[ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925/XT926

Search This thread

estuardo4

Jul 7, 2009
I don't know how you feel about it, but all of this seem pretty inconsistent to me. I assume we all at least format /system & clear cache before applying a new release, so how come we have so many different (opposite) behaviours? (needless to mention the random endless reboots). We all run the same ROM on the same device. It doesn't make sense.

The only conclusion I can come to so far is that it's all related to the only stuff that is different from device to device, and that is being carried over between upgrades: stuff stored in /data.

My next test will be to wipe everything (/system, /cache, /data) and flash CM10.1/gapps on a pristine device.

I already did that and I still have the proximity sensor not working. On a pristine device. I didn't test other sensors, just the proximity one.

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Anybody here can test NFC and give a feedback, please ?

I don't know to what extent my test is reliable or not since I never tried this before in CM10 or stock ROM.
I tried the "beam" feature between my device and one of my colleagues' Samsung S3. Nothing happens. No sound or other notification to tell that the NFC chip senses anything.

Last edited:

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Anybody here can test NFC and give a feedback, please ?

Just tested with a GS3 :

- I sent a picture, worked like a charm
- I tried to receive a picture, failed, my phone launch play store app (with an error "not found")

Edit :
Receive works, it was his GS3. it had the function "S Beam" enabled, I guess it is s samsung beam... we disabled "S Beam" en left "Android beam" from NFC menu enabled.

Last edited:

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Just tested with a GS3 :

- I sent a picture, worked like a charm
- I tried to receive a picture, failed, my phone launch play store app (with an error "not found")

Edit :
Receive works, it was his GS3. it had the function "S Beam" enabled, I guess it is s samsung beam... we disabled "S Beam" en left "Android beam" from NFC menu enabled.

I'm wondering how you have installed this CM10.1 release. Formatted /system, /data and /cache prior to installing release and gapps?

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
I started from 17/01 release.

Formated /system
installed CM 10.1 (17/01)
Installed Gapps
wiped everything

Since 17/01 I do upgrades only.
In recovery, I flashed 18/01 , 22/01 and 23/01, and after each one, Gapps. no format, no wipe.

uropb

Jan 16, 2013
moscow
Just installed latest build(was on JB OTA from O2)
All is working as advertised, camera is no go, endless boot on first start, hangs if you open camera and go to sleep(won't wake up 'till reset)
Wiped system, data, cache, dalvic cache prior to flashing
Any news on the camera working?

upd. Pressure sensor - not working
upd.2 None of the sensors are working

Last edited:

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
I started from 17/01 release.

Formated /system
installed CM 10.1 (17/01)
Installed Gapps
wiped everything

Since 17/01 I do upgrades only.
In recovery, I flashed 18/01 , 22/01 and 23/01, and after each one, Gapps. no format, no wipe.
Interesting... It means that you (probably) have left-overs in /system from previous releases. I guess that might be a nice hint for Emerson.

EDIT: Could also be /cache, not sure about when/how/if /cache is automatically wiped/rebuilt when applying a new release

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Just installed latest build(was on JB OTA from O2)
All is working as advertised, camera is no go, endless boot on first start, hangs if you open camera and go to sleep(won't wake up 'till reset)
Wiped system, data, cache, dalvic cache prior to flashing
Any news on the camera working?

upd. Pressure sensor - not working
upd.2 None of the sensors are working

Another potential evidence that formatting /system and /cache between upgrades could be at the origin of sensor malfunctions (and possibly worsen or somehow influence the endless reboots?).

So it might not be stuff stored in /data after all.

Last edited:

uropb

Jan 16, 2013
moscow
Interesting... It means that you (probably) have left-overs in /system from previous releases. I guess that might be a nice hint for Emerson.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Another potential evidence that formatting /system between upgrades could be at the origin of sensor malfunctions (and possibly endless reboots?).

So it might not be stuff stored in /data after all.

Do you mean, that some stuff from /system shoud be left there from original firmware?

