Roms review 99% done =)

Search This thread

djx24

Dec 1, 2010

[ROM] Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM) - v6.01 - created by slade87
I didn’t have any problems with this ROM, slade87 tried to take out the Sony’s stuff and it works.
The camera app it’s different from the other ones (I couldn’t figure it out but I think it’s the default android app?)
You could say bye bye to the album of SE, cause there is an app called Gallery 3D, it’s pretty good and simple.
I’ll be honest, I never like ADW, I’m more a Launcher Pro guy, but this theme, it’s smooth and with the option to “separate” the apps from each other’s it’s great.
The Flash player doesn’t work on the browser (damn you SE) but it’s installed so you can open swf files. (I didn’t try)
Bugs I found:
- Seems like, the keyboard light turns on with the keyboard closed :S (I think it’s fixable thanks to D4rKn3sSyS)
- The sms doesn’t have the option to save costs to.
- It’s possible to access the power options (by pressing the power button) even the phone it’s lock.

[ROM] Cyanogen Gingerbread CM7 based on MiniCM for MiniPro (v15.0) - created by slade87
What a disappointment… I was expecting much more from this ROM 
The best:
The profiles in the power options, that my friend it’s a damn good idea!
The worst/bugs:
The wifi was crazy, it was almost impossible to download via market the Quadrant Standard Edition to benchmark this ROM.
The camera doesn’t support full resolution (I think slade it’s working on that)
The screen goes off when it feels like, I mean even if you are navigating throw the menu, the screen goes off.
When someone calls you, the option to answer or not it’s in front of the name.
The sms doesn’t have the option to save costs to
It’s possible to access the power options (by pressing the power button) even the phone it’s lock.

[ROM]CyaNo (R)Evolution v1.3 & CyaNoComb v1.2 - created by slade87

This is a cleaner version of Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM) - v6.01.
The bugs are the same except:
It’s possible to access the power options (by pressing the power button) even the phone it’s lock.

[ROM] SonyBread 4.0 Final - created by paul-xxx

I couldn’t run this ROM because it loop in the gingerbread boot animation

[ROM 16-07-2011] Andread 2.2.9 Pro v7f - created by pumakkiotto

Sorry but I couldn’t review totally this ROM because of the updates :S My phone stuck at SE logo every time I tried to update with the “fix c.1.0 ok.zip” file.
The phone reboot one time while I was using the voice app, don’t know I why but isn’t important.
The camera app it’s very good, lots of options I think it’s the vignette app (correct me if I’m wrong)
The launcher it’s simple and cool, but doesn’t support horizontal mode.
This is a very lightly and fast ROM, very good work :D
Bugs I found:
- The keyboard layout (I didn’t test the slade87 method, but I think it works ;) )
- The launcher doesn’t save the order of apps.
- The sms doesn’t have the option to save costs

[ROM] CyaNoComb v1.3 - created by D4rKn3sSyS
I couldn’t test this ROM at all because the setup wizard always stops after I change the clock settings and then I don’t have a launcher :S
I tried to install the ROM twice.

This is the cost saving I'm talking about, I take this screen shot from the SONY's ROM
s

Last edited:

juanlec

Nov 8, 2010
Torreon
bugs find in latest version of roms

hi im running slade´s minicm 5.0 when i install 6.0 or 6.01 my app jbed java emulator dont work anymore. but it does en 5.0, i try Paul sonybread too and all works fine exept my java emulator. its say {no sd card present or maybe sd card is busy please chek it} the emulator installs fine but midlets dont run just says that and close.same fot froyocomb 1.6 and minicm 7, maybe a wrong lib file or line on build.prop? can somebody give me a hand or a hint? i really use this app. but want to jump to 6.01 or sonybread. thanks in advance.

Snusdus

Dec 4, 2010
First of all i am not a developer.
But i think it is a bad idea. Developers dont compete. Ui is what you make it too and everyone has different taste..

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

carbonicdk

Nov 7, 2010
A batery test alone would be nice. I've seen differences on up to 300 % from slades android 2.3 v 15 to his 2.2 cyan revolution alone. Other than that i think a comparison of features set up nice would help people, a test alone is kinda silly.

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App

f-24

Feb 25, 2011
Kuching
First of all i am not a developer.
But i think it is a bad idea. Developers dont compete. Ui is what you make it too and everyone has different taste..

