Unlocked, Updated, Locked again? Look here!

Search This thread

retropug

Nov 29, 2010
Newbie Question

Well I think I got it right...I went into Titanium Backup Pro and went to the backup restore tab and found SDM 1.0 which I figure is the "SDM.apk" you were talking about and did a freeze and now it shows highlighted in blue. Did a reboot and double checked it and looks like it held.

If that is all I need to do then that is a nice and easy fix.

I do really appreciate the help!

Scott

Thank you!

So even though I hit "postpone" if I freeze it at this point I should be good?

universexda

Dec 30, 2012
Check Google Play store for an app called Online Nandroid. You can use to make a nandroid backup without having to use recovery mode. You need root status to use Online Nandroid and you'll need to install an app like SuperSu to grant Online Nandroid root privileges. (You may also need BusyBox for various root tools that Online Nandroid uses, but start with the other 2 first.)

You can use an app called Nandroid Browser to help manage the backups made by Online Nandroid beyond what Online Nandroid itself offers.

Rockin bare screen from my Verizon GN2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys. Did you get locked and have a message to talk to Verizon now?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107738
    So if we purchase a device that is already on the latest update, is there already a safe procedure to flash the unlocked bootloader?
    It seems verified that we have the ability to go from unlocked to locked to unlocked, but I just wanted to verify if we already have the ability to go from locked on the latest update to unlocked.
    Sometimes Adam's directions seem almost too simple to be true, lol.

Yes. There should be no way to keep a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 from reverting back to the Baseline we set for the exploit. Even a new one. You flash our baseline, then perform the exploit.
    if rooted and running cleanrom, do we need to worry about ota.

No

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Has anyone tried adb restoring back to pre-ota or tried using rom manager inside a rooted stock to flash cwr? Just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

no that wont work... however you can revert back to the original VRALJB build but you can not revert back to the VRALJB bootloader...the OTA blacklists the first bootloader so it will fail in odin everytime. This is why folks need to stop accepting ota updates, especially on a device with a hacked bootloader.
    this fix does not seem to work on stock galaxy which was updated to the latest ota.

I warned folks. Maybe its a case of misunderstanding but if not...can't say I didn't warn everyone. I even told Kellex @ droid-life so that people could be made aware of possible ramifications.