[Q][i9001] What about B2G (Boot2Gecko)?

Search This thread

xci

Jan 1, 2012
Hamburg
I know Android is all great and stuff. But what about Boot to Gecko?

Seen it on the S2 few days ago and i somehow like it.

Does anyone know detailed information about its development state in general, meaning how useful it is right now?

Do you think its easy to be ported to our phone?

This isn't ment to be a "request" or anything. It's just pure curiosity from my side.
B2G just looks very interesting to me.

ragebunny

Jul 5, 2011
I know Android is all great and stuff. But what about Boot to Gecko?

Seen it on the S2 few days ago and i somehow like it.

Does anyone know detailed information about its development state in general, meaning how useful it is right now?

Do you think its easy to be ported to our phone?

This isn't ment to be a "request" or anything. It's just pure curiosity from my side.
B2G just looks very interesting to me.

I'm not sure which devices can run B2G and i haven't done it myself yet but Androidcentral just did a nice little walk through on installing it on the Samsung Nexus S. The B2G project have instructions for some other devices as well i'm told.

Anyways i hope this helps you. It does look like an interesting project and i wouldn't mind running it myself but I'm a little worried to do it on my main phone (Galaxy Nexus). Wish i had a spare.

Right, because i don't use these forums much i haven't had ten posts and i can't post outside links, so if you head over to the androidcentral forum you'll be able to find the post, its right at the top as a featured article at the moment.

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
I'm not sure which devices can run B2G and i haven't done it myself yet but Androidcentral just did a nice little walk through on installing it on the Samsung Nexus S. The B2G project have instructions for some other devices as well i'm told.

Anyways i hope this helps you. It does look like an interesting project and i wouldn't mind running it myself but I'm a little worried to do it on my main phone (Galaxy Nexus). Wish i had a spare.

Right, because i don't use these forums much i haven't had ten posts and i can't post outside links, so if you head over to the androidcentral forum you'll be able to find the post, its right at the top as a featured article at the moment.

did anyone tried to port it to the i9001 sofar ? (B2G Firefox OS)