power control widget?

Search This thread

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
if you mean the "power widgets" on notifications, you'd need to get the latest CM9 Kangs to offer it. It's still a work in progress.

If you're referring to the one on your home screens, then +1 to joshnichols189. Widgetsoid works well.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
if you mean the "power widgets" on notifications, you'd need to get the latest CM9 Kangs to offer it. It's still a work in progress.

If you're referring to the one on your home screens, then +1 to joshnichols189. Widgetsoid works well.

I was under the impression that you could use widgetsoid for the notification toggles as well?

elvendawn

Jun 13, 2010
yes, widgetsoid works for notifications toggles too, but some of the toggles aren't working for the GN yet, and there is no LTE toggle either :(

AlphaVFR

Sep 25, 2011
Bay Area
Speaking of power control. Any of you got reboot working from widgetsroid? If I am hijacking the thread let me know and I start elsewhere.

Sent from my LTE Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pnnorth

Dec 18, 2010

Widgetsoid can be used as a power widget - there is a 'how to' in the help section of the app.

5680a2f0-34d8-79b7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Reactions: jbdan

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
Is there anyway to remove the widgetsoid icon from the notification bar? Initially I had it set to be invisible, but then when I had other icons in the status bar, the blank space where the invisible icon actually was annoyed the crap out of me. So I disabled the invisibility option so at least all the icons will look uniform...but I'd still rather get rid of it completely. Or find a different widget that works in the notification bar. Anyone know if Extended Control notification widgets have been updated to work with ICS as well as Honeycomb?

AlphaVFR

Sep 25, 2011
Bay Area
Widgetsoid can be used as a power widget - there is a 'how to' in the help section of the app.

I read the FAQ part of it. What I don't understand is this. "Make su; chmod755 /data/data/com.jim2/protocol on "Terminal Emulator"".

So I ran the two commands in Terminal and nothing happens nor the reboot working.
su
chmod755/data/data/com.jim2/protocol

This is my first Android phone. Sorry for being a beginner at it.

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
I read the FAQ part of it. What I don't understand is this. "Make su; chmod755 /data/data/com.jim2/protocol on "Terminal Emulator"".

So I ran the two commands in Terminal and nothing happens nor the reboot working.
su
chmod755/data/data/com.jim2/protocol

This is my first Android phone. Sorry for being a beginner at it.

Are you rooted? and you entered the second command with spaces right?
Code:
chmod 755 /data/data/com.jim2/protocol

AlphaVFR

Sep 25, 2011
Bay Area
Rooted and gave it permission. The spaces were in place. Not sure why the earlier reply didn't have it.

Sent from my LTE Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
Probably a silly question but how do you get the widgetsoid in the notification bar? For me it just shows up as a bunch of widgets that I can choose.

sa seba

Aug 12, 2010
Vancouver
Go into the appdrawer, scroll to widgets, choose widgetoid switcher and drag it onto your home screen. A config window will pop up where you can choose the contols you want. At the bottom of that window you need to open advanced and tick notification and widget invisible.

Reactions: pcm2a

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
Wow thanks that worked great. So by default we can only do 4 of them I guess? In one screenshot the guy has 7. On my Thunderbolt with CM7 I have 6 (not widgetsoid).

It will be great once flashlight and 4g toggles work for us!

dhy8386

Jul 11, 2011
Wow thanks that worked great. So by default we can only do 4 of them I guess? In one screenshot the guy has 7. On my Thunderbolt with CM7 I have 6 (not widgetsoid).

It will be great once flashlight and 4g toggles work for us!

you can do as many as u want. choose the 4x1 setting but it is not relevant if adding to notify bar. just add more and they will adjust in size to fit the bar.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
o_O wow! I haven't used Widgetsoid in awhile but that is a neat feature they implemented in. I was using CM7's Power Widget and never paid attention to it.

smckdwn989

Dec 23, 2009
i've been using Widgetsoid as a notification bar and wanted to know if it was possible to remove the icon up the upper left corner altogether. i know there's a way to make it invisible, but it shifts my other icons to the right which drives me crazy. is it possible to remove the icon completely?

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
The difference I see from CM7 is that the toggles would stay at the top. With widgetsoid the toggles will be below the notifications. However, I now can have some applications and shortcuts in there which is awesome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any chanche we can get a power control widget in the task bar? be really nice to have the touch wiz one for it..
    Try widgetsoid from the market ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

5680a2f0-34d8-79b7.jpg

Go into the appdrawer, scroll to widgets, choose widgetoid switcher and drag it onto your home screen. A config window will pop up where you can choose the contols you want. At the bottom of that window you need to open advanced and tick notification and widget invisible.