IOTHiddenMenu (USB Settings, LTE Settings, Test Mode, Dialer codes, etc)

Search This thread

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
Ok.........so out of no where a few days ago, I started having problems where the interent on my phone would not work. WIFI worked, whenever I was in LTE areas it worked, but 3G was hit or miss. I noticed that the upload arrow would come on and off but the download arrow would do nothing. I would have to cycle the data connection off and on several times to get it to work. I called customer service and they refreshed my signal, did a profile update (had to do it 4 times before it worked), updated PRL, went through the handsfree activation, etc. I would get done, try to get on the internet, and all I would see is the up arrow slowly flashing on and off while the down arrow did nothing.

I switched the network mode to CDMA instead of LTE/CDMA and it is working flawlessly. What is going on? I stumbled on this thread and have messed with some of the settings but am still having the same problem. I believe the answer to my problem is in this thread. Any help?

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
as long as you always went back and set the original setting.. nothing should be messed up. if you changed other random settings.. it'll be all guess work from our end. but if every setting you messed with is back to its default setting.. there should be no issues.

update your profile over wifi. still nothing? in ##DATA#.. make sure LTE and eHRPD is enabled in the menus they are in. also be sure HDR/1X Selection is set to hybrid, i believe.

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
Thanks Prime. Just to make sure you understand, my phone was messing up before I started messing with the settings.

I updated profile over WIFI. So far it's working which is good. However I need to cut the data off and on some to see if my phone is truly cured.

I went into ##DATA# and I did not see all of settings you mentioned.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
It didn't work. Same problem as before. I'm back to CDMA mode only

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
Thanks again Prime. I did that and it worked until I turned my data off and then back on. So once again I'm back on CDMA only with no problem.

autoprime

Jun 23, 2010

datajosh

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
Thanks again Prime. I did that and it worked until I turned my data off and then back on. So once again I'm back on CDMA only with no problem.

Odd, I've been having the same problem that you are and can't figure out what caused it. I feel like I probably botched a setting somewhere even though I didn't think I did. I might go on my wife's phone and check all the menus and see what hers are set to because she hasn't had a single issue on her phone.

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
If you figure it out, let me know. I was in a 4g area today and my 3g worked after I left it and when I got home. I connected to my home wifi and it didn't work when I disconnected. I manually changed my PRL and that didn't work. I am using MA6 but am going to downgrade my radio later to see if that does anything.

callme...

Jan 13, 2013
just something to add...

if your on metro pcs you can access this same type of menu by typing in *#22745927 on the dialer. the service menu is 47*68#13580...sorry if i didnt put this in the right place there just isint one and metro will be gone soon anyway:eek:

Reactions: mmf01

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
as long as you always went back and set the original setting.. nothing should be messed up. if you changed other random settings.. it'll be all guess work from our end. but if every setting you messed with is back to its default setting.. there should be no issues.

update your profile over wifi. still nothing? in ##DATA#.. make sure LTE and eHRPD is enabled in the menus they are in. also be sure HDR/1X Selection is set to hybrid, i believe.

I found the settings. LTE is off and eHRPD is showing on in the view menu but off in the edit menu. It is on though because I'm on 3g. If I turn on LTE, it puts my phone in global mode under the HDR/1X. It seems to work better but I don't know if global is good or bad. When I set it to hybrid, it says CDMA on the network settings menu.

Prime, let me know if any of this helps or what you think. Right now it's working fine but I need to see what it does over time.

autoprime

Jun 23, 2010
I found the settings. LTE is off and eHRPD is showing on in the view menu but off in the edit menu. It is on though because I'm on 3g. If I turn on LTE, it puts my phone in global mode under the HDR/1X. It seems to work better but I don't know if global is good or bad. When I set it to hybrid, it says CDMA on the network settings menu.

Prime, let me know if any of this helps or what you think. Right now it's working fine but I need to see what it does over time.

ehrpd doesnt need to be on for your phone to get 3g. with ehrpd disabled youd just get regular EVDO rather than eHRPD.

you should probably wanna set that to ON in the edit menu(unless for some reason that makes things stop working correctly... but it should be on)

i havent used my gs3 in over a month.. i forget the exact 1x/hdr settings that were set on my device... but as long as its not on 1x or evdo only or something.. and everything works(which you say it does).. then id just leave global.

the only thing id try differently is setting ehrpd to on.

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
Wow. I turned it on, the 3g signal refreshed, and my internet immediately stopped working. OUTSTANDING. I set it back to off and it worked again. :banghead:

Last edited:

autoprime

Jun 23, 2010
Wow. I turned it on, the 3g signal refreshed, and my interpenetrating immediately stopped working. OUTSTANDING. I set it back to off and it worked again. :banghead:

so it only works with eHPRD set to off? Does LTE work even tho it's off?

get an app like "netmonitor" from the Play store... does it show your device as being on EVDO.. or eHRPD?

