[Q] custom rom installation - copy zip to sd card?

Search This thread

bulmer

Nov 5, 2007
I am a bit confused about the process for installing a custom rom as the guides that i've read say to copy the roms zip file to the Nexus' sd card - but it doesn't have one! Where should I copy the zip file to then? :confused:
Cheers.

mrew42

Dec 1, 2010
London
Google Nexus 4
HTC Sensation
I am a bit confused about the process for installing a custom rom as the guides that i've read say to copy the roms zip file to the Nexus' sd card - but it doesn't have one! Where should I copy the zip file to then? :confused:
Cheers.

The internal memory is often referred to as the sdcard. If copying the rom from your PC, your 'sdcard' is what Windows will see. If you're downloading direct to your Nexus it will probably end up in the Download folder.

bulmer

Nov 5, 2007
The internal memory is often referred to as the sdcard. If copying the rom from your PC, your 'sdcard' is what Windows will see. If you're downloading direct to your Nexus it will probably end up in the Download folder.

Thanks mrew42, that clears that up!
I'm thinking the Towelroot method would be the most straight forward to gain root access but am a bit unsure about the installation sequence for a custom rom afterwards, given that a lot of the guides deal with the earlier methods of rooting. Sorry for the newb questions but the last time I was on this site I was flashing roms to my dell axim....its grown quite a bit here since then!

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Thanks mrew42, that clears that up!
I'm thinking the Towelroot method would be the most straight forward to gain root access but am a bit unsure about the installation sequence for a custom rom afterwards, given that a lot of the guides deal with the earlier methods of rooting. Sorry for the newb questions but the last time I was on this site I was flashing roms to my dell axim....its grown quite a bit here since then!

Unlock the bootloader, install a us to rom and the flash a SU zip to root. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6k4rCaMPSQ8

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app