THAT Kitkat Audio Bug - Hissing/Crackling.

Search This thread

marektupa

Jan 19, 2010
Prag
Could you please write LG and describe them our problem? How long is it going to take? One or two weeks? Because I listen to music everyday, so if it won´t be quick, I need to downgrade.

westz

Jan 15, 2011
Alkmaar
This bug bothers me right now. If there's anything I can do to help, contact me.

Phone: D802 International (NL)
Android: 4.4.2
Baseband version: M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190084
Kernel version: 3.4.0
Build number: KOT49I.D80220b
Software version: D80220b-EUR-XX

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've sent a tweet to LG UK regarding the issue. I don't expect an answer but they need to be aware of this bug.

ytuqa2ez.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marektupa

Jan 19, 2010
Prag
It looks good but I will probably downgrade anyway and watch this threat. Once the update is out, I will try KK again. For me it brings nothing revolutionary anyway.

metalurgus

May 25, 2012
Stock earphones

I can confirm the noise on the stock earphones too
It's almost unnoticable on stock, but when I use my favourite Koss Porta Pro, I hear it loud and clear

coburn_c

Sep 12, 2008
Fort Wayne
It's dead quite on pause for me, and there's no noise I can detect. I'm using headphones with controls tho and I wonder if it's a three conductor/four conductor jack issue.

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
maybe we also can Spamm their twitter regarding this issue xD

Feel free to notify them too but please done spam them as such as it will not be productive. They have a link to this thread and have promise to pass it on. If you are in another country except UK please feel free to contact the LG Twitter for your region as i have only contacted LG UK about this. If just one region gets a fix we can take the files and apply it to any and all roms.

iall5tar

Apr 1, 2011
WinCity
Feel free to notify them too but please done spam them as such as it will not be productive. They have a link to this thread and have promise to pass it on. If you are in another country except UK please feel free to contact the LG Twitter for your region as i have only contacted LG UK about this. If just one region gets a fix we can take the files and apply it to any and all roms.

i was Joking! =P

but already tweet it to LG_ES... lets see if i get an answer...

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
I dont know , hope they fix it fast , but lg never updates phone....

Why are people still saying this? Really? All the B, C, D, E, F updates is NEVER now?

Just report the bug if you have a problem, reporting a bug using firmware that isnt OTA/KDZ conntected to your phone or if you dont even have the bug is counter productive. Then LG will track it, fix it and push it.

For those that do have it, does it become louder with higher volume and can you hear it when music is playing also?

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
Completely stock. Issue very noticable since 4.4.2
I got expensive headphones, i can't use them anymore. It is very present.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As i am sure most of you are aware a lot of D802 users are now receiving kitkat updates. It doesn't seem to matter what version/country this bug is definitely present. Currently you will have to downgade to Jellybean if you can't live with it. I want to gather some info so here we go.

What is this bug.?

A crackling/hissing noise most noticeable in the left ear when using headphones. It isn't present until you actually play something.

How can i reproduce this bug?

Easy plug in some headphones and play some music. When music is playing the noise is most noticeable for me at LOWER volumes below the 50% mark. Easiest way to hear it is play the song even if it's just one second and then pause. For at least 5-10 seconds after pausing it the hissing will continue.

How can we fix it?

It is definitely a software not hardware issue as the noise was not present (or at least not as prominent) in Jellybean roms. I'm not holding my breath for a fix from LG at all so we need to all dig together. For a start if someone is still on Jellybean i would appreciate a copy of your build.prop and /system/etc just so i can have a compare of those between JB and KK. If it's more related to the audio libs then i'm out of my depth!

Update. It seems that the issue is a lot less common when using the LG Quadbeat headphones that came with the phone.

LG UK tweeted a reply to this issue stating that they will pass it on to their R+D department and they will look after us as customers.

Please try and tweet LG in your territory too but please don't spam them.
    Bruce have you any plans for development on this device? I remember using CM by you on my sensation xe I think it was...

Yes, i was the one that bought jb to the sensation.

I will be working on the g2, maybe a kernel, but i might look into optimizing the stock rom a bit too.

Ok so unplug your headphones. Click reboot on your device. When your device will reboot plug the headphones. Go to dial keypad. Look about what sound keypad keys like 2,5,0,#. Delete all what you typed. Type in dial 3845#*802#, it will show Hidden Menu.
    Click on ELT Test, switch to Manual Mode and click Test Start.
    With pluged headphones Click on Audio Loopback to mark it and than click Test Start. Say something or blow breathe to all of your microphones (1st on top right, 2nd on bottom left near jack and 3rd on your headphones). Stay on test more than 20 seconds with saying or blowing breathe.
    Click STOP, than do same with Audio loopback Mic1 Mic2 and Mic3 ( start test and blow breathe).
    After all loopback test leave service menu and play some music.
    Bull****.
    80220f here and sound is perfectly clear. Get your facts straight before ****talking

Are you serious? Calm down! If one thing is apparent, it is that this affects different phones differently, and that is depends on what headphones you use, and so on.

Never seen such rude behavior... I'm appalled..
    LG support in Sweden just informed me that the bug has a fix, it is being integrated into an update and should be released soon.. No specific date, though