Verizon G2

Search This thread

mrgoodpaul

Jan 11, 2013
Nashville, TN
to be honest HSPA+ isn't that far off from 4G and I think at some times it can be as fast if not faster than it. I do think it's worth a shot since s4's aren't worth the trouble unless the have a different ROM on them

quinejh

corrupt recovery

I have a verizone vs980 2 weeks ago I was running clockwork recovery and cm 11 then I decided to try rayglobe ported from 802 to Verizon after running it for a few hours I wanted to try a recovery with otg capabilities and read that the new twrp had it so I used freegee to check for new recoveries and it said there was a new twrp so I hit install. well long story short it installed the recovery for the d802 it must have read the rayglobe version or something. anyhow now I don't have a recovery and the only thing running is the rayglobe rom and the version says its a d802 when I try to run the utility it says wrong phone cause it's reading the d802. someone said change the build prop but I have no clue how to do this. I did get off the playstore a program called buildprop editor and I see 2 entries that refer to the phone as a d802 should I use the editor to change thoe entries to vs98012b and then try the flash tool and it may see my phone as a verizone? Thanks for the help

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
I have a verizone vs980 2 weeks ago I was running clockwork recovery and cm 11 then I decided to try rayglobe ported from 802 to Verizon after running it for a few hours I wanted to try a recovery with otg capabilities and read that the new twrp had it so I used freegee to check for new recoveries and it said there was a new twrp so I hit install. well long story short it installed the recovery for the d802 it must have read the rayglobe version or something. anyhow now I don't have a recovery and the only thing running is the rayglobe rom and the version says its a d802 when I try to run the utility it says wrong phone cause it's reading the d802. someone said change the build prop but I have no clue how to do this. I did get off the playstore a program called buildprop editor and I see 2 entries that refer to the phone as a d802 should I use the editor to change thoe entries to vs98012b and then try the flash tool and it may see my phone as a verizone? Thanks for the help

No do not change the build.prop. I know someone who did that and screwed up his phone. You can use adb to push the right recovery.

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud

quinejh

I have tried and tried to set up adb just can't seem to get it right, the internet says I need to install this big adb package and then go into file manager but I must b downloading the wrong files

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
I have tried and tried to set up adb just can't seem to get it right, the internet says I need to install this big adb package and then go into file manager but I must b downloading the wrong files

If you download ioroot it has adb inside. Just use that. You don't have to permanently install anything.

Here's a link to ioroot

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48709232

Download and unzip, then open terminal on your computer to wherever you unzipped those files. Use adb commands from the thread posted above and you're good to go.

Last edited:

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
Ok. I was trying to use the iroot20 to push twrp with ota but it wouldn't let me change the recovery ext from Lol to img that program didn't push the recovery

If you're trying to use TWRP on the vs980 with the 12B update you need to use one of these....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48879826

Don't change the file from .loki to .IMG. Just push it as it is.

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
I think part of the issue is I don't know the exact wording to use with the newest iroot the example they use is for img file and a Loki veryification file,

Do you have the loki_flash file and the recovery file? If so, what is the name of your recovery file (write it out exactly as you see it)?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

PM me so we don't clog up this thread