I'm wondering if there are eHPRD issues at a higher level.. backend/tower issue.

datajosh

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
If you figure it out, let me know. I was in a 4g area today and my 3g worked after I left it and when I got home. I connected to my home wifi and it didn't work when I disconnected. I manually changed my PRL and that didn't work. I am using MA6 but am going to downgrade my radio later to see if that does anything.

Did this only start after you went to MA6? I'm starting to wonder if there could be a problem with it (on some devices at least) since MB1 appears to be right around the corner already.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most noteworthy edits include LTE only mode, LTE/CDMA mode(no 3G) and NV BACKUP/RESTORE. Nice little all-in-one shortcut for most of the hidden menus on this device.

If there is another thread on this in the Sprint Galaxy S III forums I apologize. Just going to outline this menu which is found on stock Sprint GS3 Touchwiz roms.

Getting Started
    You can use Any Cut, Better Cut, Nova Launcher etc etc to make a shortcut to this menu.
    1. Better Cut > New ShortCut > No > All Activities > IOTHiddenMenu(first one listed).
    2. Any Cut > ?
    3. Nova Launcher > Long press on home screen > Shortcuts > Activities > Scroll to IOTHiddenMenu and click it to expand > Scroll down to the first IOTHiddenMenu in that list(under GPSCLRX)

Now we can open our new shortcut and you should see the following screen...
    6WZsZ.png

USBSetting Menu
    This menu switches the phone's USB mode when connected to a computer.

MTP (Media Transfer Protocol; device shows up as USB drive)
    MTP + ADB (default setting; should be self-explanatory)
    PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol; device shows up as camera)
    PTP + ADB (should be self-explanatory)
    RMNET + DM + MODEM (RMNet = USB virtual Ethernet framework; DM = Diagnostic Mode; Modem = self-explanatory)
    DM + MODEM + ADB (self-explanatory) (best setting when using QPST/QXDM/etc)

LTE Mode Menu
    I do not have LTE in my area yet. Could anyone detail what some of the options below do exactly? I'm sure one is for LTE only.
    TestMode Menu > CDMA > COMMON > NEXT PAGE > NEXT PAGE > PREF MODE SET may be the better alternative to this.

LTE Service Forced
    Enable LTE Mode
    Enable GLOBAL Mode
    Enable CDMA Mode
    (default)

TestMode Menu

1. UMTS
    UMTS > COMMON > NV REBUILD (NV REBUILD, NV BACKUP, NV RESTORE)
    Everything else under UMTS either doesn't work.. or isn't worth messing with.
    2. CDMA
    CDMA > COMMON > NEXT PAGE > NEXT PAGE > PREF MODE SET (CDMA/EVDO/LTE, GSM/WCDMA, LTE ONLY, CDMA/LTE, CDMA ONLY, EVDO ONLY)
    Everything else under CDMA either doesn't work.. or isn't worth messing with.
    3. LTE
    Nothing of interest.. just displays LTE debug status.
    4. SIM
    SIM > CHECK NV (Helps identify possible incorrect settings. Displays current PREF MODE. NV should be set under RTRE Config.)
    Not worth messing with anything else in here.
    5. run EFS SYNC()
    Doesn't do anything.

There are lots of other options in here to mess with but most are broken, not supported or just really not worth messing with. All the MSL settings for example... no matter what.. I can't seem to read/write a new MSL via Test Mode. CDMA > CONTROL > MSL Edit has broken my MSL. *Update* Fixed MSL. I also messed up my EFS playing with the wrong stuff. I was able to recover.. but BE CAREFUL!!

##DATA# Menu
    Same menu as hitting ##DATA# on dialer.

View
    1. Data Profile - view current data profile
    2. EVDO - view DDTM setting
    3. Advanced - view MEID, Vocoder, Slotted Index, ACCOLC etc
    4. USB Charging - view USB Charging setting
    5. eHRPD - view eHRPD setting
    6. PRL Write - Write new PRL with this option. PRL you are writing must be in root of storage and named test.prl
    7. NAM Block - ??? can anyone explain this?
    8. Others - view multimedia proxy values(Browser, MMSC, DSS)

Edit
    1. Data Profile - edit data profile
    2. EVDO - enable/disable DDTM
    3. Advanced - edit Vocoder, Slotted Index, ACCOLC etc
    4. USB Charging - enable/disable USB Charging
    5. eHRPD - enable/disable eHRPD
    6. Others
      1. Browser - edit browser gateway ip/port/secure port
      2. MMSC URL - edit MMS url
      3. DSS - edit DSS server
      4. Multimedia - edit RTSP and HTTPPD proxy settings
      5. RC Data -
      6. HDR/1X Selection - sets data mode... hybrid, cdma only, evdo only etc..
      7. Voice Privacy - enable/disable voice privacy (disabled by default)
      8. DTMF Set - set short/long DTMF
      9. Toggle NAI - enable/disable NAI (enabled by default)
      10. Korea Mode Set - don't mess with this
      11. LTE APN Settings - set LTE APN
      12. Dial Up Networking - enable/disable Dial Up Networking (off by default)

##MSL# Menu
    View - view current phone number/msid set.
    Edit - write new phone number/msid

##DEBUG# Menu
    Various data debug menus. Nothing new here.

