problem in the navigation bar (touch the bottom of the screen)

Search This thread

Iago-Cobain

Nov 25, 2012
Brasilia (DF)
Hey guys ,I'm facing a nasty problem, the touch of my phone (nexus 4), not working, not whole screen, but the part of the navigation bar, even in recovery mode. Until yesterday I was reading a book, touch the bottom of the screen worked fine, but ... well, I'm on Nexus 5 experience (Stock Kernel), I try to go back to stock and lock the bootloader, I fear that I shall take shall be authorized and it is very annoying to me. anyone had or has knowledge of this problem? I know how to solve?

(Translated in google translator, any word or phrase is wrong his fault)

Reactions: ImperatorShade

ImperatorShade

Dec 15, 2012
Bangalore
Hey guys ,I'm facing a nasty problem, the touch of my phone (nexus 4), not working, not whole screen, but the part of the navigation bar, even in recovery mode. Until yesterday I was reading a book, touch the bottom of the screen worked fine, but ... well, I'm on Nexus 5 experience (Stock Kernel), I try to go back to stock and lock the bootloader, I fear that I shall take shall be authorized and it is very annoying to me. anyone had or has knowledge of this problem? I know how to solve?

You're experiencing the same problem too? I just saw your reply on my thread with the same topic.... I wonder what's wrong

Iago-Cobain

Nov 25, 2012
Brasilia (DF)
You're experiencing the same problem too? I just saw your reply on my thread with the same topic.... I wonder what's wrong

the bottom of the screen responsiveness has no ... i will install the stock before, and it sucks to not let anything drop or an hour it stopped responding and restarted, that the bottom of the screen, which includes the navigation bar does not respond, that even in recovery mode.

Iago-Cobain

Nov 25, 2012
Brasilia (DF)

the bottom of the screen responsiveness has no ... i will install the stock before, and it sucks to not let anything drop or an hour it stopped responding and restarted, that the bottom of the screen, which includes the navigation bar does not respond, that even in recovery mode.

Video of the screen... > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j90y4agAYA&feature=youtu.be

Iago-Cobain

Nov 25, 2012
Brasilia (DF)
Just saw the video, I have the exact same problem, but in the center of the screen... You could download pie controls and use it for the time being.

did try installing other roms ...

Oh man, I think I'll restore everything, lock the bootloader and take the tour, I think it ridiculous, the problem is in the phone hardware, factory, so it's their problem, what do I install or not install on my phone not change at all ... I'll try some roms to see if the problem changes ... Good luck with your problem too :\

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
OK, here's a little story that just happened:
I enabled dt2w today. So I've been playing around for a while, browsing, watching videos and stuff. When in the play store I used the swipe gesture to open the menu and was surprised nothing happened. I tried several times, it just wouldn't work. Back on the home screen (info: I've set it so the screen rotates in all angles and the navbar is always on the bottom) I was in landscape mode and was surprised again because the navbar would not react. So I rotated to portrait and it worked.
So I launched the phone tester app and used the multi touch test to check my whole screen and found that to the left and right side there was a blind spot from top to bottom about 0,5cm in width.
When thinking what could have possibly caused this I disabled dt2w, locked the screen, unlocked it and used the multi touch teat again. Alas, the blank spots were gone!

I'm not sure if this is helpful for you though as you use the stock kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, here's a little story that just happened:
    I enabled dt2w today. So I've been playing around for a while, browsing, watching videos and stuff. When in the play store I used the swipe gesture to open the menu and was surprised nothing happened. I tried several times, it just wouldn't work. Back on the home screen (info: I've set it so the screen rotates in all angles and the navbar is always on the bottom) I was in landscape mode and was surprised again because the navbar would not react. So I rotated to portrait and it worked.
    So I launched the phone tester app and used the multi touch test to check my whole screen and found that to the left and right side there was a blind spot from top to bottom about 0,5cm in width.
    When thinking what could have possibly caused this I disabled dt2w, locked the screen, unlocked it and used the multi touch teat again. Alas, the blank spots were gone!

I'm not sure if this is helpful for you though as you use the stock kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app