Will custom roms fix wifi disconnect issue ?

Search This thread

sniickers

Oct 31, 2013
Macon
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I have never had any WiFi issues with my note 3. I consistently get 55mbps+. I did have some WiFi calling issues when I was on 4.3 after messing with some xposed modules and using a custom ROM, which was known for WiFi issues. But I have my router set to 5ghz. I use the upper extension channel and 40mhz channel Width. I use a custom router software called ddwrt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmm.. that's bizarre. I have used 5Ghz for a long time and all my other devices (Nexus 5, Nexus 7, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S) works great with the 802.11n 5Ghz radio. No authentication error. My place is also "crowded" with all the neighbors' Wi-Fi, all 2.4 Ghz.

I will test it out, but I found 2.4Ghz is slower when say, streaming netflix. Slightly more buffering.

My note 2 would fly on 5ghz. This phone will not. A lot of people have issue. You should download WiFi analytics by netgear and see what channel is best for you and change it manually. Also firmware. Update it

TWEAKED N3
    OK post a shot then I will pm you. Need the routers info make model and so forth

TWEAKED N3

Thanks for the help I went back in and set my belkin n+ router to 802.11n and 20mhz and Ive gotten back to 25mbps rock stable.
    Sorry for the late reply, the new Tapatalk 4 interface is damn confusing (was using the old version)... I hate it.

Anyways, I moved to G and so far so good. We shall see!

Well the fact that you have been on it for more than a day without issue I say it a win. Any other issues could be something else.

TWEAKED N3