Android 4.4 update rumor

Search This thread

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Link http://downloads.kanger.me/getdownl...xplusinter/pap44/pap_enrc2b-ota-eng.lloir.zip

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/519707/20131105/htc-onex-plus-android44-kitkat-aosp-rom.htm (spam ridden site, just use noscript while viewing)

it says 4.4, but I don't think its being hosted, who leaked the

interesting I can't find it on these forums. (side note the search feature is not working, "temporarily" )

4.4 otaleak? that's news to me......

but the rom download link is my 4.4 pure aosp....though i can't see the big fuss about it :/

Last edited:

atrako1973

Feb 17, 2010
dublin
This is non news to all of us ,we like HTC because of sense ,if I Iiked aosp rims I would have bought another brand phone

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
Yea he said we won't get 4.3 but no one knows if we also won't get 4.4 or would get it...someone from HTC (forgot again his name-.-) said they won't drop support of HTC one x..so they might skip 4.3 as it wouldn't necessary for us, so that we will maybe get 4.4... Just this last big update would be nice..

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Makes sense to do that. Sparing resources and go for direct 4.4 update. Will be good marketing that they care for former top models updating them even pass 18m. Yeah, they will spend money, but as they sold good amount of oneX + the all negativity about updating their devices - will make good impact on long term. We will see.

teonagode

Jun 9, 2012
Ajdovscina
I think 4.2.2 and Sense 5 was the last update we will ever see,and this was their answer on facebook when i asked them,like they will change their minds lol.
Tomislav, at this time, we don’t have plans for future updates for the One X after Android 4.2.2 & Sense 5. If that changes, we will let you know. Thanks for your question!

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I think 4.2.2 and Sense 5 was the last update we will ever see,and this was their answer on facebook when i asked them,like they will change their minds lol.

You really think they would ever answer such questions and then through facebook? One from htc already said they don't drop support...so we may get new big update...if not just system performance things or so...but this phone was sold often so they can't just drop support...also because nvidia still supports tegra 3

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
Guy's i'm going to put this post here, as most of you will see it.

I'am a HOX+ dev and not a HOX dev. can some of you PLEASE stop pm'ing me about bringing Pure-Aosp 4.4 to your device. you are ALL welcome to compile it, here is the github for it : https://github.com/Pure-Aosp/

or if you are lazy : repo init -u git://github.com/Pure-Aosp/android.git -b 4.4

you will need to add in the endeavoru device + kernel though. i will help any of you if you need it to compile, but please stop asking me to do it for you guys.

thanks

-Lloir

*edit: i have added the endeavoru to the pure-aosp git along with the kernel. and made SOME Initial changes to it.

Last edited:

SubhanRehman

Jan 4, 2013
Guy's i'm going to put this post here, as most of you will see it.

I'am a HOX+ dev and not a HOX dev. can some of you PLEASE stop pm'ing me about bringing Pure-Aosp 4.4 to your device. you are ALL welcome to compile it, here is the github for it :

or if you are lazy : repo init -u git://github.com/Pure-Aosp/android.git -b 4.4

you will need to add in the endeavoru device + kernel though. i will help any of you if you need it to compile, but please stop asking me to do it for you guys.

thanks

-Lloir

*edit: i have added the endeavoru to the pure-aosp git along with the kernel. and made SOME Initial changes to it.

I'm trying to compile my first ever rom and am trying to do it for the HTC One X using the AOSP links provided by yourself
However I am getting the following error when I try to build the rom:

Code:
frameworks/av/media/libnbaio/AudioStreamOutSink.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android::AudioStreamOutSink::getTimestamp(AudioTimestamp&)':
frameworks/av/media/libnbaio/AudioStreamOutSink.cpp:84:18: error: 'struct audio_stream_out' has no member named 'get_presentation_position'
frameworks/av/media/libnbaio/AudioStreamOutSink.cpp:89:23: error: 'struct audio_stream_out' has no member named 'get_presentation_position'
make: *** [/home/subhan/android_source/out/target/product/endeavoru/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libnbaio_intermediates/AudioStreamOutSink.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
I'm trying to compile my first ever rom and am trying to do it for the HTC One X using the AOSP links provided by yourself
However I am getting the following error when I try to build the rom:

Code:
frameworks/av/media/libnbaio/AudioStreamOutSink.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android::AudioStreamOutSink::getTimestamp(AudioTimestamp&)':
frameworks/av/media/libnbaio/AudioStreamOutSink.cpp:84:18: error: 'struct audio_stream_out' has no member named 'get_presentation_position'
frameworks/av/media/libnbaio/AudioStreamOutSink.cpp:89:23: error: 'struct audio_stream_out' has no member named 'get_presentation_position'
make: *** [/home/subhan/android_source/out/target/product/endeavoru/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libnbaio_intermediates/AudioStreamOutSink.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

re-repo sync, forgot to push the temp fix for it

just so you are aware, i disabled wifi in the device tree, just check the git log for it. IF you are using brunch it will end with an error (but still output a FULLY usable zip) i'll fix it when i can be bothered...

edit: just pushed ALL my changes i had done for the endeavoru earlier, when doing a one off build. so you might want to re-repo sync, if you are reading this after i put the above lines. sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: cutmylifein2

SubhanRehman

Jan 4, 2013
re-repo sync, forgot to push the temp fix for it

just so you are aware, i disabled wifi in the device tree, just check the git log for it. IF you are using brunch it will end with an error (but still output a FULLY usable zip) i'll fix it when i can be bothered...

edit: just pushed ALL my changes i had done for the endeavoru earlier, when doing a one off build. so you might want to re-repo sync, if you are reading this after i put the above lines. sorry

Thanks for the reply
How would I re-repo sync it?
Sorry but I'm new to all of this

SubhanRehman

Jan 4, 2013
Mine is still doing the brunch process :rolleyes:

Edit:
Just finished but with an error (probably the error which was expected)
Time to see how it does..........

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

My zip file gives an error of 'no file_contexts set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed' when trying to flash
I think this is due to the CWM (I googled the error) being incompatible with Android 4.4
Some people have reported this fixed in CWM 6.0.4.3 but this version is not available for the HTC One X yet

It seems that 4.4 contains two new functions:
* Set_metadata
* Set_metadata_recursive
which replace the previous functions:
* Set_perm
* Set_perm_recursive
This is why CWM and TWRP are giving errors during installation, they need to be modified first to support the new functions

Last edited:

pavik62

Apr 20, 2011
Volgograd
4pda.ru
Mine is still doing the brunch process :rolleyes:

Edit:
Just finished but with an error (probably the error which was expected)
Time to see how it does..........

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

My zip file gives an error of 'no file_contexts set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed' when trying to flash
I think this is due to the CWM (I googled the error) being incompatible with Android 4.4
Some people have reported this fixed in CWM 6.0.4.3 but this version is not available for the HTC One X yet

It seems that 4.4 contains two new functions:
* Set_metadata
* Set_metadata_recursive
which replace the previous functions:
* Set_perm
* Set_perm_recursive
This is why CWM and TWRP are giving errors during installation, they need to be modified first to support the new functions

Just want to give a chance set_perm instead set_metadata. In the meantime, just try to rename themselves
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/53559/

Top Liked Posts