[Q] Please Help, in trouble with LG Setup Wizard on LG Optimus 4X HD P880

Search This thread

piggythehippy

Sep 2, 2012
İstanbul
Hello there,

I'm using a rooted LG Optimus 4X HD - P880 with the stock firmware. Or should I say I was using :crying:

Well everything started when I decided to flash some good looking roms into my rooted LG, I needed to unlock my bootloader so I did. ( I was using Os V20D_00 as I remembered but definitely a version newer than V20A_00) Everything was fine my phone got restarted and obviously then the Setup Wizard started.

That's ok till now. But after that, whenever I try to setup my phone, cause there's no way LG would let me access settings or any possible menu without setting it up, and "Unfortunately, LG Setup Wizard crushes " everytime I tried.

I should say that I have had uninstalled lg's base home launcher before (but replacing it with another app), and couple of google apps like hangouts and google plus. I never touched to G play or anything but I guess home launcher might be a/the problem, only guessing though and even if so I don't have the solution that's why I'm here :laugh:

I tried hard reset
I tried to reinstall stock firmware from using kdz V20A_00 and V10F_00 both
I tried to redo all rooting and unlocking bootloader processes. Yeah they work but the problem is I'm not able to flash any custom roms or gapps also cause my PC sees my phone only when it's on S/W Upgrade mode.. That to with no access to internal memory somehow, I can see its connected to LG Mobile Support Tool though.

So I'm pretty troubled right now. I wasn't using any recovery also.. (yeah, very noob thing to do, as I am kinda noob) :(

Device is on warranty but since I bugged my bootloader and all, I can forget about it if it needs to go and get fixed I guess..

So I would like to know if there is any solution that any of you knowledgeable gentlemans and ladies out there know..

I would be really glad if anyone can help me out.. :fingers-crossed:

Thank you.

Last edited: