[KERNEL] G3MOD Kernel Feedback

Search This thread

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
Q) 1400 Mhz (Extreme version) doesnt work for me
A) Not all Galaxy 3 suppport overclocking as high as 1400 Mhz. If it doesnt work then keep frequency lower or flash Ultimate, Performance or Lite version

OK. But why does 1.8 works flawlessly at 1400mhz and 1.9 does not?
What is so different between the two that I can't even lower the freq in setcpu because phone crashes?

I'll try with some other edition to see if it works.

Poil44

Apr 29, 2011
Rennes
www.quake.fr
Doodlejump is still unplayable (lag at each scroll-up).
It's working fine with original unoverclocked kernel and with Fugumod ultra.

Please find why :)

james heed

May 12, 2011
I flashed Indorid v6 via ODIN, took out my memory card, (class 2 , 8 gb), partitioned with 250 mb of ext2 for system, 500 ext4 for data and 250mb ext2 for cache.. (all primary, none logical), the rest is fat32. Then i flashed g3mod 1.9 ultimate and the phone booted up successfully. Then i put the memory card, and checked the sd card properties, and it was fine , showed abt 6.5 gb free space. I applied Indroid FSC and reebooted after a while, but the phone got stuck at the boot loop. Removed sd and reebooted and it boots up. Is it an Indroid prob or a kernal prob???

Bill.Cheap

Oct 5, 2010
data wiped at reboot

Hi,

I am using G3MOD Kernel 2.0 and G3MOD ROM.
I can use the phone and install apps, evrything looks good but when I reboot all my apps are gone !?
What is going wrong ?

Frank

vivekmishra

Jan 19, 2011
Jhansi, Lucknow, Gonda
I flashed Indorid v6 via ODIN, took out my memory card, (class 2 , 8 gb), partitioned with 250 mb of ext2 for system, 500 ext4 for data and 250mb ext2 for cache.. (all primary, none logical), the rest is fat32. Then i flashed g3mod 1.9 ultimate and the phone booted up successfully. Then i put the memory card, and checked the sd card properties, and it was fine , showed abt 6.5 gb free space. I applied Indroid FSC and reebooted after a while, but the phone got stuck at the boot loop. Removed sd and reebooted and it boots up. Is it an Indroid prob or a kernal prob???

How you partitioned your card. Btw, class 2 cards are not recommended for data2sd.
Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Bill.Cheap

Oct 5, 2010
Hi,

I am using G3MOD Kernel 2.0 and G3MOD ROM.
I can use the phone and install apps, evrything looks good but when I reboot all my apps are gone !?
What is going wrong ?

Frank

Well, within fine in my case. Anybody else facing this problem?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Although my config files looked ok, I switched to Kyrillos config files (/sdcard/Android/data/g3mod/*) and now it works.
The only difference is the file multiosdata.cache which is not mentioned in the howto in kernel thread...

Thanks

Frank

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
I am having problems with adb. It lists some weird output when using ls command.
The output is
Code:
acct

cache

config

d

data

data2sd.log

default.prop

dev

efs

etc

fota.rc

g3mod.log
mnt

is probably an ecsape but it shouldn't be there.

In screenshot is the full output from windows command prompt.
I did not have this issue before, it rendered output correctly and terminal on the device also outputs everything correctly. The adb shell is the problem. It is really dificult to use it like this. Is there some solution on how to fix this?

And i've seen people mention that it is possible to use adb while in CWM. And to mount sdcard to transfer files while in cwm but my phone is not recognized, "adb devices" does not list anything while in cwm. Is there some procedure to enable it?

Hope someone can help.
Thanx.

Attachments

• adb_ls.jpg
    adb_ls.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 60

chsarbajit1

Apr 13, 2011
Request for version 1.7 lite

I had to format my Lappy few days back so i lost all the kernels i had... I was looking for G3MOD v 1.7 lite but it is not in the download list. Is there anyway i can get my hands on it?

sivens

Nov 4, 2010
g3mod 2.1 b2

How to use JFS mounting in g3mod 2.1 b2 ?? Is it possible to convert stl6/stl7/st8 to JFS.

