[ROM][2.3.5-AOSP] OMFGB 1.3.1-R2 For Hero [Unofficial Builds]

Search This thread

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
I suffered the weird bug of all apps suddenly jamming in landscape mode also.
was fine for weeks, then pop all apps are landscape. wipe the rotation setting in Amon_ra and its fine again, day or two later and it jams back again.
did a full wipe fresh format card (as with all flashes) so ie no idea why this happens... tried out a few other roms they are all fine, went back to R1 now and thats fine also.

That is definitely related to the problem I had. Originally I remember a program jamming when I installed this latest ROM version. Funny thing is, fully wiping everything didn't seem to help it very much. I still have issues with the latest sensor files.

hagbard2323

Jun 19, 2010
Am I right in thinking that this doesn't have anything more specific than the 3g notification icon due to it being adapted from the non-gsm version? I'm wavering between this and Cronos at the moment but it is nice to know when I'm on HSDPA as opposed to GPRS etc... Is there a way to include these?

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
haha, yea I was just thinking to myself that I should try this rom again, but I seem to recall some gps instability.

other than that this rom had zero issues on my phone and never had that apps compatibility problem bharat. It's such a strange phenomenon in that rom!

Last edited:

JieeHD

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 29, 2010
Glasgow
haha, yea I was just thinking to myself that I should try this rom again, but I seem to recall some gps instability.

other than that this rom had zero issues on my phone and never had that apps compatibility problem bharat. It's such a strange phenomenon in that rom!

Lol, you and your GPS complaints Don , so what if it leads you into a lake? :p

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Lol, you and your GPS complaints Don , so what if it leads you into a lake? :p

funny you should mention that LoL - waze only within the last couple of weeks has finally learned that I can drive over our newly built toll bridge and actually get to the other side of the river.

Previously it thought I could drive on the bridge but not get off the other side... and it was always surprised when I drove onto the mainland again and changed from 1 hour to 5 minutes remaining!

It's improved a lot now that it learned that the bridge is attached to the road at BOTH sides.

But swimming lessons and lakes - that is another thing entirely... I'll take a broken bridge over cold water any day!

Seriously though, I use my GPS almost every day for little errands. Commuting through several towns each day makes that little tool surprisingly useful.

There are a couple of roms with solid gps stability now though so I dont' think I'll get wet soon!

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde
I am trying to port the latest nightly from OMFGB from the Heroc to the Hero. But failing so far. Had a nice guide but lost that in a lightningstrike that destroyed my old pc...

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Try 2 looks better :p Hope atleast some HW works now...

Ok all HW works. but not the radio for calling XD so mobile network is a no go.. :p

Last edited:

JieeHD

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 29, 2010
Glasgow
I am trying to port the latest nightly from OMFGB from the Heroc to the Hero. But failing so far. Had a nice guide but lost that in a lightningstrike that destroyed my old pc...

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Try 2 looks better :p Hope atleast some HW works now...

Ok all HW works. but not the radio for calling XD so mobile network is a no go.. :p

Easy enough to fix, make sure telephony.gsm is in /system/etc/permissions and not .cdma

Also make sure that the build.prop has all the relevant info for GSM networks and not CDMA.

Sent from my HTC Runnymede using xda premium

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Easy enough to fix, make sure telephony.gsm is in /system/etc/permissions and not .cdma

Also make sure that the build.prop has all the relevant info for GSM networks and not CDMA.

sweet! you just can't leave us poor hero users to wither away, can ya? You're always around making sure we stay on track! :)

thanks man, I'm sure you're right and can't wait for lira to release the next version of this amazing rom :)

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde

Ok nice. Ill get to that then :D Thanks

E: Ok try lost count XD

Last edited:

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde
Ok I got some nice info that I need to get this working. so ill be on this for most part of the day :D

I will create a new topic when I get a working on. XD

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde
Just an update on my status. Yesterday I had an Inet dropout when I was syncing the Repo for some tools and stuff :p well this morning started again and now got the kernel working XD Finally... :p

Now on to the rest. Got some awesome help so it will be done hopefully tonight :D Got something stupid in the afternoon so can't work on it then :(

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Just an update on my status. Yesterday I had an Inet dropout when I was syncing the Repo for some tools and stuff :p well this morning started again and now got the kernel working XD Finally... :p

Now on to the rest. Got some awesome help so it will be done hopefully tonight :D Got something stupid in the afternoon so can't work on it then :(

wow lira, you're really dedicated. Keep up the great work... I predict a strong future career in hacking or development for you, or both... :)

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde
wow lira, you're really dedicated. Keep up the great work... I predict a strong future career in hacking or development for you, or both... :)

lol well I got sick overday. So I love the pot atm..

