[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991 (FD05 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Search This thread

scoobdubois

Mar 21, 2012
Melbourne
Camera works with me guys ...it is fine ..I think you need to reboot it again ...clear all the cache first clean your phone then reboot for the new release ..

kobridge

Jan 10, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What's your previous rom?
If you flashed from modified rom something like Calk's tweaked rom, and kept data then it could happen. Only the way would be uninstalling the camera app and reinstall it (STOCK camera app is recommended). If you unzip tar file, you will find the camera.apk. Save the file into sdcard and uninstall existing one. Aftr that intall the camera apk or place it to the original place where it supposed to go. It would be system/app folder. Permission 644 and reboot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
For those of us who got bit by the data.img issue a while back, became gun shy, and hence flushed all odin information from our databanks. IF we are completely stock on current OTA whatever GB version it is, can we use this one click and be up and kosher with FD05 with no fear?
The data partition corruption issue was NOT caused by ODIN or ODIN OneClick. It was caused by wiping or restoring using an ICS-based custom recovery (it doesn't necessarily corrupt in a deterministic manner). Often people followed a wipe or restore which went wrong (data partition corruption) with an ODIN flash to go back to stock and found it hung on data.img. This is because the previous operation in custom recovery caused the corruption in the /data partition. From that point of corruption, any operation you do on the data partition using any tool, cwm, stock recovery, odin, odin oneclick, mobile odin, JTAG, etc. would all fail or hang so in your case ODIN was just the messenger.

Reactions: DataHawg

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I was testing out FD02 and didn't like the GPS performance and was just about to downgrade to FC18 then this shows up.... So i'll try, thanks.

Last edited:

arehm

Apr 17, 2011
The data partition corruption issue was NOT caused by ODIN or ODIN OneClick. It was caused by wiping or restoring using an ICS-based custom recovery (it doesn't necessarily corrupt in a deterministic manner). Often people followed a wipe or restore which went wrong (data partition corruption) with an ODIN flash to go back to stock and found it hung on data.img. This is because the previous operation in custom recovery caused the corruption in the /data partition. From that point of corruption, any operation you do on the data partition using any tool, cwm, stock recovery, odin, odin oneclick, mobile odin, JTAG, etc. would all fail or hang so in your case ODIN was just the messenger.

Right, guess I should have stated I understood that. To rephrase: For those of us gunshy and completely stock now, will this one click work for us where we stand now? I do appreciate everyone's help here.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
screen goes black and wont wake up, anyone having that issue.....
Are you saying it boots, then it does that, or it doesn't boot?

If the latter and you are coming from a deodex'd ROM you should use the Full flash as this is stock and therefore odex'd.

Last edited:

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Right, guess I should have stated I understood that. To rephrase: For those of us gunshy and completely stock now, will this one click work for us where we stand now? I do appreciate everyone's help here.
During testing, with so many leaks, I have flashed ICS over GB using the OneClick's I put together about 60 times now w/o issues. Anytime you flash you take a risk, but IMO it is pretty low with the OneClick's unless you pull the cable or have a power outage, and even then you can often recover.

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
Hate to be that guy, but can anyone that has flashed this tell me if the "Contacts app" is opening and functioning normal. And if the groups are syncing. I'm away from my computer now so I can't flash, but am anxious to know. I doubt it is fixed.

On FD02 and lower, the contacts app with force close or will hang and become unresponsive. Groups also don't sync properly.

I should say, anyone with >1000 contacts that has flashed FD05.

Reactions: latinmaxima

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Hate to be that guy, but can anyone that has flashed this tell me if the "Contacts app" is opening and functioning normal. And if the groups are syncing. I'm away from my computer now so I can't flash, but am anxious to know. I doubt it is fixed.

On FD02 and lower, the contacts app with force close or will hang and become unresponsive. Groups also don't sync properly.

I should say, anyone with >1000 contacts that has flashed FD05.

How are you restoring your contacts? Titanium or logging into your Google Acct?

