Having root issues has this happened to anyone?

Search This thread

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
I rooted my RAZR using doom lord method which works amazingly well. Attempted the ics leak and some how bricked my phone deleting a bootstrap file which sent me into boot loop. Downloaded the fast boot files and got back to 173. Got the ics leak installed and working and restored root with voodoo no problem. Everything worked fine until yesterday I updated to su elite and lost root access and restore in voodoo doorkeeper is causing force close and it says device isn't rooted. I tried restore through terminal emulator but access denied. How can I achieve root again running pics leak? Fast boot and start all over?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Why did you update the SU? I guess it was running well before?

I remember there's a root method working for ICS in the forums.

Edit: Maybe you can try this if you have GSM-Razr. I don't know if this will work on CDMA version.

Last edited:

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
Six axis controller wasn't requesting access so I though it was out dated. I tried the ics root method but it kept failing saying everything already exists....unless their is another method. I unrooted with doom unroot then tried the pics root but also failed

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Reactions: blueis300

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
I lost root access on ics 4.0.3 leak....how can i root again? Doomlords root don't seem to root the ics leak? Thanks for the prompt replies :) I'm going to try the method above when I get home :rolleyes:
Hope it wurks on vz RAZR maxx
I tried some pics root I found on RAZR forums and it installed everything but rootkeeper said it wasn't rooted and es file explorer couldn't gain access super user isn't requesting permission for any root appps

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
I lost root access on ics 4.0.3 leak....how can i root again? Doomlords root don't seem to root the ics leak? Thanks for the prompt replies :) I'm going to try the method above when I get home :rolleyes:
Hope it wurks on vz RAZR maxx
I tried some pics root I found on RAZR forums and it installed everything but rootkeeper said it wasn't rooted and es file explorer couldn't gain access super user isn't requesting permission for any root apps

Try the CASUAL by AdamOutler. It's here, somewhere in XDA.

Here it is:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586570

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
So just tried to update su binary and it says chrcking for busy box....not found and checking for current indstall path....failed also failed to find currently installed su binary

I've tried the casual but did not help I think when I indoor its not removing files from previous roor. Also RAZR bootstrap magically keeps installing itself

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
So just tried to update su binary and it says chrcking for busy box....not found and checking for current indstall path....failed also failed to find currently installed su binary

I've tried the casual but did not help I think when I indoor its not removing files from previous roor. Also RAZR bootstrap magically keeps installing itself

Flash your razr again. Wipe data/cache and factory reset then root it again.

Thanks

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
Tried reflashing fast boot files with red lite but battery died on last step and phone wont turn on to charge so now I gotta try to make a cable......

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
For me it worked to charge in fastboot mode just with normal cable, no factory cable. I just waited until it has been shown „battery ok“

Top Liked Posts