[solved]updating ENG-HBOOT, gets I/O error, caz eMMC was dead

Search This thread

opumps

May 12, 2011
hi guys, this problem was solved, unexpectedly.

my DS was bricked by an accidentally freeze and the immediately battery pulled-out.
so, the eMMC-chip(marked as SAMSUNG104, KLM4G2DEJE A001, FDAE15PC) was completely dead, and i made a replacement with a new one(made by Sandisk serial:SEM04G), and then everything goes on good.

for more detail, you could click
[solved]BRICKed: inside eMMC's dead, with E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

im updating the ENG-HBOOT to get the full permissions on "fastboot mod".

1. when i type: dd if=/sdcard/hboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
Code:
dd: writing '/dev/block/mmcblk0p18':[B][COLOR=red] I/O error[/COLOR][/B]
1+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes (0B) copied, 4.004939 seconds, 0B/s

2. PG88IMG.zip, and it stuck at updating screen.

3.can fastboot do a same job to upgrade the HBOOT?

Last edited:

pastynko

Dec 17, 2009
Bratislava
I was unable to update via fastboot, but you can try it.

The command was "fastboot flash hboot filename" if I remember it correctly.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

Reactions: opumps

opumps

May 12, 2011
I was unable to update via fastboot, but you can try it.The command was "fastboot flash hboot filename" if I remember it correctly.

thanx man.

here's the prompts

Code:
fastboot flash hboot hboot.img
sending 'hboot' (1024 KB)... OKAY
writing 'hboot'... [COLOR=red][B]FAILED (remote: not allowed)[/B][/COLOR]

the remote: not allowed is caused by the current HBOOT, and the updating is about to get the "allowed" permission.

anything else i can do? heeeeeelp

Last edited:

OdiemanSAM

Oct 27, 2010
Fredericksburg
Hey opumps... I'm not sure I can be much help. With the methods I use, being for the G2, is mostly run from hboot bootloader. In order for it to work I had to fool the phone into thinking the PC10IMG.zip I use is newer than the version of everything on the phone. I do this via misc_version or the dd command to swap in the misc.img onto the misc partition. Not sure how the Desire S is. But if I were to lead you in a direction I would say find a stock PCxxIMG.zip and in linux unzip it... trust me it works but must be in linux for the files not to be messed up. Then swap out the hboot.img for the eng-hboot... just take out the old one and put in the eng one. Hboot.img as filename should work just fine... if the hboot is an nbh or whatever it shouldn't matter... it should pick up the img during update and flash. Once that files is in the directory add all the files back into a new zip. Rename the new zip to your PCxxIMG.zip. put on the root of the phone and reboot into bootloader. It should pick up the file and... well you tell me. You can take all the rest of the files out and only leave the eng hboot and it will flash what you have in the zip. In order to do it other ways I needed a program called gfree to remove the security fom the hboot.

Reactions: opumps

Numline1

Mar 27, 2011
Nitra
Hey, Im glad you fixed it, now I at least know, what's wrong with mine. I hope they'll cover it under warranty and if they don't, at least I know how to fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was unable to update via fastboot, but you can try it.

The command was "fastboot flash hboot filename" if I remember it correctly.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App
    Hey opumps... I'm not sure I can be much help. With the methods I use, being for the G2, is mostly run from hboot bootloader. In order for it to work I had to fool the phone into thinking the PC10IMG.zip I use is newer than the version of everything on the phone. I do this via misc_version or the dd command to swap in the misc.img onto the misc partition. Not sure how the Desire S is. But if I were to lead you in a direction I would say find a stock PCxxIMG.zip and in linux unzip it... trust me it works but must be in linux for the files not to be messed up. Then swap out the hboot.img for the eng-hboot... just take out the old one and put in the eng one. Hboot.img as filename should work just fine... if the hboot is an nbh or whatever it shouldn't matter... it should pick up the img during update and flash. Once that files is in the directory add all the files back into a new zip. Rename the new zip to your PCxxIMG.zip. put on the root of the phone and reboot into bootloader. It should pick up the file and... well you tell me. You can take all the rest of the files out and only leave the eng hboot and it will flash what you have in the zip. In order to do it other ways I needed a program called gfree to remove the security fom the hboot.