[INFO] Possible battery drain fix on many Custom ROMs

Search This thread

homie3250

Sep 30, 2010
Battery stats

Generally this happens because we dont wipe battery stats each time we flash the ROM.
I have some different experience.

Every time i flash any ROM, i wipe cache, dalvik, data. Apart from these 3, the imp thing is to wipe battery stats every time one flashes the ROM. Battery stats may set according to karnel and work differently according to ROM.

Hence i would suggest that its important to wipe Battery stats every time you flash the ROM. It would be preferable if this all is done from 4EXT.

Good luck guys. :good: Have a nice day..:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, after i tested almost every single ROM in the development section, there was a time that the battery behaved quite abnormal.
    First when the phone was charging, many times it "jumped" from around 70% to 100%. While discharging with only WiFi open, it often drop from around 30% to 10-15% and then up again.

I tampered with the Governor setting, but it didn't improve much. But I did found something that somehow fixed the issue and improved the battery life quite a lot and also fixed the "jumps" while charging and discharging.

1. Backup whatever you need (SMS, Call Log, Bookmarks) from your favorite backup program
    2. Download the Stock Rom Official RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1 , thanx to nitr00
    3. Reboot in Recovery (CWM, 4EXT, whatever you use) and do a Factory Reset, Wipe Cache & Dalvik and Wipe Battery Stats
    4. Flash the Official ROM you downloaded, reboot your phone and complete the Initial Setup.
    5. Again, reboot in Recovery and do a Factory Reset, Wipe Cache & Dalvik
    6. Flash your favorite ROM (clean install) and restore your program, settings and backups
    7. All done :highfive:

I know that it's somehow strange method but it worked on my phone running IceColdSandwich v8.8 and on a friend's (had the same issues mentioned above) with PACman v16.1. I had no more "jumps" and the battery life improved significantly.

Since this is my first thread, i'd like to thank the fine community here in XDA for their work and efforts :) I really hope that the above advice help also other people.
    I have tried this method but the results are random. On sense roms it has no effect but on cm/aokp/pa it works for a few cycles but after playing a game for about an hour the phone will charge in your pocket

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app