How to Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy S3 & Note 2 (No Rooting)

Search This thread

bones718

Jan 2, 2013
Yes, it does work with AT&T and any other Sim cards. It is completely unlock
just like using the code from T-mo.
However, you HAVE to be on UVALK8 or lower for this method to work.
It will NOT work with LL4, as they patch the "hole".

This method is some months old and from time to time somebody resurface it, but that is not bad as people tend to forget.

Here is the original thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34661189
Or here for T-mo:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2015121&highlight=unlock

once we use this method to unlock, will it stay unlocked even after an OTA update? or do we continuously have to apply this method after every carrier update?

premiatul

Sep 25, 2010
once we use this method to unlock, will it stay unlocked even after an OTA update? or do we continuously have to apply this method after every carrier update?

Once unlocked, forever unlocked. It doesn't matter what you do to it.
If you break it in half, it will be an unlocked broken Note 2!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: knite75

mikeschevelle

Dec 27, 2007
If someone doesnt mind, I have downloaded 5 different 4.1.1. ROMs none of which have the last 4th option, any mind linking me to a ROM and version that does?

thanks

Meanee

Mar 24, 2008
If someone doesnt mind, I have downloaded 5 different 4.1.1. ROMs none of which have the last 4th option, any mind linking me to a ROM and version that does?

thanks

I don't think it's the ROM that's the issue, it's the baseband. Once you upgrade it, you can't downgrade baseband and unlock it. At least according to my knowledge.

Reactions: fratermus

bogdan1611

Jan 24, 2010
Samsung galaxy s3 - 4.1.2 updated unlock

As you know those who updated to 4.1.2 the unlock method from the service menu will NOT work , so after a friend came at me today to update his S3 to 4.1.2 i found a method to unlock:
- you will need to root the phone u will find many ways , then install from recovery mode the SIM_Fix_v.0.1 , then install busybox from google play , the use GalaxSimUnlock.apk and voila ! phone unlocked !

If someone needs one of the apps i can upload them !
If someone needs instructions or someth wont work announce me and we will makeit work !

Best regards , Bogdan

premiatul

Sep 25, 2010
I have mine already unlocked, but it would be great for others to have Simzip and the Galaxy. ..apk readily available for download right here.
So, go ahead and upload them here.
Thanks.

Reactions: pckarma112

pitbull292006

Sep 17, 2007
I have mine already unlocked, but it would be great for others to have Simzip and the Galaxy. ..apk readily available for download right here.
So, go ahead and upload them here.
Thanks.

Here is a zip files of the requested files. it includes the sim fix which should be flashed via recovery, and the galaxyunlock Apk......I'm going to test them now, and then give an update.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Sorry guys, it's not letting me upload the zip file. Pm me and I will email it to whoever wants it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

After flashing the sim fix in recovery, installing busy box, and installing and running the galaxsim unlocked, I can confirm it doesn't work. I'm running the updated Carbon nightly Rom, so it may have something to do with it. Can anyone with a TW Rom test this

ermac76

Apr 24, 2013
How can I tell if my gs3 was successfully unlocked? I put in a disconnected tmobile sim and it turned on like if I had my att chip in it

fratermus

Jan 6, 2008
My Tmo Note 2 (SGH-T889) is running 4.1.2. Once I flashed the baseband back to UVALK8 the "initiallizz" menu option was there and worked fine.

After verifying the unlock with a non-tmo SIM I reflashed UVALL4 and, as many folks reassured, the unlock persisted. Yay!

As Meanee pointed out earlier this suggests the issue is with the baseband version and not 4.1.2.

boba7523

Jun 14, 2013
My Tmo Note 2 (SGH-T889) is running 4.1.2. Once I flashed the baseband back to UVALK8 the "initiallizz" menu option was there and worked fine.

After verifying the unlock with a non-tmo SIM I reflashed UVALL4 and, as many folks reassured, the unlock persisted. Yay!

As Meanee pointed out earlier this suggests the issue is with the baseband version and not 4.1.2.

Does anyone know how to flash the baseband back to UVALK8? My current baseband is UCAMC3. Running Android 4.1.2 on AT&T.

Thanks guys!

CarlKing

Jun 25, 2013
A word to the wise

Consider why you're doing this very carefully.

What this procedure is leading you thru is disabling (256bit) encryption between your phone and the network carrier so you are free to make unencrypted connections to any other cell carrier's network. Without this encryption your phone signal is subject to interception, wireless sniffing, record and playback and hundreds of other security vulnerabilities.

If you do this, don't do any web purchases or banking on your cell phone.

Reactions: nytono69

premiatul

Sep 25, 2010
Consider why you're doing this very carefully.

What this procedure is leading you thru is disabling (256bit) encryption between your phone and the network carrier so you are free to make unencrypted connections to any other cell carrier's network. Without this encryption your phone signal is subject to interception, wireless sniffing, record and playback and hundreds of other security vulnerabilities.

If you do this, don't do any web purchases or banking on your cell phone.

I don't know where you got this idea from. ...
Here is a good read about encryption and smart phone

http://help.unc.edu/help/encrypting-cell-phones/

oazeemh

Feb 9, 2011
unlock

dear all

Thanks for your information and many people got benifit from this thread and unlocked the cell phones. my question is after unlocking the cell phone by this method and accidentally if someone update the frimware to jelly bean 4.1.2 does it locks the cell phone network again. please let me know and all for future information to update baseband r not.

Worked awesome for me on T-Mobile! Thank you!

SGH-T889
ver 4.1.2
T889UVALJ1
Jedi X11

Tested with telcel (MEX) SIM

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
dear all

Thanks for your information and many people got benifit from this thread and unlocked the cell phones. my question is after unlocking the cell phone by this method and accidentally if someone update the frimware to jelly bean 4.1.2 does it locks the cell phone network again. please let me know and all for future information to update baseband r not.

You're good to go, you will remain unlocked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmiEZcw1z8

T-Mobile Users might have to downgrade to unlock your device. I have listed all the phones and providers that worked. If you have a different carrier and a different model, and if it works please leave a comment on my YouTube video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmiEZcw1z8) Thanks.

Unlock your Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 and Ruby. Free. No Rooting. No Hacking.

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu
    [1] UMTS
    [1] Debug Screen
    [8] Phone Control
    [6] Network Lock
    Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF
    (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in
    [6] Network Lock then choose
    [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone

Don't pay high unlocking fee's on eBay! Say no to them with a big smile

Comfirm Works on:
    Rogers Note 2
    Bell Note 2
    Bell Galaxy Rugby LTE
    Telus Note 2
    Wind Mobile Note 2 Thanks Deafmented for confirming this
    Mobilicity Note 2 Thanks liveevil for confirming this
    Wind Mobile S3
    Mobilicity S3 YMMV
    Bell S3
    Koodo S3
    Telus S3
    Rogers S3

(http://forums.redflagdeals.com/free...2-all-gsm-carriers-galaxy-rugby-bell-1266487/)
    Anyone try to put a AT&T sim in the tmobile phone? Just curious if it works?

Yes, it does work with AT&T and any other Sim cards. It is completely unlock
    just like using the code from T-mo.
    However, you HAVE to be on UVALK8 or lower for this method to work.
    It will NOT work with LL4, as they patch the "hole".

This method is some months old and from time to time somebody resurface it, but that is not bad as people tend to forget.

Here is the original thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34661189
    Or here for T-mo:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2015121&highlight=unlock
    Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrr

STOP ASKING IF YOUR PONE WILL REMAIN UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just read through 10 pages of the same nonsense questions. you made it this far now just read from previous posts. flashing/upgrading/updating new /roms/kernals/modems will not do anything. you will always be unlocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES
    Samsung galaxy s3 - 4.1.2 updated unlock

As you know those who updated to 4.1.2 the unlock method from the service menu will NOT work , so after a friend came at me today to update his S3 to 4.1.2 i found a method to unlock:
    - you will need to root the phone u will find many ways , then install from recovery mode the SIM_Fix_v.0.1 , then install busybox from google play , the use GalaxSimUnlock.apk and voila ! phone unlocked !

If someone needs one of the apps i can upload them !
    If someone needs instructions or someth wont work announce me and we will makeit work !

Best regards , Bogdan
    Found this on previous thread.

Worked on 4.1.1 perfectly. Tested with AT&T Mini SIM, was able to make phone calls and send texts.

Edit
    Baseband T889UVALK8
    ROM: Tweaked 1.4