Upgrading SD Cards

Search This thread

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
So I just got a 32GB sd card to replace my 16GB one. My 6 year old iPod doesn't hold a charge and the headphone jack doesn't work anymore. So my thought was now use my phone as my iPod (good bye Apple):p.

I was surprised at how easy it was to put the new one in. Plug it into the computer along with your phone and copy all of the app data (and pictures, etc. you want) onto the new one. Unmount the one in the phone, and put the new one in.

Not only do I now have double the space, but my phone is much snappier. I used the same class and brand, so I figure it must be the way the app data was written to the new one. Instead of apps randomly installing files while downloading/saving on your phone, I think the one way ticket across platforms put them in nice and neat.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my assumption off the mark?

AliceBToklas

Dec 24, 2009
Can't say I've noticed any speed increase, but it's a good path to take for your music. I had to go all the way to a 64GB card (yes, they do work) to hold all mine - and the various ROMs I tend to hold onto.

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010
I'll let ya know when I get my 32gb I ordered the other day from 1saleaday

Sent from my DINC2

phillibl

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
My 32GB class10 should be coming today. I had some gift cards to my University's tech shop and I needed to use them before I graduate

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010
I am using my 32 from them. It's pretty sweet. On boot, takes a little longer, but worth it

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed that if you have alot of apps installed to the sd card boot time is longer than if they are stored internally. Could that be the issue?

Sent from my DINC2

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
I install most of my apps to phone. It really don't horrible, just like I said, only during boot. Once initial boot I'd complete, there's no lag

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
I just got a dinc2 and I'm planning to root, ROM, and hotrod the phone.
I have a new c10 16GB card for it and I'm wondering about the optimal setup. Any tips?
Special format?
Special partitions?

I'm coming from an OG Droid, so card usage was important. I know the dinc2 won't have nearly the issues the OG has, but I thought I'd ask...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I am not doing anything special with my card except for storage and the phone runs great. I've just got it O.C.'d with the V6 supercharger script. Maybe someone else cam chime in who has played with partitions and whatnot.

Sent from my Skyraided Droid.

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010
Nothing special here either. I just recently got my 32gb sd card and that was only because I needed more storage. Music and rom backups were filling up my card. Performance wise it runs great with nothing special done with the card.

Sent from my DINC2

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks, guys.
Any file system favored over another for card formatting?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just got a 32GB sd card to replace my 16GB one. My 6 year old iPod doesn't hold a charge and the headphone jack doesn't work anymore. So my thought was now use my phone as my iPod (good bye Apple):p.

I was surprised at how easy it was to put the new one in. Plug it into the computer along with your phone and copy all of the app data (and pictures, etc. you want) onto the new one. Unmount the one in the phone, and put the new one in.

Not only do I now have double the space, but my phone is much snappier. I used the same class and brand, so I figure it must be the way the app data was written to the new one. Instead of apps randomly installing files while downloading/saving on your phone, I think the one way ticket across platforms put them in nice and neat.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my assumption off the mark?