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

his right.
and i dont think the dev want to enter this contest and compete with each other.basically all the rom are same.

s0ftcorn

Apr 25, 2011
What would be usefull is some kind of comparison. So new users can make a choice easier.

flex96

Mar 26, 2011
Landshut
So with so many roms out there, I thought maybe it's a good idea to make a test to all of them.
I'm gonna give them a score from 0 to 10 to:
- Bugs
- Users vote
- Interface
- Graphics
- CPU
- Battery
- Apps that are already installed
- Others stuff

I think it's fare enough to give a preparation time to all developers, thus I'm gonna review all the ROM that has been submitted to me, by the developer of that ROM,in a PM before 23:59:59 (UTC+1) 22nd July.
After that I'm gona download all the last versions of the ROMs submitted unitl that day.
I hope the developers like the ideia =)

the idea is not sooo bad
maybe you could see that CM is not forever the best rom in xda
it is sad that all roms are basicly a CM6 ROM
CM is good but a little bit new would be interessting

djx24

Dec 1, 2010
It's not a competition! It's like a comparable chart for new users, don't get me wrong please!

ctalcant

Aug 4, 2010
It's not a competition! It's like a comparable chart for new users, don't get me wrong please!
I suggest changing the thread title, it suggests a competition. As of right now, you have developers working together using fixes,optimizations from each other to make all the roms better and more stable, i see no reason to change that. Even just rating them still creates a competition in rankings, let alone the fact that your experience with a rom could be far different than what another user will have. This is evident in the rom threads themselves as some users experience bugs and others don't.

I think it's best to leave it as it is, comment on your experiences with the roms, rank them as you wish, just make sure that everyone knows its just your opinion and not a contest or competition.

coversnail

Jun 22, 2011
Why don't you just review the ROM's if you want to review them? I don't see the need to set a certain time and date, why should the developers work to your timescale?

s0ftcorn

Apr 25, 2011
the idea is not sooo bad
maybe you could see that CM is not forever the best rom in xda
it is sad that all roms are basicly a CM6 ROM
CM is good but a little bit new would be interessting

yeah but what could you change? You cant add new features, only change the stock Apps and look. Thats it!
Btw a rom with only new features but no "custom" stuff would be nice, so new "devs" have a nice blank rom to start customizing it! =)

djx24

Dec 1, 2010
The roms that i'm going to review are on the first topic, please be free to tell me if I forgot someone or something ;)

phroenix

Mar 13, 2011
10 out of 10 for enthusiasm but I think you should make clear from the start its your opinion if you really want to go ahead and do it.

When I first bought my phone I knew zero.
I don't know much now but everything I've learned and decided to do on this phone I've done through reading, and through trial & error.

My opinion is that beginners should learn for themselves, by trying for themselves...not being told

But thats my opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[ROM] Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM) - v6.01 - created by slade87
    I didn’t have any problems with this ROM, slade87 tried to take out the Sony’s stuff and it works.
    The camera app it’s different from the other ones (I couldn’t figure it out but I think it’s the default android app?)
    You could say bye bye to the album of SE, cause there is an app called Gallery 3D, it’s pretty good and simple.
    I’ll be honest, I never like ADW, I’m more a Launcher Pro guy, but this theme, it’s smooth and with the option to “separate” the apps from each other’s it’s great.
    The Flash player doesn’t work on the browser (damn you SE) but it’s installed so you can open swf files. (I didn’t try)
    Bugs I found:
    - Seems like, the keyboard light turns on with the keyboard closed :S (I think it’s fixable thanks to D4rKn3sSyS)
    - The sms doesn’t have the option to save costs to.
    - It’s possible to access the power options (by pressing the power button) even the phone it’s lock.

[ROM] Cyanogen Gingerbread CM7 based on MiniCM for MiniPro (v15.0) - created by slade87
    What a disappointment… I was expecting much more from this ROM 
    The best:
    The profiles in the power options, that my friend it’s a damn good idea!
    The worst/bugs:
    The wifi was crazy, it was almost impossible to download via market the Quadrant Standard Edition to benchmark this ROM.
    The camera doesn’t support full resolution (I think slade it’s working on that)
    The screen goes off when it feels like, I mean even if you are navigating throw the menu, the screen goes off.
    When someone calls you, the option to answer or not it’s in front of the name.
    The sms doesn’t have the option to save costs to

[ROM]CyaNo (R)Evolution v1.3 & CyaNoComb v1.2 - created by slade87

This is a cleaner version of Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM) - v6.01.
    The bugs are the same except:

[ROM] SonyBread 4.0 Final - created by paul-xxx

I couldn’t run this ROM because it loop in the gingerbread boot animation

[ROM 16-07-2011] Andread 2.2.9 Pro v7f - created by pumakkiotto

Sorry but I couldn’t review totally this ROM because of the updates :S My phone stuck at SE logo every time I tried to update with the “fix c.1.0 ok.zip” file.
    The phone reboot one time while I was using the voice app, don’t know I why but isn’t important.
    The camera app it’s very good, lots of options I think it’s the vignette app (correct me if I’m wrong)
    The launcher it’s simple and cool, but doesn’t support horizontal mode.
    This is a very lightly and fast ROM, very good work :D
    Bugs I found:
    - The keyboard layout (I didn’t test the slade87 method, but I think it works ;) )
    - The launcher doesn’t save the order of apps.
    - The sms doesn’t have the option to save costs

[ROM] CyaNoComb v1.3 - created by D4rKn3sSyS
    I couldn’t test this ROM at all because the setup wizard always stops after I change the clock settings and then I don’t have a launcher :S
    I tried to install the ROM twice.

This is the cost saving I'm talking about, I take this screen shot from the SONY's ROM
    s
    they all suck.

100% done.
    they all suck.

100% done.

Not all, Your's it's cool, uM@d? :cool: