Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
Sir adam
I juz wanna knoe that is galaxy y's hardware incapable of having cm7 or cm9
Thanks in advance

Thatgrass

Jan 14, 2012
XDA-Developers
Okay, I installed Linux / ubuntu on my PC, what is the first thing I have to do?

Sent from the most bad ass phone ever! My Galaxy Nexus!

parthi14

Dec 21, 2011
pondicherry
HI sir need your help..

please take a look at this thred http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1312398

there is a problem in sony xperia phones that the phone does't show the battery level correctly . it will always shows 0% so currently there is a temporary fix by flashing custom kernel and by using fuel_gauge_fix app as mentioned in that thread.. this problem caused when users unlock bootloaders and flashing chinese version of GB 2.3.3 ROM ..

AS you know more thing about hardware and software of smartphones, i think you can help us by solving this issue.. more users are affected by this problems kindly help us..
AS the bootloader is unlocked sony cannot help us..
:(:( :fingers-crossed:

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
:crying:

Hi Adam I need your help I tried putting Jellybean on my SGH-t139 but I must have did sumthin wrong b/c there still is no touch screen!!?

What do I do?

------------------

Also, unboxing videos are almost always worthless. But that is because it is usually just some dude playing with a phone. It is great getting the guided tour inside the devices like you do. Just watched the Nexus 7 video.

I had dropped my Nook Color in water, and fritzed the wifi card and the device would crash no matter the rom or install (sdcard or emmc). I finally managed to wipe the network stats, which was what was crashing the device, even after factory reset and hard reset. I was seriously considering taking off the back cover and hooking up UART and my first step was looking into your posts on the process. But I fixed it right before I was going to take the plunge.

So, in other words, no news here. Just a thank you.

Oh, and I am setting up a bounty to fix the touch screen issues on my sgh-t139. I am starting it off with some gummy bears my kid dropped under the couch and my back library of racy informational pms from inportb.

Keep up the good work!

slanidracula

Jun 30, 2010
Adam, I'm looking forward to a segment on your work on the S3. I think it's an interesting story all the way back to that night on the irc channel when the funds for your tester S3 came magically from an anonymous donor. Keep up the good work sir.

Reactions: AdamOutler

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Adam, I'm looking forward to a segment on your work on the S3. I think it's an interesting story all the way back to that night on the irc channel when the funds for your tester S3 came magically from an anonymous donor. Keep up the good work sir.

I do videos every two weeks. So, this Wednesday is going to be Erica's video and next Wednesday will be mine on the GS3.

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
Adam, first of all I'm a big fan and never miss any video of yours.
Secondly, I wanted to ask with you could help on kernel developing. Blackstone (an original WM 6.1 device, upgraded on XDA to WM 6.5) as now an Android ROM on NAND. But the problems are that Wifi, 2G and 3G are not working. This is due to the fact that it is a NAND kernel. fagyi (the ROM creator) makes very good kernels for the SD card (running Handled Reverse Engeneering Tool, HAReT, in order to execute Android, if you had a Windows Mobile device you should know) and is problem is that he can't port the kernel to NAND or developing the NAND kernel itself. If there's anything you could do, I would be really aprecciated.
Thank you for reading,
mfsr98

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
^^ I'm not much of a kernel developer. Sorry.

Hey Adam how are you I just wanna ask you what it takes to be a developer,how much time does it need,is it hard??

Y U WANNA KNOW FROM WHERE SENT??
It takes no experience, only determination. All the information you need is on google, XDATV and StackOverflow.com. Personally, I program with an IDE and Google.

PantechBurstOwner

May 21, 2012
Detroit, MI
Hey Adam, i love watching your videos and i wanted to ask a question. Have you ever heard of the Pantech Burst? Probably not, but we have had a community on XDA with maybe 5 threads that are actually important about the phone. Our main thread has about 110 pages now, and we are also (according to pantech) very close to an ICS update which is very exciting news. Our newest thread is really about making a ROM for the phone, we have it rooted, with CWM and we are trying to make CM7 or CM9 or ANYTHING!! We currently keep getting stuck every few steps we take. I would love it if you could help us out or give us some pointers, we have been doing this for months now and have had no luck! Again if you could help that would be AWESOME, heres the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1818618 We currently are stuck on an error in page 10 and we can't seem to figure it out! Any help, even if it's just with that error would be awesome. I wouldn't even mind setting up a donation fund to send you a pantech burst so you could help us lol!

Thanks,
-Daniel

Edit:Also it is an ATT phone :)

Last edited:

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
he, i need some help with gettting logcats. my phone doesnt boot past kernel screen.
i was directed here, hoping you could help out!

AaronBronander

Sep 9, 2009
Arlington, TX
Adam, thanks for the videos. I know you are typically a developer but do you have any opinions on a possible Nexus 5" device, or should one just go straight to the Note II?

WildfireDEV

May 1, 2013
I would like if it us possible for you to make a video about source building. When I was learning about source building it took me months to learn by trying different techniques. I will 've better for new devs trying get into the community.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 4 beta

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I would like if it us possible for you to make a video about source building. When I was learning about source building it took me months to learn by trying different techniques. I will 've better for new devs trying get into the community.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 4 beta

I've been doing that. We make and build source all the time on XDATV.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I generally focus on hardware topics. Got any information about new hardware you'd like to hear about? Any interesting new devices? Tips, tricks or techniques?

Post here and I will look into it.
    ^^ I'm not much of a kernel developer. Sorry.

Hey Adam how are you I just wanna ask you what it takes to be a developer,how much time does it need,is it hard??

Y U WANNA KNOW FROM WHERE SENT??
    It takes no experience, only determination. All the information you need is on google, XDATV and StackOverflow.com. Personally, I program with an IDE and Google.

I do videos every two weeks. So, this Wednesday is going to be Erica's video and next Wednesday will be mine on the GS3.
    Sir, I saw your video "How to build an Android App Part 1". Towards the end of the video, you connect your phone to your PC and click on the play button, a dialogue box appears, where you click OK and the application then runs on your phone. But when I click the play button on Eclipse, it opens a new XML file called 'main.out'. Please help me!
    Thanks!

you may need to update the SDK. Try reinstalling Eclipse Classic as well.
    Hi Adam Sir,

I really liked your videos and i am totally noob to java but i followed your videos and made my first own app. I felt really happy and from that day i was searching for you to say thanks for helping us as it really made my day. I made one app for my GF where it had only one button and i changed the name of the button to "surprise" and when she clicked it the text msg came saying how much i love her and it made her day. She check that app everyday and gets very happy. Thank you so much for all this. I will be waiting fit your next video.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats!

I did something similar for my dad on fathers day. I sent him a tablet with a custom application on it wishing him a happy fathers day.