[Q] Creating a CWM flashable zip

Search This thread
Can anybody point me out how to create a CWM flashable zip? i did find a lot of topics, but i've noticed that any ZIP package has to be phone specific, at least a glimpse on the updater-script showed me partition names which i am very unfamiliar with.

The simplest method gives you a zip file where all you have to do is put system.img, boot.img and recovery.img on it, and a very basic script (i think):

Code:
ui_print("Starting ...");
ui_print(" ");
ui_print("Boot Partition Writing ...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");
ui_print("System Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p15");
ui_print("Recovery Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p13");
ui_print("Pass");
ui_print("Wipe data & Cache & Dalvik and reboot system ");

however, the code above, i found it on the GT-i9001 threads, so i dont want to risk anything...especially with the partition blocks.

the point of this thread is to convert our odin packages to cwm flshable zips, though the reason behind it is trying to flash a 4.2 rom from a identical device as ours, in fact, it is the same device, for more info check this thread

Nov 12, 2012
Cairo
i think it's already exist now

Can anybody point me out how to create a CWM flashable zip? i did find a lot of topics, but i've noticed that any ZIP package has to be phone specific, at least a glimpse on the updater-script showed me partition names which i am very unfamiliar with.

The simplest method gives you a zip file where all you have to do is put system.img, boot.img and recovery.img on it, and a very basic script (i think):

Code:
ui_print("Starting ...");
ui_print(" ");
ui_print("Boot Partition Writing ...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");
ui_print("System Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p15");
ui_print("Recovery Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p13");
ui_print("Pass");
ui_print("Wipe data & Cache & Dalvik and reboot system ");

however, the code above, i found it on the GT-i9001 threads, so i dont want to risk anything...especially with the partition blocks.

the point of this thread is to convert our odin packages to cwm flshable zips, though the reason behind it is trying to flash a 4.2 rom from a identical device as ours, in fact, it is the same device, for more info check this thread

The below can be used fro CWM. I didn't try it yet, but it was posted in tools and utilities section.

Attachments

• philz_touch_6.43.8-delos3geur.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 44