Review and issues with Wolfbreak's v 6.0.0 rom

Search This thread

witchcraftz

Oct 20, 2011
I've been using this rom for a month now, and I've noticed that it tends to get a bit laggier every day. At first it was blazing fast but now it's as slow as the original rom. I also suddenly started having a problem with my earpiece speaker crackling.

To fix this I've done the Pull-out-Battery reset. It's helped with speed but the earpiece is still crackling terribly.

To solve the earpiece issue I've turned my in-call volume down to very low and the crackling is a lot less worse.

I just wanted to post a review and a few small things that have been a bit buggy for me with this rom.

Overall I really like it and I can live with battery-resetting my phone every once in a while, but I'm disappointed in the speaker damage.

If they can fix whatever is damaging the speaker I'd say this is a great ROM.

Reactions: Prodigy

aR_ChRiS

Dec 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 5a
I've been using this rom for a month now, and I've noticed that it tends to get a bit laggier every day. At first it was blazing fast but now it's as slow as the original rom. I also suddenly started having a problem with my earpiece speaker crackling.

To fix this I've done the Pull-out-Battery reset. It's helped with speed but the earpiece is still crackling terribly.

To solve the earpiece issue I've turned my in-call volume down to very low and the crackling is a lot less worse.

I just wanted to post a review and a few small things that have been a bit buggy for me with this rom.

Overall I really like it and I can live with battery-resetting my phone every once in a while, but I'm disappointed in the speaker damage.

Did you use xLoud? Because that hurts the speakers pretty damn much.

witchcraftz

Oct 20, 2011
Though the Wolfbreak Rom does come with xloud, I have it disabled.

I have to wonder why it is still included in the rom though, I seem to understand it's fairly well documented to cause speaker issues so I would have thought it would be removed from all roms by now.

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
i hv v6 WB but it doesnt have xloud preinstalled.
u have to flash it if u want ...

pyromatic18

Nov 1, 2010
Melbourne
Mind you, even though WB can work wonders with any roms he produces its still based off a SE firmware which can never be truly faster than anything AOSP.

At least in my experience.

Meraklis56

Dec 1, 2010
Though the Wolfbreak Rom does come with xloud, I have it disabled.

I have to wonder why it is still included in the rom though, I seem to understand it's fairly well documented to cause speaker issues so I would have thought it would be removed from all roms by now.

because its an option,thats why.Because its fairly well documented to cause speaker issues, wolf made it available to use ;)

I have it enabled,but i rarely use it.Only in ringtones,notifications

Just want to say i've been using Wolfs Rom (V7b6) for unlocked bootloader (Doomlord Kernel v06) for little over a month now and i've never had any issues. I flashed several things like xLoud + Bravia; battery mod from kitchen; different fonts; different lockscreens ...etc. I hear some people do have issues though, mainly the loss of contacts when the phone shuts itself down (which i think is due to a locked bootloader-not sure). Maybe i'm blessed with a good device/battery :). I absolutely love this rom :D So big big THANK YOU 2 WOLF. Peace.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne

wow exact same issue here, earpiece crackling with xloud disabled on wolf. any fix?

Sent from my wannabe ICS X10

Last edited:

ShaTR

Nov 6, 2011
Using WB stock kernel and recently my unlock screen disappeared. It doesn't even give me the option to lock the phone by holding down the power button.

Anyone else notice this glitch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.