Well I got the kernel in it and all that crap. well this time it did not even get to the start of a logcat when booting so I am going the other way now. More bad then bad.. XD

And me development, Hell no... XD

Last edited:
Reactions: gkillerx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

This ROM features unofficial builds of OMFGB (and perhaps stable releases of OMGB if I have time) this will be updated every weekend based on the latest nightlies from the T3hh4xx0r source.

device.png
    device1.png

device2.png
    device4.png

Features:

Extend stock launcher dock
    Configurable Power Widgets (CM)
    3 choices of Lockscreen mods - Standard Tab, Rotary, and Honeycomb concept
    Reboot menu including recovery and bootloader options (CM)
    Lockscreen shortcuts for Phone and Messaging apps
    Change carrier caption
    3 choices in battery types, stock or percentages or MIUI
    Volume wake and menu unlock (CM)
    Configurable overscroll effect (CM)
    Screen off and on animations (CM)
    Volume button music controls (CM)
    Lockscreen music controls
    Configurable launcher screen settings
    Workspace looping in launcher
    Scrollable widgets support in launcher
    Landscape mode available in launcher
    DSP Manager (CM)
    God Mode Settings app to control all this craziness
    Tmobile Theme Chooser (Tmobile)
    Addons app for customizing your OMFGB build even more

HeroC Thread

Thanks to:

r2DoesInc
    T3hh4xx0r

Current Release - 1.3.1-R2:

OMFGB 1.3.1-R2

Changelog:

1.3.1-R2

-ROM rebuilt from 25/08 nightly build
    -All updates from T3hh4xx0r source
    -Optimized ROM a little
    -Reverted to T3hh4xx0r boot anim (faster boot time)
    -Improved sound latency and quality
    -God mode updates
    -Trying out an old version of fly-kernel (Pulsers) - butter smooth so far
    -Zeam launcher as default, stock launcher giving me issues atm

APN Fix (For R2)

- APNFix

1.3.1-r1-B2

-ROM rebuilt from 17/08 nightly build
    -Code cleanups
    -build.prop changes
    -Optimized apk's (again)

1.3.1-r1

-Updated GPS and WiFi libraries
    -Kernel switched to LasVenturas 0.5
    -Reverted back to old market
    -Optimized apk's
    -build.prop performance and general tweaks
    -Added zipalign, sdcard speed and RAM optimization scripts
    -Fixed device name in settings
    Has anyone managed to create the transparency patch for this rom? As using ZDuneX25s patcher, not the quick UOT workaround :) I've never managed to create it for any rom :eek:

Here you are:
    Here is a small flashable zip that will make your OMFGB_Hero-1.3.1-r1-B2 Statusbar transparent. Also, if you apply any theme using the T-Mobile theme chooser that supports transparent statusbars, this will enable that as well.

IMP: This works with the default launcher and ADW launcher. Does not work with Launcher Pro. In fact, I never gave a second thought to ADW before this and well surprise, I found it much more faster and stable than Launcher Pro.

If using ADW launcher, remember to uncheck General Behavior>System Preferences>Wallpaper hack. The path might differ in some versions of ADW. The point is to find and uncheck the Wallpaper Hack thing.

Remember this will work on the stated version of the ROM only.

Link to the Transparency Patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/936mgj7w7800wjd/TransPatch_OMFGB_Hero-1.3.1-r1-B2.zip

Link to the Restore Patch. Use this to restore your original SystemUI.apk
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/p5oogn37hkyxb39/Restore_OMFGB_Hero-1.3.1-r1-B2.zip
    I believe OMGB is pure gingerbread whereas OMFGB nightlies is a custom gingerbread.

Could OMGB still be made available for some of us who prefer the pure non-modified gingerbread?

Sure

Sent from my HeroC using XDA Premium App
    1.3.1 IS UP!

Check changelog in ROM, I also added SD-EXT support :)

Never noticed that, starting work now :)