AdAway isn't blocking ads

Search This thread

techmatlock

Apr 6, 2012
I update the hosts file, reboot, and ads still show up on all the pages I visit. I'm using Chrome Beta.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

techmatlock

Apr 6, 2012
Have you tried blacklisting the url?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No, but that seems incredibly time-consuming to do that for each individual website.

Why not contact the dev of AdAway instead? :rolleyes:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

Yeah, I'm not sure why my eyes missed the developers email on adaway's home page. I'll report the issue.

Yeah more and more apps are finding ways around adblockers. Mainly now that google has stated that adblockers are breaking their developers TOS so they are giving developers ways around them.

I'm just talking about website ads.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
No, but that seems incredibly time-consuming to do that for each individual website.

Yeah, I'm not sure why my eyes missed the developers email on adaway's home page. I'll report the issue.

I'm just talking about website ads.

yes but it is still ads in a mobile app. That is why Google removed ad blockers from the site.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Do ads still appear in apps and other browsers? And are you using WiFi or Mobile data? Adaway works fine over WiFi for me in Dolphin but for some reason it stopped working on mobile data when I flashed a 4.2.2 ROM on my N4.

ImSteevin

Apr 12, 2012
Oklahoma
I update the hosts file, reboot, and ads still show up on all the pages I visit. I'm using Chrome Beta.

You may have figured this out ages ago, but for anyone who finds this by searching like I did, check to see if you have the Bandwidth Management option checked or not, if you do it sends the requests through google so there is no way for adaway to work. Leave it unchecked and it should be fine.

clokworc

Nov 20, 2013
I have a Nexus 7 tablet and Adaway is not working for me as well -.-

The hosts-file is filled with the entries made by Adaway, even after a reboot, but somehow my system just ignores it?

You may have figured this out ages ago, but for anyone who finds this by searching like I did, check to see if you have the Bandwidth Management option checked or not, if you do it sends the requests through google so there is no way for adaway to work. Leave it unchecked and it should be fine.

Forgot to check how old this thread is, but the problem and fix is right here thanks to steevin. In Chrome beta disable the settings in bandwidth management. You can keep preload pages, but not the setting below that loads pages through Google. Which bypasses where the ads come from. You can either uncheck the setting, or block Google. The choice is obvious.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro

u saved my day!!! , landed here in this thread just like you did :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.