T-Mobile will offer truly unlimited data for $30 from Sept. 5th

Search This thread

shehade08

Jan 18, 2012
Is that $30 on top of the data plan? Or is it all together $30? Idk if I'm wording this correctly lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

jdyowa

Jan 26, 2012
Is that $30 on top of the data plan? Or is it all together $30? Idk if I'm wording this correctly lol

It appears it will be free if you already have the unlimited (5GBP)(like me). It says upgrade to unlimited from 2gb for $10. Thats $30

vendetta718

Apr 26, 2011
New York
Probably in preparation for the I phone 5 launch.

I have a question though. Let's say we got the truely unlimited plan can we still use the tethering option in cm10 without getting caught?

Hopefully they just add $5 more to the 30/monthly 4G plan.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

thiagomme

Sep 22, 2008
I just hope tmobile's network will be able to take the hit from all of us data hogs + the new ones who will be making the switch. That's the only thing that worries me because it would suck to be on an unlimited data plan that only crawls along web pages and streaming.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I was a little bummed that I left sprint after 9 years and was missing my sprint unlimited everything and have been keeping a good eye on my usage now with TMO so I dont go over. Now I'm really glad I switched over. Currently on the value $64.99 (500 min, unltd texts, and 5gb data) plan and from the looks of it I'll be paying $5 more to get the unlimited everything. Cant wait for the 5th! The plus side of Tmo is I get 4g speeds in 99% places I go and didnt have to wait for LTE to roll out for sprint.

Last edited:

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
I'm not very versed in tethering but I read that tmo was still catching tethering on the "back end"??? So they are able to see it anyway. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I tether to my Transformer Prime and laptop everyday...and never gotten a msg from T-mobile about tethering usage.

I'm on T-mobile's Monthly 4G Prepaid $30/month plan btw. No contracts no headaches.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I tether to my Transformer Prime and laptop everyday...and never gotten a msg from T-mobile about tethering usage.

I'm on T-mobile's Monthly 4G Prepaid $30/month plan btw. No contracts no headaches.

Nothing is forever and no guarantee that just cause you're not notified everyone else will be as lucky. Out of curiosity are you getting throttled when you reach your cap?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DesperateScorpion

May 26, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Customer retention can offer you unlimited 5GB data for $20 (this does not have the tethering option) and it can be added now, no need to wait till the 5th. They only have the 5GB plan, i already asked about the 2GB for $10 and they said they don't have that offer. I didn't take this option even though it is $10 cheaper (I currently have the grandfathered unlimited data & text for $35) cause I always find myself tethering my laptop or tablet during travel when the hotel wireless is spotty.

arodhr13

Jun 29, 2010
I just got the 5 gig from retention but the rep states that I still will only have a five gig cap is this true? or does he know what he's talking about? I'm thinking he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. But got that plan from retention for 20 bucks a month

007shinobi

Aug 13, 2010
I just got the 5 gig from retention but the rep states that I still will only have a five gig cap is this true? or does he know what he's talking about? I'm thinking he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. But got that plan from retention for 20 bucks a month

If you received the preferred android data plan then yes it will have the soft cap of 5 GB a month then slows down to 2G speeds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Speak to someone whom doesnt have their head up there ass.
    I think it still says I still have 4G speed limit,but its over 9000+ Gb Limit...??...lol

Yea it sure would.. but I would like to get a single discount first:D

Sent from my SGH-T999 or GT-P3113 using xda premium

It is considered a corp discount, so any employee discount, it will not combine.

For those who do not have a discount currently and would like one, here is the link with the info:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5036672-T-mobile-12-or-10-off-total-bill

The only thing outdated about that link is before you can call and just add it to your account. But now you have to fill out a form and email it a discount email.

If you have blue cross blue shield health care you get 15% off, otherwise the best option I found was usafact.org.

Here is what you do:

1) sign up for usafact.org ( 3 month membership = $12 ), you get refunded when you cancel within 60 days.

2) Fill out this form : https://my.t-mobile.com/Corporate/MCSA_Form.doc

3) Take a screenshot of the membership email you got from usafact.org after you signed up.

4) Email the Form,membership email and PROMOCODE: 10045TMOFAV to mcsamigrations@t-mobilesupport.com and put the subject line as: Corporate Discount Form Promo Code #10045TMOFAV

5) wait for a response! I got a response in 20 mins! That department is really fast in processing these forms.

6) Cancel membership to usafact.org.
    T-Mobile Will Introduce New “Unlimited” Data Plan That’s Actually Unlimited

So who will be switching over? I probably am since I currently have the $30/5GB plan and it seems like a no brainer. Great to see T-Mobile do this.
    Call loyalty and tell them you want the preferred android data plan for $20, they'll know what you're talking about