[ROM][2.3.2] I9000XWJV1 (GINGERBREAD) for Galaxy S

Search This thread

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Wtf Samsung. You people are forgetting the supposed better battery though.

Sent from my ever changing Galaxy S

Rixsta

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2010
Nottingham
This is the FIRST leak of GB from Samsung. You can't expect this to run like production quality, and lets face it, even Samsung's production quality isn't that great. You're crazy if you're expecting anything more.

Ill put my neck on the line an say 100% that the official release wont be much better......if Im wrong I will put my hands up and say I was wrong....hahaha....but Im not wrong :)

TubeShaped

Oct 24, 2010
Biel
samsung just sucks. i had a dream that my sgs is running a clean cyanogenmod just like the nexus s but samsung destroys it.

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
Funny funny...

I don't see the excitement...?
Gingerbread isn't that revolutionary...

My Nexus S isn't amazing... People who have one, know what I mean.

I don`t even have a Nexus and I believe you.
This is far from exciting, now when my phone can bring me a beer, then I`ll be excited

wurzelsepp3

Nov 2, 2009
This is the FIRST leak of GB from Samsung. You can't expect this to run like production quality, and lets face it, even Samsung's production quality isn't that great. You're crazy if you're expecting anything more.

Yeah you are right, maybe my expectations were to high after reading all the positive feedbacks.
But at least we can now be 100% sure that there will be official gingerbread for our device.

Darkyy

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2009
Winterthur
www.darkyrom.com
OK.. will grab what I can.. for some reason we are having trouble de odexin.. loads of errors, think the first release WONT be de odex`d

TrOjAn

Hi TrOjAn ;)

I already thought that when I heard that nitr8 is deodexing.
Does he have problems with the framework (services.jar)?
It was expected....

Darky this is exciting, it is running ultra uber smooth on my galaxy. Ultibread wilk try to brung he gingerness back what samsung has removed. But first ultimate v8.0 has to be released into the wild.

Okay webby, let's get those things rolling :rolleyes:

Man, I've other things to do... school is far more important than a halfbaked GB ROM.

For root i would say:

- flash 2.2 kernel with cwm
- boot into recovery
- mount system rw
- push su (+ busybox) to /system/xbin
- chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
- push superuser.apk to system/app
- flash 2.3 kernel

Or just make a small CWM ROM with root ;)

samsung just sucks. i had a dream that my sgs is running a clean cyanogenmod just like the nexus s but samsung destroys it.

Hehe you know Samsung, eh? ;)

airf0rce

Aug 31, 2010
I will go back to 2.2.1.
I can't understand why everybody thinks its fast.
For me 2.2.1 with SOK is way faster than this, but then again this is a beta, and definatly alot better then the early Froyo leaks back in september.

btw i get only 10.500 in linpack?! Can anyone confirm this?

They think its fast because clean ROM without any Apps is always fast, even ****ty old 2.2 leaks were fast with no apps installed. So honestly its kind of lame to judge speed right after flashing it... (also in b4 "BATTERY LIFE IS TERRIBLE/AMAZING AFTER 5 MINUTES OF USE LOLLOL")

Also nice to see Samsung working on GB, not going to try it just yet though... hopefully they re going to improve it further just like they did with 2.2 ROMs.

carols

Dec 30, 2010
iam using darkys 9.3 beta3 and the market is not letting me download anything

My20

Sep 5, 2010
codeworkx

please continue developing the CM7.

never return for stock, because is very poor

(can not be hostage of the samsu... which stops at the time)

Last edited:

powerdams

Oct 28, 2010
Paris
one minus-point is, that I dont get into recovery mode, there always comes this **** with forced-upload bla bla :D but DL-Mode works fine :)
And the email app got also bit updated :) Hopefully the real Gingerbread will be released next week or so :) would be amazing :D Go on Samsung

Recovery mode works for me now but the first time i tested it, i saw Forced-upload BlaBla too.

Fr4gg0r

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Haha wow Samsung really raped the aesthetic qualities of Gingerbread. Everything nice about 2.3 such as the screen off animation, ornage overscroll glow, gingerbread keyboard, are all removed. Shame

The orange overscroll glow suxxxxxxx
Samsung's implementation is much better.

AJerman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
Ill put my neck on the line an say 100% that the official release wont be much better......if Im wrong I will put my hands up and say I was wrong....hahaha....but Im not wrong :)

Haha, probably not much better, but it's always amusing when people flash ROMs that were never supposed to make it out of a lab and are upset by things not working or running slow. No one in particular, just the XDA forums in general. I know we all love the latest and greatest, and everyone wants Gingerbread, but some people get a little too excited. As soon as it's possible to release a stable Gingerbread ROM, it will happen. Until then you get to fight the issues if you want to flash it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajjter

Top Liked Posts