battery charging really slow

Search This thread

sdsubball23

Jan 12, 2012
Hi, my rezound has since last night been charging really really slowly. It usually chargea at a normAL pace for me which would be like going from 58% to 77% in 3 to 4 hours. But since last night its barely moving up and going down faster.

Does anyone what the problem is and if there's a solution?

I have my rezound on stock ics non-rooted.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hi, my rezound has since last night been charging really really slowly. It usually chargea at a normAL pace for me which would be like going from 58% to 77% in 3 to 4 hours. But since last night its barely moving up and going down faster.

First off, 58% to 77% in 3-4 hours is terrible... you should be able to fully charge from 15%-100% in 4 hours (or really close to 100%).

You could have one or more of a handful problems here...

1) Your charging source is putting out less than 1A (1000mA)
2) Your USB cable is bad
3) Your charging port is bad
4) You have an app that is seriously sucking the battery to the point it is draining at a higher rate than your charger can output
5) You have a defective batter

I would install GSAM or BetterBatteryStats for more info on the charging current (1000mA at the charger usually equates to 500ma-650ma at the battery) and any apps which are draining the battery quickly.

I would try another known good microUSB cable and charger, most from newer smartphones will work, you don't have to have an HTC charger (I use one from a Samsung, LG, Pantech, and Motorolas all the time, as long as they output 1000mA or higher)

Replace the battery, especially if you haven't done so in a long time... typically the battery should be replaced every 12-24 months, so if you have never done that you should.

If all that fails, then it is probably the USB port or the phone itself.

Reactions: sdsubball23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First off, 58% to 77% in 3-4 hours is terrible... you should be able to fully charge from 15%-100% in 4 hours (or really close to 100%).

You could have one or more of a handful problems here...

1) Your charging source is putting out less than 1A (1000mA)
    2) Your USB cable is bad
    3) Your charging port is bad
    4) You have an app that is seriously sucking the battery to the point it is draining at a higher rate than your charger can output
    5) You have a defective batter

I would install GSAM or BetterBatteryStats for more info on the charging current (1000mA at the charger usually equates to 500ma-650ma at the battery) and any apps which are draining the battery quickly.

I would try another known good microUSB cable and charger, most from newer smartphones will work, you don't have to have an HTC charger (I use one from a Samsung, LG, Pantech, and Motorolas all the time, as long as they output 1000mA or higher)

Replace the battery, especially if you haven't done so in a long time... typically the battery should be replaced every 12-24 months, so if you have never done that you should.

If all that fails, then it is probably the USB port or the phone itself.