Sometimes when I restore contacts from older releases to ICS releases using Titanium I get inconsistent behavior with Contacts like you describe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Denys Vlasenko/chris41g for busybox, ChainsDD for su, Steady Hawkin/Calkulin for FD02+CWM-Rogue(repack),
    qbking77 for video, id10terror for Odin 1-click suggestions, mavd5831, RainMotorSports, True_Darknight for mirror(s)

You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK FD05 Modem/Kernel/ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of FD05) on top of this w/o issues.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

This is equivalent to using the Auto Root Package on a stock ROM. In fact, if you used that package to UNROOT (Option B) this ROM then it would become 100% stock. After flashing this all functions of that package will be functional.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data. The NoData version is only suggested if you are upgrading or remaining at the same version.

attachment.php

Instructions - Video by qbking77 [ODIN One-Click / Install CWM]

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
    This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
    To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the FD05 full restore One-Click self-extractor
    SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (RESET user data)
    [MD5: 6b6d51772dc916903eae8f2b06ba1745 / Size: 303,845,379]

SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (PRESERVE user data - do NOT use if downgrading versions)
    [MD5: b719ff2c236128807a04069e3f116ff2 / Size: 302,851,234]

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
    double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
    Navigate to C:\Odin-OC
    Full: Double-click on SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED-OneClick.exe
    NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
    Power down phone
    Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
    Simultaneously [b]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/b] until confirmation screen appears
    Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
    adb reboot download
    Code:
    Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
    ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
    Note #1: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
    Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
    When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
    Phone will automatically reboot
    Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option D in the Auto Root Package to install FD02+CWM-Rogue (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary)

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
    Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
    - If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    - If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
    menu->applications->all->market->clear data
    - If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset in ICS using the ODIN OneClick Factory Reset tool. Do NOT perform factory resets using stock recovery or privacy->reset, at least until you read about the EMMC superbrick/lockup bug and understand what the trigger points are and what you are exposing yourself to.
    Happy Easter!
    Reference Section
    A) Resources
    a1) tar.md5 versions of One-Click (for regular ODIN):
    SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 89274e8acef5e93edf7eebb366d26937 / Size: 303,608,426]
    SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED_NODATA-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: ffb5c06509ee3fcd2464823a6f15d006 / Size: 302,596,918]

B) (Individual) STOCK FD05 ODIN/CWM Components
    b0) Odin3 v1.85 (windows)
    - these are ODIN tar.md5 files bundled in a 7-zip self-extractor
    - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following
    - Windows - Double-click on the self-extractor and choose your ODIN directory
    - Mac/Linux - Use 7-zip to extract
    b1) [ODIN] FD05 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 803a3d2c13aa099cd7beef4a480680a5 / Size: 4,095,277]
    b2) [ODIN] FD05 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: a4f26925dff7116d1555aa5db79b613e / Size: 6,074,584]
    b3) [ODIN] FD05 ROM [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 2e4178438374e8b45adb460bfb836d27 / Size: 283,789,281]
    b4) [ODIN] FD05 ROM + root [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: da4dc93f9a226efdc791fbd1082f32ee / Size: 285,091,293]
    b5) [CWM] FD05 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 360c3899949ed20854e4885d574cd6d6 / Size: 5,133,500]
    b6) [CWM] FD05 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 8359a77a0908ec62760393b2a2c38f41 / Size: 6,033,158]

C) FAQ
    c1) Windows tells me "Unrecognized device (code 42)" and ODIN OC doesn't see my phone
    c2) What happened to USB Storage in ICS, how do I get the old GB behavior back?
    c3) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?
    Mirror 2 for the One Click's the Kernel Modem and Regular Rom are up.
    Hm. I feel like this have been covered... unable to change my lock screen wallpaper...
    Worked this morning, set it to something stupid, and now, no matter how I approach the changing of it (stock launcher, nova, through quickpic, etc), it locks up, goes black for about 6 seconds, then errors out to homescreen... (also bg wallpaper stopped scrolling)
    (sorry, PITA to search the threads on tapa)
    Suggestions?

Sent from my calculator watch.

Make sure force gpu rendering isn't on

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium