[UPDATED 04/29][DEV - Camera ( camcorder improvement ) ] Camera tests

Search This thread

brinka123

Aug 1, 2009
Thanks for testing enigmatik_best.
1] I have hangups sometimes with camera360 when using some effects (retro) for example. When camere tries to focus, it hangs. Probably other devices have this too.

2] I found that pictures where dark in dark circumstances, comparing to my blackstone. Attached a new version (sorry) with a better exposure. Please try it.
I don't have any hangups with the standard camera.

Attachments

• Camera100_ver3.ZIP
    2.5 MB · Views: 777
Last edited:

littlebigtux

Apr 29, 2010
nimes
Exposure is clearly more "reactive" when zooming and in low lights. (with V3)

Autofocus perfectly works for me. I tested with QR readers which use it intensivly and had no problems.

Last edited:

littlebigtux

Apr 29, 2010
nimes
I tryed Camera 360.

I like it, but Idon't think it's a good way to test camera, because there are pre-treatment during targeting and post-treatment of the shots.

Jul 29, 2009
Brussels
Thanks for testing enigmatik_best.
1] I have hangups sometimes with camera360 when using some effects (retro) for example. When camere tries to focus, it hangs. Probably other devices have this too.

2] I found that pictures where dark in dark circumstances, comparing to my blackstone. Attached a new version (sorry) with a better exposure. Please try it.
I don't have any hangups with the standard camera.
Exposure is clearly more "reactive" when zooming and in low lights. (with V3)

Autofocus perfectly works for me. I tested with QR readers which use it intensivly and had no problems.

YES! I confirm the good work on the exposure, better lighting in low light.
Autofocus is very good for me too :cool:
There is again a little "lag" but less than before.
Cam-video work always and seem better than before (?).
No "crash" for this moment with use only the native cam apk.
(but no more tested with another "big" program in same time of the cam)

Hip Hip Hip Houraaaa!!! Brinka123 (and others contributors (?)) :D:cool::)

Continue in this way and we shall have almost same quality as the native cam application under WM6.5 ^_^

Here is an example of the difference between the picture with the V2 patch and with the V3 patch ... you'll see immediatly the progress :cool:

IMG_20111002_033604.jpg
IMG_20111002_030626.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~With the V2 patch_____________________________________With the V3 patch (Camera100_ver3.ZIP)~~~~~

PS: Littlebigtux, Brinka123, Arrrghhh and others ... : What did you tested of alternative cam application than the native cam?
There are Cam360 (good but slow and freeze), Camera Advance (bad according to me), ... ? Not yet found application as complete as in the application of HTC WM6.5, witch not freeze and not too slow :confused:

Last edited:

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas
YES! I confirm the good work on the exposure, better lighting in low light.

I've a RHOD500 and I felt curious to test this patch V3 because of your pictures..I always thought that the pictures taken in Android are too dark even with good lighting. I mentioned it to arrrghhh months ago, but I completely forgot to post that here...Did not try this patch extensively, but I really notice the difference in the pictures. Maybe it's not a big deal but there is definitely an improvement in the clarity of the photos; are not as dark as before.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I've a RHOD500 and I felt curious to test this patch V3 because of your pictures..I always thought that the pictures taken in Android are too dark even with good lighting. I mentioned it to arrrghhh months ago, but I completely forgot to post that here...Did not try this patch extensively, but I really notice the difference in the pictures. Maybe it's not a big deal but there is definitely an improvement in the clarity of the photos; are not as dark as before.

Nice!

JB is kinda out of it lately, and hasn't been able to help with this patch. Trying to get him to work with brinka123, hopefully they can get a patch that can be implemented.

littlebigtux

Apr 29, 2010
nimes
PS: Littlebigtux, Brinka123, Arrrghhh and others ... : What did you tested of alternative cam application than the native cam?
There are Cam360 (good but slow and freeze), Camera Advance (bad according to me), ... ? Not yet found application as complete as in the application of HTC WM6.5, witch not freeze and not too slow :confused:

I don't find much interesting camera apps on the market.....
Most of them are just "software"gadgets and a lots don't work, but the problem isn't due to the camera itself (filters, treatments,... can't be really evaluated).

Last edited:

brinka123

Aug 1, 2009
First we have to thank viruscrazy.
Thanks Enigmatic_best showing the difference between the versions.

Integration of the patch is very easy, when JB knows that
raphael, sapphire, diamond and halibut devices are not degraded by this kernel.
So test it or just release the kernel and wait for responses (it is just a camera!). Put this in the appropriate forums??
According to me reducing the frames per second can not do any harm to the functioning of the camera.

Stijnjits

Aug 22, 2009
Is it normal that when running the 24th September 2011 kernel from Brinka123 on a RHOD100 I cannot access the cell phone network?
Same for the 26th September 2011 version.
Camera works fine! (Still wondering when it's going to make it into the autobuild...)
But I do notice a bit more lag on the camera image when taking pictures in the dark.

Edit: rebooted android 5 times and it does connect finally.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Is it normal that when running the 24th September 2011 kernel from Brinka123 on a RHOD100 I cannot access the cell phone network?
Same for the 26th September 2011 version.
Camera works fine! (Still wondering when it's going to make it into the autobuild...)
But I do notice a bit more lag on the camera image when taking pictures in the dark.

Edit: rebooted android 5 times and it does connect finally.

I don't think brinka123 has submitted an acceptable patch. JB hasn't been around much to work with him either (although I hope they've exchanged some emails.... right?)

brinka123

Aug 1, 2009
Last mail received from JB 27-sept.
JB has no time.
It's nice to see that many people are happy with the working camera.

Quality of the pictures is quite good!

The kernel V3 works fine. When having troubles it could also be the build or memory problems.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1933486I tried the v3 'test' kernel/haret however it just freezes after I run haret, tried both harets with the kernel provided.

RHOD110

My camera still dies in the light with normal kernel.

You need to basically do the same steps for a .35/.39 kernel. New HaRET & offset, should be good to go.

Commits still haven't been pushed. I haven't seen any merge requests or anything for that matter. brinka123, I think you posted them to the mailing list... Did you clean them up? IIRC you posted them in a very early (unacceptable as-is) state...

quirrel

Oct 14, 2009
camera still not working

I use Diam100 but camera does not work for me with V3 zip linked on this or previous page. Anyone knows if it is allready in some release?

Stijnjits

Aug 22, 2009
I saw this problem has a "fixed" status on the rhodium-nand bugtracker. So I'm wondering if it is included in recent kernel builds? (Like the new kernels voor GB)

Stijnjits

Aug 22, 2009
Thanks for your reply, Arrrrghhh! I was just wondering if it is also included in for example the kernel autobuilds...
But checking the Git is a good suggestion! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here is a "test" package for camera under android.

IMPORTANT : this thread will only deal with XDANDROID Rom. Cyanogen's mod or any else might not work if camera have not been enabled in userland (checkered camera screen).

Current working devices are :
    -Diamond
    -Rhodium
    -Raphael
    -Blackstone
    -Topaz

This package allow camera to be used for picture but video will fail (bug fixed, will soon publish libs).

I need some people to test it (I've tested it but when you are working on something for a long time, you sometimes need external testers...because you know where it may bug and you don't really want that so you avoid those use cases...:D)

1/ MAKE A BACKUP of the system.ext2, rootfs.img and data.img files so that you can revert back to normal state if something goes wrong
    2/ See intructions in the 22/01/2011 update.
    3/ If you have a CMDA rhodium, add the following content to the startup.txt file :
    Code:
    board-htcrhodium.is_cdma=1
    This is a quick hack to detect CDMA board till I make it as the other board do.
    4/ Replace the kernel + modules with the ones provided in the latest update.

Any feedback is welcome. If you're experiencing problems, please attach a dmesg log and logcat log so that I can analyze them. If I don"t have those files, I probably won't be able to do anything to help you.
    THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO USE ANDROID AND ADB. Others, wait for the final release in the common tree.

Source tree : http://gitorious.org/~jbruneaux/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm-home-work (lot of changes almost every days as used as a gateway between computers)

[23/02/2011] :
    * New kernel for rhodium only. This is an attempt to fix the pink screen problem.

Link to the package : http://www.4shared.com/file/OMMJkB4Q/kernel_modules_02232011.html

[29/04/2011] :
    * New libraries for camcorder to enable the hardware codecs for video recording.
    These libraries will make camcorder use the hardware accelerated codecs for qualcomm hardware. That will make quite good quality videos (much more than the software codec actually used) and will also make sound recording work with video.

Link to the libraries : http://www.4shared.com/file/fLEiesLy/libomx_xdandroid.html

Please also patch your froyo.user.conf with those two lines :

Code:
    mount --bind /sdcard/lib_camera/libOmxCore.so /system/lib/libOmxCore.so
    mount --bind /sdcard/lib_camera/libmm-omxcore.so /system/lib/libmm-omxcore.so

Note that these libraries are to be used with the official xdandroid FROYO build (FRX05 or later) and the official kernel/modules.

Don't use the kernels / libraries (except the 29/04/2011 camcorder libs) from this thread, they are now included in the offical release.

Once again : if you have a crash or a bad behaviour, please make a dmesg log + logcat log ! I can't work without these files. Thanks

PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING AND CHECK FOR ANSWERS IN THE POSTS !

IMPORTANT : If the camera does not work, first, try to find the solution by yourself in this thread, then send me dmesg log + logcat of the boot and camera start.

Thanks to bzo for its modified libGLES_qcom and its work on rhodium (working hard on camera). Thanks to everyone who helped me with testings and logs.
    Working Camera for Rhodium 100

Hi All,

Attached an own compiled kernel, with a changed camera driver.
    Now the camera is working on a Rhodium 100.
    Only during zoom exposure is not correct.

Please test it on a Rhodium 100 and others (400,300) etc.
    camera works fine... colors and auto focus is ok...
    but is there a way to zoom in and out??(getting greedy huh ;):cool: )
    thx guys for the great work

just a question that might sound stupid....
    now the only updates for zimage and rootfs i have to get from this thread not from the AOSP page right?

Zoom is not working in this version of the camera app. For the new library I'm working on, I've updated the camera code to a newer version that supports zoom. I can't share it because I don't use the same release keys than the FRX release and android would refuse my apk because of signature. Once the newer library will be working, I will have a look to the zoom problem and if the camera code in userland really need to be updated to the one I'm using, then I will see how to make it merged in the common tree...right now, don't use the zoom button and don't use the video record button neither.

For the updates, if you want to have the latests improvement, you would better have to use the main kernel (but you loose camera). If you really need camera right now, use mine but even if I try to keep my tree uptodate with the main kernel, there might be some differences.

Jerome
    I just sent some patches to Jerome that should finally get the rhodium camera up and running. It's been a bit frustrating figuring this out since the rhod camera has been working for a week or two now, but not since attempting to integrate with Jerome's tree and getting the code cleaned up.

Hate to disappoint you diam500/raph800 guys, but it may be a little while before the camera is working for those devices. They are very different from the gsm devices with different gpio configurations and a different QDSP+AMSS. I say this from experience because I started mucking with the camera originally on the diam500.
    First thread updated with a new kernel

Read the [22/01/2011] update section for details

Please, report if any problem.

Thanks, Jerome