##Phone Util# Menu
    UART pda/modem settings. This isn't really needed.

##RTN# Menu
    Nothing new here. Same as ##786# dialer code. View phone information for perform a full reset on your device. This wipes /data and /internal memory as well as wiping all OTA provision settings.

Dialer Codes
    Code:
    ##CLEAR# - Reset phone's network settings
    ##DSA# - DSSOption
    ##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS Data
    ##LOG# - SysDump
    ##RTN# - RTN Menu (View/Reset)
    ##SCRTN# - Force OTA reprovisioning
    ##TTY# - TTY Test Mode
    ##DEBUG# - Debug Menu - 777468 (1x Eng, 1x Eng Protocol, EVDO Eng RF, EVDO Eng Protocol, LTE Eng, Configuration, Bluetooth, Data Status, eHRPD Eng, Others)
    ##DATA# - Data Menu (View/Edit)
    *#06# - Display MSL
    *#22558463# - Total Call Time Reset
    *#232331# - Bluetooth RF Field Test
    *#1111# - Read FTA SW Version
    *#2222# - Read FTA HW Version
    *#0228# - Battery Status
    *#7284# - Phone Util
    It seems like my username has been erased
    How do I undo it
    To undo it I need to know it first how do I learn it

run your NV RESTORE... TestMode > UMTS > COMMON > NV REBUILD > NV RESTORE. Make sure you hit the RESTORE setting and not Rebuild/Backup. The last thing you want to do is create a backup of bad nv settings(such as nv settings all being set for Korea mode). After you hit RESTORE the phone should reboot within a few seconds... wait it out. Your phone should now be unprovisioned... so it should try to OTA and that's that. If for some reason the "sktelecom" settings are still set... try running NV RESTORE one more time. If it STILL isn't fixed after that.. let me know. There are a few things we can do. Last night I messed my NV and EFS up pretty bad(sorta on purpose lol) but I was able to recover from everything. Even Korea mode. :cool:
    For some reason, IOTHiddenMenu doesn't show up under Activities for me. I'm using Nova launcher. Any help?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    It doesn't for me either on MB1 at least. You can force it to open by using adb shell or Terminal Emulator on the phone itself and using this command:

Code:
    am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://IOTHIDDENMENU
    It seems like my username has been erased
    How do I undo it
    To undo it I need to know it first how do I learn it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

If you have your MSL, you can ##3282#, edit, enter MSL and manually input your username@sprintpcs.com...

Sent from my SPH-L710
    ATT: NAM BLOCK;

the Mobile Object Model (MOM) can be categorized as PRL and NAM, with the NAM blocks existing as several different types. For example, the MDN NAM block holds the directory number for calling the mobile. The CDMA NAM block holds parameters used when the mobile is operating in the PCS spectrum. The Dual Mode NAM block holds parameters used by a PCS or CDMA mobile while it is being used in the CDMA/analog spectrum. The IMSI_T block holds the true IMSI of the mobile station

hope this helps.

Most noteworthy edits include LTE only mode, LTE/CDMA mode(no 3G) and NV BACKUP/RESTORE. Nice little all-in-one shortcut for most of the hidden menus on this device.

If there is another thread on this in the Sprint Galaxy S III forums I apologize. Just going to outline this menu which is found on stock Sprint GS3 Touchwiz roms.

Getting Started
    You can use Any Cut, Better Cut, Nova Launcher etc etc to make a shortcut to this menu.
    1. Better Cut > New ShortCut > No > All Activities > IOTHiddenMenu(first one listed).
    2. Any Cut > ?
    3. Nova Launcher > Long press on home screen > Shortcuts > Activities > Scroll to IOTHiddenMenu and click it to expand > Scroll down to the first IOTHiddenMenu in that list(under GPSCLRX)

Now we can open our new shortcut and you should see the following screen...
    6WZsZ.png

USBSetting Menu
    This menu switches the phone's USB mode when connected to a computer.

MTP (Media Transfer Protocol; device shows up as USB drive)
    MTP + ADB (default setting; should be self-explanatory)
    PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol; device shows up as camera)
    PTP + ADB (should be self-explanatory)
    RMNET + DM + MODEM (RMNet = USB virtual Ethernet framework; DM = Diagnostic Mode; Modem = self-explanatory)
    DM + MODEM + ADB (self-explanatory) (best setting when using QPST/QXDM/etc)

LTE Mode Menu
    I do not have LTE in my area yet. Could anyone detail what some of the options below do exactly? I'm sure one is for LTE only.
    TestMode Menu > CDMA > COMMON > NEXT PAGE > NEXT PAGE > PREF MODE SET may be the better alternative to this.

LTE Service Forced
    Enable LTE Mode
    Enable GLOBAL Mode
    Enable CDMA Mode
    (default)

TestMode Menu

1. UMTS
    UMTS > COMMON > NV REBUILD (NV REBUILD, NV BACKUP, NV RESTORE)
    Everything else under UMTS either doesn't work.. or isn't worth messing with.
    2. CDMA
    CDMA > COMMON > NEXT PAGE > NEXT PAGE > PREF MODE SET (CDMA/EVDO/LTE, GSM/WCDMA, LTE ONLY, CDMA/LTE, CDMA ONLY, EVDO ONLY)
    Everything else under CDMA either doesn't work.. or isn't worth messing with.
    3. LTE
    Nothing of interest.. just displays LTE debug status.
    4. SIM
    SIM > CHECK NV (Helps identify possible incorrect settings. Displays current PREF MODE. NV should be set under RTRE Config.)
    Not worth messing with anything else in here.
    5. run EFS SYNC()
    Doesn't do anything.

There are lots of other options in here to mess with but most are broken, not supported or just really not worth messing with. All the MSL settings for example... no matter what.. I can't seem to read/write a new MSL via Test Mode. CDMA > CONTROL > MSL Edit has broken my MSL. *Update* Fixed MSL. I also messed up my EFS playing with the wrong stuff. I was able to recover.. but BE CAREFUL!!

##DATA# Menu
    Same menu as hitting ##DATA# on dialer.

View
    1. Data Profile - view current data profile
    2. EVDO - view DDTM setting
    3. Advanced - view MEID, Vocoder, Slotted Index, ACCOLC etc
    4. USB Charging - view USB Charging setting
    5. eHRPD - view eHRPD setting
    6. PRL Write - Write new PRL with this option. PRL you are writing must be in root of storage and named test.prl
    7. NAM Block - ??? can anyone explain this?
    8. Others - view multimedia proxy values(Browser, MMSC, DSS)

Edit
    1. Data Profile - edit data profile
    2. EVDO - enable/disable DDTM
    3. Advanced - edit Vocoder, Slotted Index, ACCOLC etc
    4. USB Charging - enable/disable USB Charging
    5. eHRPD - enable/disable eHRPD
    6. Others
      1. Browser - edit browser gateway ip/port/secure port
      2. MMSC URL - edit MMS url
      3. DSS - edit DSS server
      4. Multimedia - edit RTSP and HTTPPD proxy settings
      5. RC Data -
      6. HDR/1X Selection - sets data mode... hybrid, cdma only, evdo only etc..
      7. Voice Privacy - enable/disable voice privacy (disabled by default)
      8. DTMF Set - set short/long DTMF
      9. Toggle NAI - enable/disable NAI (enabled by default)
      10. Korea Mode Set - don't mess with this
      11. LTE APN Settings - set LTE APN
      12. Dial Up Networking - enable/disable Dial Up Networking (off by default)

##MSL# Menu
    View - view current phone number/msid set.
    Edit - write new phone number/msid

##DEBUG# Menu
    Various data debug menus. Nothing new here.

##Phone Util# Menu
    UART pda/modem settings. This isn't really needed.

##RTN# Menu
    Nothing new here. Same as ##786# dialer code. View phone information for perform a full reset on your device. This wipes /data and /internal memory as well as wiping all OTA provision settings.

Dialer Codes
    Code:
    ##CLEAR# - Reset phone's network settings
    ##DSA# - DSSOption
    ##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS Data
    ##LOG# - SysDump
    ##RTN# - RTN Menu (View/Reset)
    ##SCRTN# - Force OTA reprovisioning
    ##TTY# - TTY Test Mode
    ##DEBUG# - Debug Menu - 777468 (1x Eng, 1x Eng Protocol, EVDO Eng RF, EVDO Eng Protocol, LTE Eng, Configuration, Bluetooth, Data Status, eHRPD Eng, Others)
    ##DATA# - Data Menu (View/Edit)
    *#06# - Display MSL
    *#22558463# - Total Call Time Reset
    *#232331# - Bluetooth RF Field Test
    *#1111# - Read FTA SW Version
    *#2222# - Read FTA HW Version
    *#0228# - Battery Status
    *#7284# - Phone Util