
HTC Universal 128MB
Galaxy S Relay
HTC X7510
HTC Rhodium
Much I5
Samsung Galaxy S
 
d-two
Old
#454  
d-two's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 456
Posts: 1,546
Join Date: Nov 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by notime2d8 View Post
Nope, i could never get it working. Even with all the correct settings i got no input. It would save me some trouble if i got it working...
Hmm, OK... What do you think about merging our work (kernel and rootfs)? We could work on it together, maybe we'll get it work!?
My Devices:
HTC Leo (Modified Rom WM 6.5)
HTC Blue Angel (CyanogenMod 7.2 Alpha )
HTC Himalaya (WM 2003, new Rom coming soon)
HTC Universal (My WM 6.5.x Rom)
HTC Kaiser (Froyo 2.2)
 
d-two
Old
#455  
d-two's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 456
Posts: 1,546
Join Date: Nov 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-two View Post
Hmm, OK... What do you think about merging our work (kernel and rootfs)? We could work on it together, maybe we'll get it work!?
OK, no answer is an answer, too

Here two patchs for using the normal ads7846 driver :
Attached Files
File Type: patch htcuniversal.patch - [Click for QR Code] (2.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: patch ads7846.patch - [Click for QR Code] (592 Bytes, 12 views)
My Devices:
HTC Leo (Modified Rom WM 6.5)
HTC Blue Angel (CyanogenMod 7.2 Alpha )
HTC Himalaya (WM 2003, new Rom coming soon)
HTC Universal (My WM 6.5.x Rom)
HTC Kaiser (Froyo 2.2)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-two For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
notime2d8
Old
(Last edited by notime2d8; 25th April 2012 at 09:43 PM.)
#456  
notime2d8's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 285
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-two View Post
OK, no answer is an answer, too

Here two patchs for using the normal ads7846 driver :

Let's not be like that, i've been just a little busy lately and i'm typing this while at work... But yeah that sounds like a good idea but i don't really know the best way to go about it. I have a lot of tweaks/patches ontop of my cm7 source code and some is a little messy. But if we can figure where/how to host it i could do some cleaned up patches for cm7 and a 2.6.36 kernel. How are you loading android, with a rootfs on a partition or a system.img file on the sd card?

And thanks so much for the patches, i'll try them out later. That was one of the things that kept me from switching kernels.
HTC Universal 128MB
Galaxy S Relay
HTC X7510
HTC Rhodium
Much I5
Samsung Galaxy S
 
d-two
Old
#457  
d-two's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 456
Posts: 1,546
Join Date: Nov 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by notime2d8 View Post
Let's not be like that, i've been just a little busy lately and i'm typing this while at work... But yeah that sounds like a good idea but i don't really know the best way to go about it. I have a lot of tweaks/patches ontop of my cm7 source code and some is a little messy. But if we can figure where/how to host it i could do some cleaned up patches for cm7 and a 2.6.36 kernel. How are you loading android, with a rootfs on a partition or a system.img file on the sd card?

And thanks so much for the patches, i'll try them out later. That was one of the things that kept me from switching kernels.
I use at the moment a rootfs on SDCard... I think we make an github for working... BUT here is an pic from touchscreen driver test with tslib, looks strange... I think it needs fine tuning
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0019.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	1024888  
My Devices:
HTC Leo (Modified Rom WM 6.5)
HTC Blue Angel (CyanogenMod 7.2 Alpha )
HTC Himalaya (WM 2003, new Rom coming soon)
HTC Universal (My WM 6.5.x Rom)
HTC Kaiser (Froyo 2.2)
 
d-two
Old
#458  
d-two's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 456
Posts: 1,546
Join Date: Nov 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Clean up patch

Here i have the section for Android gadgets a little bit clean up
I would you send per PM, but i can't send attachment over PM
Attached Files
File Type: patch htcuniversal2.patch - [Click for QR Code] (5.3 KB, 16 views)
My Devices:
HTC Leo (Modified Rom WM 6.5)
HTC Blue Angel (CyanogenMod 7.2 Alpha )
HTC Himalaya (WM 2003, new Rom coming soon)
HTC Universal (My WM 6.5.x Rom)
HTC Kaiser (Froyo 2.2)
The Following User Says Thank You to d-two For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
orzech2111
Old
#459  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 45
Join Date: Nov 2010
Any progress? I haven't Universal now, but maybe I'll soon buy it again...
 
notime2d8
Old
#460  
notime2d8's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 285
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orzech2111 View Post
Any progress? I haven't Universal now, but maybe I'll soon buy it again...
Yes, Im still working on it, slowly, nothing worthy of a new test build thoughand Im kind of stuck and waiting for a new idea to come or a tweak to squeeze some more ram or performance out of our phones and android. I applied some tweaks to android and the kernel and have about 80mb of free ram now, Im working on a new kernel 3.5-rc1 its much snappier but I have to get my drivers/changes ported over and working again then I will see if I can get the new docg3 or docg4 flash drivers working that have been added to the mainline kernel and switch to the other touchscreen driver posted above.
HTC Universal 128MB
Galaxy S Relay
HTC X7510
HTC Rhodium
Much I5
Samsung Galaxy S

The Following User Says Thank You to notime2d8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes