[ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5]Verizon Galaxy Nexus codefireX Nightlies

Search This thread

ajf64

May 7, 2011
pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

CodefireX.com

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.
Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.

Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:

T-Mobile Theme Engine.
DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
Quick Settings panel customizations.
Live network stats in your statusbar.
Button backlight customizations.
Hardware button customizations.
Volume button customizations.
Many more being added during the nightly builds.

NOTE: Only "AnyKernel" flashable kernel zips are supported.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Toro Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:

Lean Kernel
The Android Open Source Project
LLVM CI
Linux Foundation
Showp1984 for the awesome kernel!
Code Aurora Forum
CyanogenMod Inc.
Chainfire
Many more!

codefireX, a ROM for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
synergye, bigrushdog, jrior001, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP + Win!

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Last edited:

ajf64

May 7, 2011
According to the git , this ROM uses imoseyons' leankernel 3.0.101 , not 3.4 , unless I'm missing something

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

im sorry i was looking at wrong device my bad they all run together at this point yes your are correct sir but we are in the process of changing over to a new kernel since lean kernel has dropped support for galaxy nexus again i apologize for my incorrect answer

Reactions: bsmitty83

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit
im sorry i was looking at wrong device my bad they all run together at this point yes your are correct sir but we are in the process of changing over to a new kernel since lean kernel has dropped support for galaxy nexus again i apologize for my incorrect answer

No problems man , I'm still gonna flash , but i was about to clone your kernel source immediately lol
:thumbup:

ajf64

May 7, 2011
No problems man , I'm still gonna flash , but i was about to clone your kernel source immediately lol
:thumbup:

we should have a new kernel soon just so many devices to work on and gnex is kinda getting lower on the list as new devices come out its sad

Reactions: 47th_Ronin

db306

Aug 14, 2010
Any gapps can be used? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cd95yj

Oct 27, 2010
Holy super slow download batman!

Is it just me or has anyone else had a super slow DL speed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011
Not a bad ROM at all. Very fast. Biggest issue is the abundance of black boxes.

Reactions: cujo6801

ajf64

May 7, 2011
Not a bad ROM at all. Very fast. Biggest issue is the abundance of black boxes.

ya this is known issue we are working to resolve this soon

lean kernel has dropped support for the galaxy nexus so we will be switching to a new kernel that should fix the issue

Last edited:
Reactions: heXacode

calebv2

Feb 27, 2010
ya this is known issue we are working to resolve this soon

lean kernel has dropped support for the galaxy nexus so we will be switching to a new kernel that should fix the issue

You guys should use Dirty V kernel its the best out there right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Sheetzie03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

CodefireX.com

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.
    Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.

Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:

T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    Quick Settings panel customizations.
    Live network stats in your statusbar.
    Button backlight customizations.
    Hardware button customizations.
    Volume button customizations.
    Many more being added during the nightly builds.

NOTE: Only "AnyKernel" flashable kernel zips are supported.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Toro Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:

Lean Kernel
    The Android Open Source Project
    LLVM CI
    Linux Foundation
    Showp1984 for the awesome kernel!
    Code Aurora Forum
    CyanogenMod Inc.
    Chainfire
    Many more!

codefireX, a ROM for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    synergye, bigrushdog, jrior001, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP + Win!

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies
    What happened? You guys were like miles out ahead of everyone else in experimental rom development with things like LTO, and building nearly the entire rom with clang compiler (which is something I dont think anyone else has really even come close to), not to mention being the only rom I know of to actually build using openmaster source...

Good things are coming in other places. Building entirely with clang isn't necessarily advantageous over GCC. Most tests put them relatively even with each other. As far as openmaster, a lot of people feel it is not worth having to fix upstream code left and right and have to wait awhile after a release for updated master. Most just cherry-pick from there selectively. CFX is dead, but you're still in good hands. Vanir is a great ROM and offers similar performance optimizations. We've got Linaro and CFX bionic; optimized kernel toolchains for each different CPU architecture, the best features of other ROMs, and our own magic. We're working on adding Qualcomm's krait-optimized clang as a compiler (not building entirely with it yet, but we may transition depending on the results; we won't just do it to be different, we want to be sure it's better). EOS also is awesome; very clean like CFX and offers several of bigrushdog's features and great performance. That is the spiritual successor to CFX since that's where much of the team has gone (bigrushdog, jrior, anders3408, RaymanFX, etc.). I believe synergy is working on his own ROM, but I know nothing about that.
    What happened? You guys were like miles out ahead of everyone else in experimental rom development with things like LTO, and building nearly the entire rom with clang compiler (which is something I dont think anyone else has really even come close to), not to mention being the only rom I know of to actually build using openmaster source...

experimenting is one thing but in terms of long-term usability that's not always the best route to take. There's PLENTY of other low-hanging fruit out there in terms of optimizations... believe me. Also, unless you're trying to contribute to it open master has high upkeep and is very maintenance intensive. It's also broken often because they are constantly trying to rename things and shuffle things around lol.
    To someone, well, on more of the noobish side, what does this actually mean? ?

I see excitement, but why?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

means we dont just kang cm we build from ground up
    Thanks! Can't wait to try this out, cfx was always the best choice of ROM for my phone.

happy to hear that we strive to do the best we can