[Q] Stuck in CWM loop

Search This thread

thungrac221

Apr 24, 2012
Hi,
I have a Nook Tablet in version 1.4.1 reset it back to 1.4.0, root it, tried to put cm9 in it...messed up royally, format a whole bunch of things that I shouldn't.
Now it's stuck in CWM v5.5.0.4

Tried just about everything, but can't get out. can't access adb, not very familiar with it anyway...but downloaded sdk, jkd, etc...but can't see device...tried recovery image also...doesn't work.

Is there any method aside from adb method? Is there an SD method...think I messed up the partitions or whatever...

tried this method:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1555832
but doesn't work...
again can't see devices in adb...tried this & other methods...nothing..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1363652

please help...

I actually have 2 Nook Tablets...one for my kids & another I'll give to a nun friend...1 is correctly rooted & has cm9...can I image one & flash it on another? If so, how?

Thank you & God bless

Last edited:

thungrac221

Apr 24, 2012
Have you tried making a bootable CM7 or CWM microSD card?

I have a recovery.img...tried that didn't work
have boot.img tried that...CWM microSD
tried to flash SD_ROOT_NT16gbV4_6 onto microSD, but after that can't add anything else to it...the directions to partition microSD is somewhat confusing to me...don't quite know what to do or where to put boot file, etc...after I partitioned it...any advice is greatly appreciated...

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
"format a whole bunch of things that I shouldn't." BAD IDEA. Can you tell us what exactly you formatted?

Is always good to have adb working so you should troubleshoot it. In my FAQ there is a link for a how-to i made to install and use adb tool, run the runmefirst.bat from the package i provide is a must.

As an alternative (to non use of adb, etc tools) you can use Adam's total wipe (sdcard), which has been fixed by Adam to not affect serial ID's and MAC address from ROM partition.

~ Veronica

thungrac221

Apr 24, 2012
"format a whole bunch of things that I shouldn't." BAD IDEA. Can you tell us what exactly you formatted?

Is always good to have adb working so you should troubleshoot it. In my FAQ there is a link for a how-to i made to install and use adb tool, run the runmefirst.bat from the package i provide is a must.

As an alternative (to non use of adb, etc tools) you can use Adam's total wipe (sdcard), which has been fixed by Adam to not affect serial ID's and MAC address from ROM partition.

~ Veronica

I formatted....
bootdata, cache, data, emmc, rom, system, sd-ext....everything with the format in front of it...I did it...I know...not smart...

did the acclaim_update...doesn't work...CWM seems to be working...but just can't install acclaim_update or SD_ROOT_NT16gbV4_6...again can't access adb at all

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I formatted....
bootdata, cache, data, emmc, rom, system, sd-ext....everything with the format in front of it...I did it...I know...not smart...

did the acclaim_update...doesn't work...CWM seems to be working...but just can't install acclaim_update or SD_ROOT_NT16gbV4_6...again can't access adb at all

they won't work because you formatted most of your partitions, use Adam's total wipe as i said before or soshite unbrick method but for that one you need adb working.

~ Veronica

thungrac221

Apr 24, 2012
they won't work because you formatted most of your partitions, use Adam's total wipe as i said before or soshite unbrick method but for that one you need adb working.

~ Veronica

I don't have ubuntu, think I saw a link from you to create a virtual ubuntu? Please post that again...Thank you
nevermind...found the link...will try...thanks again

Last edited:

thungrac221

Apr 24, 2012
I don't have ubuntu, think I saw a link from you to create a virtual ubuntu? Please post that again...Thank you
nevermind...found the link...will try...thanks again

Well, I download the adam's image for windows, but in CWM cannot mount sd card...oddly, when I plug it into my computer, it sees the nook but cannot start adb...tried methods to recognize usb, but can't...
please advise....thank you

thungrac221

Apr 24, 2012
Go here, https://github.com/succulent/acclaim_recovery_sdcard

Make a new recovery card from the instruction. Forget your old recovery card.

Install these two,
flash-restore-stock.zip (use it to restore partition 1-6)
flash_stock_1.4.2.zip (use it to restore to stock 1.4.2)

Then install whatever rom you want after.

Thank you, thank you...used only this flash-restore-stock.zip & was able to find my way back... thanks a lot...my friend who is a nun will enjoy this when she goes to Ghana on her mission...she wanted this instead of carrying loads of spiritual books...thanks again... & God bless

AirplaneCrazy

Feb 23, 2012
SoCal
I second that succulent with your post I was able to find my way back after flash-restore-stock.zip. My issue was Nook kept on booting CWM. Now I have to figure out how to boot CWM via USB again to flash stock rom. For now it takes me up to B&N member setup page, but only shows error when I enter info

Last edited:

AirplaneCrazy

Feb 23, 2012
SoCal
Okay I wiped my internal emmc, so there is no OS. When I turn it on I get B&N stock setup menu. Than after account sign in it gives me error message with device info.

I can boot on SD CWM, but when I try to flash any zip it aborts and also I can't seem to find the right CWM SD that leaves me enough room to copy the OS.zip on the SD.

Top Liked Posts