error [240] File open.....Please help

Search This thread

J273

Apr 18, 2005
Im trying to upgrade my jammin with the latest dopod rom ..Ive got hold of the romupdateutility.exe which bypasses the vendor id but now when i run the .exe it comes up with the error

'ERROR [240] File open'

As anyone got any ideas as to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

rp1790

Feb 17, 2006
You most likely need to copy the nk.nbf file into the same directory as the romupdateutility.exe file.

louiemail

Jul 29, 2007
I am having the same problem with my new mda IV compact i have tried to load the rom in every different way but still the same message comes up, i am trying to change radio settings to the 06 version. i have done the spl load but can't do a flash rom. any ideas please

Loki559

Nov 20, 2008
I have the same problem i have installed HardSPL :confused:
But when i try to run the roms KaiserCustomRUU this error pops up
is there a certain program i should be using to run it? or did i save it wrong?

gclawson

May 9, 2008
Make sure the phone is in active sync mode. My diamond i had this problem then realized that i had it in disk drive mode. switched it back and i was fine.:)

ryaske

Apr 8, 2007
Long Island, NY
hey.. problem solved for me.

Click that "View README" button right next to the llast button you click before you get the error.

Where is that file located on your computer? For me it didnt load, but it said "could not find file at c:\windows\system32\readme.doc".

I took the cue, and moved my *.nbh file into the system32 folder. Voila! It was weird because I was running the ruu.exe file from the desktop (on a vista PC). I guess for some reason it was looking in system32??

So give the above a try. Might work for ya

shevster13

Oct 9, 2009
Hi,

I am havıng the same prob.
I have trıed everythıng already lısıted ın here to no provail. The weırd thıng ıs that I have already used thıs rom.

I downloaded ıt and flashed my devıce but was havıng problems wıth hard resets occurıng randomly.
I read up on the rom (Dark vısıon) and ıt warned of thıs and suggested ınstallıng a dıfferent rom then tryıng agaın.
I ınstalled the recomend rom but when ı went to try and ınstal dark vısıon agaın...

amanyasin

Jun 6, 2010
I also have the same problem, i tested all previous ways but nothing. Can you help me, thanks, My phone is not "company unlock" , i dont know whether it is due to locked phone.

jawidd

May 21, 2007
I can't even find the NBH file. Virus software is disabled - anyone come across this one?