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
I am having problems with adb. It lists some weird output when using ls command.
The output is
Code:
acct

cache

config

d

data

data2sd.log

default.prop

dev

efs

etc

fota.rc

g3mod.log
mnt

is probably an ecsape but it shouldn't be there.

In screenshot is the full output from windows command prompt.
I did not have this issue before, it rendered output correctly and terminal on the device also outputs everything correctly. The adb shell is the problem. It is really dificult to use it like this. Is there some solution on how to fix this?

And i've seen people mention that it is possible to use adb while in CWM. And to mount sdcard to transfer files while in cwm but my phone is not recognized, "adb devices" does not list anything while in cwm. Is there some procedure to enable it?

Hope someone can help.
Thanx.

The 'weird output' is actually ADB for Windows being badly coded and not supporting colours. If you use ADB on Linux, it shows the directories and files and such in colour. It's a usability thing which allows people to identify stuff easily. It's a real shame it doesn't work under Windows (my operating system of choice). It's not like Windows doesn't support colours in CMD because you can use SSH and it's fine.

And as for CWM ADB, I know about this bug, and I want to fix it, but I'm not sure why it doesn't work.

How to use JFS mounting in g3mod 2.1 b2 ?? Is it possible to convert stl6/stl7/st8 to JFS.

I forgot to include jfs_mkfs, so you can't convert to it yet. Will fix that in Beta 3 or the final version.

sivens

Nov 4, 2010
I have problem with CWM menu, I convert cache partition on JFS and it's error that can't mount partition cache. I used link to mkfs.jfs and fsck.jfs from thread G3MOD v2.0 and format to jfs.

#mount
rootfs / rootfs rw,noatime 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,noatime 0 0
sys /sys sysfs rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/block/stl7 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,commit=20,barrier=
0,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,noatime,mode=600 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/stl6 /system ext4 ro,relatime,commit=600,barrier=0,nobh,data=writebac
k,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/stl8 /cache jfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl4 /efs rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,i
ocharset=cp437 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/app ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/log ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2 ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,u
id=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset
=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
ime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioch
arset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0

When I restart phone stl8 mount point disappeared :/ Maybe it's because mkfs isn't in kernel or it's a bug.

Last edited:

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
I have problem with CWM menu, I convert cache partition on JFS and it's error that can't mount partition cache. I used link to mkfs.jfs and fsck.jfs from thread G3MOD v2.0 and format to jfs.

#mount
rootfs / rootfs rw,noatime 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,noatime 0 0
sys /sys sysfs rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/block/stl7 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,commit=20,barrier=
0,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,noatime,mode=600 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/stl6 /system ext4 ro,relatime,commit=600,barrier=0,nobh,data=writebac
k,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/stl8 /cache jfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl4 /efs rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,i
ocharset=cp437 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/app ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/log ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2 ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,u
id=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset
=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
ime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioch
arset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0

When I restart phone stl8 mount point disappeared :/ Maybe it's because mkfs isn't in kernel or it's a bug.

It'll be because it won't have jfs_fsck which needs to be in the kernel. Just wait for the next version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unledpqd.png

G3MOD TEAM

Founder
    dharamg3

Kernel Developers
    hillbeast , moikop , cool.darshak

Application Developers
    dympy , andreapier

ROM/Theme Developers
    Stylooo , RafayelG , aarrun

This is the Official thread for g3mod kernel feedback.
    sorry guys , i didnt check the previous posts
    excuse me if am asking the same question
    am using g3mod 2.1 oc kernel 1200mhz max and min with ondemand governor
    i didnt experienced change in battery drain, i completed 3 full cycles
    still i couldnt get it
    drop from 100 to 90 gradually and then a jump to 60's and 40's stable for 3 to 4 hrs
    and then dropping directly to 20's and switch off within 20 mins

maybe re-calibration would help...and lagfre governor on max800 to 900mhz....i've re-calibrated baterry now and after 4hrs up and almost all the time on xda with app...and in browser ....on 3g... and browsing actively here and there ...i'm now on 86% 3999mv...before calibrating it would be 60% by now...

Sent from my hybrid g3
    Kyrillos' 9.0.5