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Re: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925

Sometime I have endless boot.
You must wipe everything when you come from stock Motorola rom.

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Do you mean, that some stuff from /system shoud be left there from original firmware?

I mean that some stuff from /system (or /cache) might be left-over between releases (or even the original firmware) if the partitions are not formatted in between. As a side effect, it seems to make sensors work better. But I am pretty sure that it is not what is intended by Emerson, but more of a coincidence.

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Sometime I have endless boot.
You must wipe everything when you come from stock Motorola rom.
Well, my assumption is that, in theory, it is better to format /system and /cache in between releases, thus ensuring that there are no left-overs from the previous system, the whole point being to avoid that such left-overs conflict with or break anything in your brand new system! In our case, it is the exact opposite, since such left-overs seem to make sensors actually work!:eek:

All in all here, I am making assumptions. I guess only Emerson can figure out exactly what is going on. I'm confident he will.;)

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

But i just said, that i formated before flashing
Yes, thus no left-overs. Since these seem to help right now, your sensors are not working.

Last edited:

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
I'm not sure, but I think the system is formated when update flashed :

here is a portion of the script used to flash the CM rom :

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

For exemple, each time I flash an update, I must flash Gapps and my smartactions zip or there are not here anymore.

In addition, I wiped cache quite often, even after last upgrade. I don't think your assumption is right.
As Emerson already requested, you should extract logcat and give it to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: madmonkey57

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
I'm not sure, but I think the system is formated when update flashed :

here is a portion of the script used to flash the CM rom :

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

For exemple, each time I flash an update, I must flash Gapps and my smartactions zip or there are not here anymore.
Nice catch. We can indeed guess that this means formatting /system, which would then imply that left-overs stored in /cache might be the key.

If we are on the right track, it should narrow down Emerson's investigations.:good:

EDIT: (And if we are not, he must be falling about laughing at all this non-sense!:silly:)

Last edited:

uropb

Jan 16, 2013
moscow
Magically all the sensors came back to life.
I dunno what to say here anymore
logcat included

upd. probably wrong logcat here, please advise on the logcat i need to capture for analysis

Attachments

• attachment.txt
    84.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) ROM for RAZR HD.

I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:
    http://www.linuxmobile.org/razrhd/cm10-1

Instructions:
    Download the zip (cm-10.1-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
    Boot into recovery.
    Backup your firmware and data!
    Format /system.
    Install the firmware (install zip from...).
    Install gapps (install zip from...).
    Wipe data/cache (don't wipe if you plan to upgrade from CM10 to CM10.1)
    Reboot.

DEVELOPERS (razrqcom-dev-team):
    EPinter - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT925 & MB886 Support
    DHacker - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Hashcode - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Nadlabak - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support
    Skrilax_CZ - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support

Developers builds:
    DHacker: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm/
    Epinter: http://goo.im/devs/epinter
    Skrilax: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/choose_device.php

37XGm.png

0Mx4q.png

ti5bH.png

2eWHL.png
    Feedback

Last week, cyanogenmod introduced some changes that break razrhd, don't boot anymore. To make it work again, we must make a change that breaks video decoding. We are working on a solution to solve all the kernel problems and avoid this kind of issue, but it may require some time.
    Working with dhacker to bring cm-10.2 to motorola qcom phones. Progress until now:
    No calls, lot of crashes, but some things working (wifi, display, audio). A lot of things to do yet. No ETA.

Be7LNcy.png
    Updated to 4.2.2, no bootloops or sensor problems.
    I hate when that happens. And it's more frustrating when there's so few other Roms to try with our device. But epinter has all the right to focus on his real work and family. I appreciate his work and I hope he can work again on this Rom in the near future.

I, as I'm sure many of you are, love to try new Roms on my Android devices. And the lack of options on this magnificent phone is infuriating. So many potential.

I'm trying to do something, some minutes in a day ... Building, trying to debug camera ...