Simple ROM and Device compatibility question

Search This thread

TIrving89

Jan 20, 2014
I have a Nexus 4 running on 4.4.2 update base ROM. I've unlocked and rooted my phone, with multiple root tests to be sure. I've also downloaded the Franco kernel. Though its not working, so I assume its cause its a nightly version. From the information I've found those don't always work.

Back to my question though. My devices is a Mako, which goes along with being a Nexus 4 right. So why is it when I downloaded the cyanogenmod mako latest ROM it didn't work? Came up with an error comparing device and product as being mako, and some status 7 thing. I did a restore and now I'm here.

I've tried to install it view clockwork recovery, and from the ROM manager app. Both came up with those errors. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

bladebuddy

Dec 31, 2011
It looks like you don't have the latest version of cwm on you're phone. Try updating you're CWM to the newest version. Or install twrp recovery ( newest version and try again.
Be warned if you install twrp recovery then you're backup made in cwm recovery wont work should you wish to use it.
Below is a screen shot showing you're problem.

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.

Attachments

• 1390261201440.jpg
    1390261201440.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: fatihlale

TIrving89

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks. I updated clockwork and it worked perfectly. Though its extremely annoying that I don't get my apps and data and all that I would normally get when doing a regular Google based ROM. Is there a way to get all that with custom ROMs? Do I just need to do a flash of Google play store or something?

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks. I updated clockwork and it worked perfectly. Though its extremely annoying that I don't get my apps and data and all that I would normally get when doing a regular Google based ROM. Is there a way to get all that with custom ROMs? Do I just need to do a flash of Google play store or something?

If you flash Gapps immediately after flashing the ROM, it should give you the options to download your apps and system settings during initial setup, if that's what you're asking.

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

You need to flash gapps package for google apps like playstore, gmail..etc. Link are often given together in the OP of the rom thread.

TIrving89

Jan 20, 2014
Excellent. Thank you all. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those! You've all been a great help.

TIrving89

Jan 20, 2014
One more question. Kernels. I know some are ment purely for custom ROMs. But is there a place I can get Kernels for a stock ROM? I haven't decided on a custom ROM yet, but I'd like to tweak this one as much as I can before.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
They support both, the exception being with CM kernels.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fatihlale

Jan 30, 2014
Ankara
It looks like you don't have the latest version of cwm on you're phone. Try updating you're CWM to the newest version. Or install twrp recovery ( newest version and try again.
Be warned if you install twrp recovery then you're backup made in cwm recovery wont work should you wish to use it.

thanks!

Reactions: fatih.lale

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks!