T-Mobile Desire will be the HTC Desire!

Search This thread

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
Just been told this by T-Mobile Support. The HTC Desire on T-Mobile will be the HTC Desire, this means all HTC Branding is intact, no HTC logos are replaced with the T-Mobile one, no design features changed etc.

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/htc-desire/

This I beleive is the first HTC Handset in a long time on TMobile in my experiance:

The HTC Diamond:
- Was renamed the MDA IV
- Had no diamond back
- Had no HTC Branding

The G1:
- Renamed the T-Mobile G1
- Had no coloured call and end call buttons.
- Had No HTC Branding

The Hero:
- Renamed the G2 Touch
- Had no HTC Branding

I don't know how important this is to people but it was quite important to me, I'd much rather have a HTC Desire than a T-Mobile G3 Touch My3g...

P.S. Just a thought, it might not have any network branding at all seeing as how Orange and T-Mobile are soon to become one, possibly new named, network.

Teppic24

Dec 8, 2007
Ipswich
I don't think so. Desire is Dualband. However the nexus is triband

Incorrect. Both phones are quad band.

From HTC's own specifications:

HTC Nexus One
HSDPA/WCDMA: 900/AWS/2100 MHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

HTC Desire
HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

So, with the exception of AWS on the Nexus, the specs are identical.

redrazr7791

Feb 10, 2008

HTC Nexus One

HTC Desire

Which still begs the questions...will it work in the U.S.?

ninjakettle

Feb 25, 2010
London

HTC Nexus One

HTC Desire

Fair enough, confused myself when i read this article - so the difference is triband vs dualband with regards to browsing/3g speeds?

"The Desire lacks both the active noise cancellation and the triband HSDPA/WCDMA of the Nexus One, making do with just dualband 900/2100. That means it’s not much use – at least in terms of high-speed cellular connectivity – outside of Europe and Asia; take the Desire to the US and you’ll be stuck using quadband EDGE or hunting for WiFi hotspots."

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
It will work on T-Mobile USA you will get 3G. If you use it on AT&T you will only get edge as it doesnt support AT&T's 3G. It will not work on Verizon or Sprint.

redrazr7791

Feb 10, 2008
It will work on T-Mobile USA you will get 3G. If you use it on AT&T you will only get edge as it doesnt support AT&T's 3G. It will not work on Verizon or Sprint.

If in fact it does support 3G for T-mobile USA...then I believe some people in the marketplace are about to make some money when this phone comes out ;)

shawon007

Oct 12, 2009
London
WOWzers, is t mobile UK selling an exclsive black version like they did with HTC Hero?> :Looks like it from the pics...

sh500

May 19, 2005
Just been told this by T-Mobile Support. The HTC Desire on T-Mobile will be the HTC Desire, this means all HTC Branding is intact, no HTC logos are replaced with the T-Mobile one, no design features changed etc.

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/htc-desire/

This I beleive is the first HTC Handset in a long time on TMobile in my experiance:

The HTC Diamond:
- Was renamed the MDA IV
- Had no diamond back
- Had no HTC Branding

The G1:
- Renamed the T-Mobile G1
- Had no coloured call and end call buttons.
- Had No HTC Branding

The Hero:
- Renamed the G2 Touch
- Had no HTC Branding

I don't know how important this is to people but it was quite important to me, I'd much rather have a HTC Desire than a T-Mobile G3 Touch My3g...

P.S. Just a thought, it might not have any network branding at all seeing as how Orange and T-Mobile are soon to become one, possibly new named, network.

Both the HD2 and Touch 2 have not been rebranded either.