[Q] How do I Customise My MX Android TV Firmware (Zip.File)

Search This thread

gunshot69

Jul 9, 2013
Hi guys im a noob to the forums and to rom customisation in general so im hoping someone can help me.

I have a generic MX dual core, and have been supplied a flash firmware and image from the supplier. This image is basic and does not contain all of the repos that i want, nor the apps that I require.

The image supplied is a zipfile and contains:

factory_update_param.aml
hd18d_mx4.zip
recovery.img

I am able to successfully restore my box with this image (so I know that the image is working fine).

Within the hd18d_mx4.zip there is:

Directotories: data, META-INF, recovery, system
files: boot.img, bootloaded.img, logo.img

I can see the all the system APK files within the system/app folder. The problem is when i try to add another APK file into this directory within the archive (in this case videomix.apk), I am not able to restore the image to the MX device.

Can anyone help me with a noobies guide to do this. I have read that the apk file has to be signed, and the zip file has to be signed also?? But im not quite sure what this means, nor how I go about doing it.

Any help or tutorials will be much appreciate. I have downloaded the APK-multi-tool but dont have a clue what I need to do :(

Look forward to your replies.

P.S. Im using a windows 64 bit machine and not Linux (if that makes any difference).

mrbarbz

Sep 14, 2012
I'm facing the same thing, did you end up having luck with this?
If not is there anyone that can assist?