[Q] S3 mobile data turning off automatically every day

Search This thread

chris.wilcox

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2007
www.ccwilcox.com
My wife's galaxy s3 on t-mobile seems to have the mobile data turn off every night at 10:30pm. We've searched for an app causing this and can't seem to find the source. We just recently restored the phone to factory settings, also. I have the same phone, but I'm running CM11 and I don't have this issue so it doesn't seem to be the tower. Any suggestions?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Have you tried flashing the firmware with Odin and then factory resetting after?

Also, after a factory reset, try avoiding signing in to your Google account. It may be automatically restoring some app or setting that could be causing this.

chris.wilcox

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2007
www.ccwilcox.com
Have you tried flashing the firmware with Odin and then factory resetting after?

Also, after a factory reset, try avoiding signing in to your Google account. It may be automatically restoring some app or setting that could be causing this.

I haven't flashed anything. It is actually a refurbished phone from insurance and it has Android 4.3 on it, which I thought was the latest from t-mobile. I'm pretty sure there isn't an app causing the issue, I've looked through the list of running apps and I don't see any app that would be causing this. It seems to happen very consistently at 10:30pm everyday. Its running stock touchwiz.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
What I meant was to try reflashing the firmware anyway. If its currently on the NC2 firmware, reflash that via Odin and then factory reset.
Especially since its refurbished, this will make sure they didn't make a mistake, or have something not work quite right when fixing the prior issues.

If after doing this, it still happens, try putting your own SIM in and see if it still happens. If it continues to disconnect after reflashing firmware and trying your SIM card, you may need to contact insurance and ask them to send one that actually works right as you have determined it is not the firmware or an account issue.