stuck rebooting!

Search This thread

clifton56

Feb 13, 2011
Denver
I'm kind of a noob with this but my Verizon GS3 is doing a boot loop and I have no idea how to fix it! Please help!

scsa20

Apr 7, 2011
Mars
www.scsa20.com
First off, are you able to throw ADB commands to the phone? (a lot of the time when I get stuck in a boot loop I can still throw ADB commands at it), if so, throw adb reboot recovery to reboot into the recovery.

If you can't, remove the battery to turn it off, pop the battery back in, then hold Volume Up, Home, and Power to boot into the recovery.

Once in the recovery do a full wipe.

If you are flashing a ROM it's always suggested to do a full wipe before flashing the ROM.

If wiping doesn't work then restore for a previous backup (I hope you did a backup before you did whatever you did since you weren't being detailed in what you were doing at the time).

Reactions: clifton56

clifton56

Feb 13, 2011
Denver
First off, are you able to throw ADB commands to the phone? (a lot of the time when I get stuck in a boot loop I can still throw ADB commands at it), if so, throw adb reboot recovery to reboot into the recovery.

If you can't, remove the battery to turn it off, pop the battery back in, then hold Volume Up, Home, and Power to boot into the recovery.

If you are flashing a ROM it's always suggested to do a full wipe before flashing the ROM.

If wiping doesn't work then restore for a previous backup (I hope you did a backup before you did whatever you did since you weren't being detailed in what you were doing at the time).

Thanks for responding! All I was doing was backing it up through ROM Manager and after the backup it went into the boot loop. When I hold the power, home, and volume down button it goes into download mode so I can't even get into the recovery. Have you heard of this before?

scsa20

Apr 7, 2011
Mars
www.scsa20.com
Try doing Volume Down, Home, and Power instead (one does download and one recovery, I can't remember which since I do everything through adb and very rarely have to do it manually).

Reactions: clifton56

clifton56

Feb 13, 2011
Denver
Try doing Volume Down, Home, and Power instead (one does download and one recovery, I can't remember which since I do everything through adb and very rarely have to do it manually).

Well the good news is I can get into recovery. The bad news is every time I try and restore it goes back into the same boot loop for a few cycles then goes back into Clockworkmod recovery. I feel like I'm getting close here...

clifton56

Feb 13, 2011
Denver

When I do reboot system now it says "error processing ROM Manager script. Please verify that you are performing the backup, restore, or ROM installation from ROM Manager v4.4.0.0 or higher."

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
Why not just flash a new rom to get rid of the boot loop? Or Odin back to stock n root all over again?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ocariee

Aug 13, 2012
Hong Kong
try re-install the rom

I just faced the same problem on my SGS2. Hold Volume Up + Home button + Power button to recovery mode (I guess SGS3 is the same as SGS2), then re-install the rom. If it is still not working, you may have to try another rom. To incase this problem happening, I always put two old rom and a new rom in my internal sd card, it's a lot safer, but they will use about 1GB in your phone.

jprovan1

May 26, 2010
Denver
Download a new ROM then flash it. Should fix your problem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

And get back to work Clifton. Hahahaha

alt230

Feb 10, 2013
stuck on boot after ez recovery rom install

Download a new ROM then flash it. Should fix your problem

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

And get back to work Clifton. Hahahaha

I have the same problem only I can't go anywhere from the boot screen (android logo). No combination of buttons or battery removal chnges it. My PC won't see the usb connection. I could pull the sd card and write to it if that would do anything.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Why not just flash a new rom to get rid of the boot loop? Or Odin back to stock n root all over again?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The damned phone is bricked how are you going to flash another rom or wipe data? I don't think its totally bricked but it will only show the dwonload screen, buttons and usb ports do not work at all so far.
New data: after leaving the battery out for ahwil I was able to get back to the odin entry screen. I pushed the volume up and went back to where I was... this is progress. Now sure where to go from here.

Fumbling worked! Hitting the down volume worked. I am back in the previous rom. I still would like to flask 4.2.2! Please advise and comment. Thanks!

Last edited:

alt230

Feb 10, 2013

On the galaxy s3 it's down volume, power and home, then down volume to get out of the odin emulator screen. BTW captcha for a site like this reminds of the sysops of 5 line bbs' out of their mother's basements that had elaborate member approval vetting. Self importance to the disease level.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.