Forget Jellybean OTA update...its all about CM10!

Search This thread

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
I care, I rather have the ability to use my s-pen and currently cm9 rooms don't let u.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: CXENTE

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
Its all speculation that the current devices running CM9 will see CM10.

We will know for sure once JB source drops.

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
I care, I rather have the ability to use my s-pen and currently cm9 rooms don't let u.

wait what? my s-pen works or am I on a different room? using Flapjaxxx 0.6A

im probably not understanding all this AOKP CM9 naming :(

Last edited:

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
I really think they could make it happen. Kinda like going from cm6 to cm7...it was a very small and fast update.

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
Thus is coming from the head at cm read before you speak.

The Boss beating on mickey mouse displays.

Lol.

I read the actual post on Cyanogen's G+ page, not this summary.

He even said himself that devices running CM9 "should" be inline for CM10. Should as in not being a sure thing. Not being a sure thing as in source for Jelly Bean needs to be analyzed to actually confirm.

Not to mention Project Butter needs to be merged with the build.

Since we don’t have source, we obviously can’t give a 100% analysis. What we do anticipate refactoring is Trebuchet and the LockScreen enhancements, along with the Theme Engine.

In addition, we expect to have to hand merge (versus a more automated method) the updated Framework code. This isn’t because of massive changes, but from what we’ve heard, the Framework code has been split into multiple projects to better the PDK (Platform Development Kit). Should be doable in a weekend’s amount of time.

https://plus.google.com/117962666888533781522/posts/PNJutPNhixo

Last edited:

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky

I was worried about this too, and you're wrong.

I'm sure he means S-Pen specific apps.

Basically from what I can tell you give up SPen specific apps, like you say, anything built against the Samsung SPen SDK.

That said, Papyrus works JUST LIKE it did before. Pressure, side button, ignore fingers, etc... I have it set so side button is erase, fingers are ignored, and I can draw away, click the button to erase, my fingers won't accidentally draw, etc.

So while there might be an SPen App market that's growing a bit, the SPen's functions can be well supported without it.

Reactions: schrochem

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
He's probably talking about the back, home, menu, and screenshot functions of the pen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
He's probably talking about the back, home, menu, and screenshot functions of the pen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

We have a menu button a back, home button and just press
vol down and power for screen shot....

case solved
hello CM10 :good::laugh::highfive::fingers-crossed: haha

CXENTE

Oct 1, 2011
HOUSTON
I actually want the stock jellybean .. with all the Widgets and Google now? App.. then CM10 :D

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
That said, Papyrus works JUST LIKE it did before. Pressure, side button, ignore fingers, etc... I have it set so side button is erase, fingers are ignored, and I can draw away, click the button to erase, my fingers won't accidentally draw, etc.

Thanks, I like those settings...

I like basic AOSP. I suppose if they get CM10 out then a dev can back it out to AOSP like Flapjaxxx did with CM9? At least that's how I think he did it.

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Thanks, I like those settings...

I like basic AOSP. I suppose if they get CM10 out then a dev can back it out to AOSP like Flapjaxxx did with CM9? At least that's how I think he did it.

I believe all he did is take out the trebuchet launcher along with theme Chooser...and some other components that comes stock on cm9. Hence, why he called it AOSP/cm9 mashup.

sent from my sexyGnexy with jellybeans

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what is this "CM" of which you speak ?
    country music ?.....LOL

I was worried about this too, and you're wrong.

I'm sure he means S-Pen specific apps.

Basically from what I can tell you give up SPen specific apps, like you say, anything built against the Samsung SPen SDK.

So while there might be an SPen App market that's growing a bit, the SPen's functions can be well supported without it.