IR Blaster is Awesome

Search This thread

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
When I got the phone, I assumed the IR Blaster was a gimmick and that I would hardly use it. Therefore it was not a selling point when buying the phone. Now I use it everyday. It is just so convenient to control my TV and be able to change channels while looking at the channel guide!

Sent from my Vipered M8

d1ez3

Mar 27, 2011
Orlando, Florida
I wish there was a way for it to open the app directly to the remote to turn tv on. there are about 4-5 button presses I need to do to get the tv powered on

ReyStunner

Apr 7, 2013
I dont know why but I cant get the app to work. It keeps saying that it cannot connect to the server. Ive seen other people mention this problem but I dont know if theres a fix for it yet.

Sucks because I would like to use the feature.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
The IR blaster on this device is much better than the LG or Samsung versions, IMO... And when it works apparently (sorry for the luck). It does upset me that you can't add it to the lock screen like Samsung though. With viper, and probably other ways as well, you can add the shortcut to the lockscreen, so that save a few clicks.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Paulb787

Mar 24, 2011
There is a universal remote app that is amazing. Its 10 dollars but is worth every penny. I have been at the bar and turned off tv's as a joke. No one would think a phone can do that

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
There is a universal remote app that is amazing. Its 10 dollars but is worth every penny. I have been at the bar and turned off tv's as a joke. No one would think a phone can do that

Doesn't the TV app already do this? You can setup different rooms.

Sent from my Vipered M8

MFD00M

Jan 25, 2011
Maybe I'm blind, but where is the guide button? Works great, but I can't figure out how to open up the guide on my AT&T U-Verse box.

Masa6GCS

Mar 31, 2012

What is it called exactly there are loads of apps titled simply ' universal remote'. Having an app like that that needs so little setup sounds pretty cool.

2k7gt

Jan 13, 2008
South Florida
I dont know why but I cant get the app to work. It keeps saying that it cannot connect to the server. Ive seen other people mention this problem but I dont know if theres a fix for it yet.

If you didn't sign up for an HTC account at start dot htc dot com then it will do that. Once I went through that, the TV app worked fine for me.

Can't put URL because I don't have enough posts.

Reactions: ReyStunner

ReyStunner

Apr 7, 2013
If you didn't sign up for an HTC account at start dot htc dot com then it will do that. Once I went through that, the TV app worked fine for me.

Thanks a lot. I'll try that later today.

EDIT: Works great!, thanks again

Last edited:

bobniborg

Apr 16, 2012
The IR blaster on this device is much better than the LG or Samsung versions, IMO... And when it works apparently (sorry for the luck). It does upset me that you can't add it to the lock screen like Samsung though. With viper, and probably other ways as well, you can add the shortcut to the lockscreen, so that save a few clicks.

You can set it as lock screen. I just did. Your doc at the bottom is the same as your lock screen so you have to change it to one of those.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
You can set it as lock screen. I just did. Your doc at the bottom is the same as your lock screen so you have to change it to one of those.

Yeah, I didn't think of that. It would be nice if we could set up as a widget. Be nice to double tap and there's the remote. Since its stock on other OEMs, I'm hopeful someone will make it happen on one of the great ROMs we have to choose from.

Paulb787

Mar 24, 2011
Here you go. Hands down the best it app ever.
***MOD EDIT*** URL removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Piracy

Good Afternoon.

The distribution of paid apps for "free" by any means is considered Piracy and is strictly prohibited on XDA.

If you are unsure whether or not the app you're linking others to or downloading is pirated material, try searching for it in the Playstore.

If it has a cost, then your "free download" is PIRATED ;)

Thank you and have a nice day.

-Neo

Last edited:
R

richii0207

Just an FYI, you can tap the add button on the top right in the TV app to set up any button from your controller. Don't think many people know that from reading this thread.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
Good Afternoon.

The distribution of paid apps for "free" by any means is considered Piracy and is strictly prohibited on XDA.

If you are unsure whether or not the app you're linking others to or downloading is pirated material, try searching for it in the Playstore.

If it has a cost, then your "free download" is PIRATED ;)

Thank you and have a nice day.

-Neo

Lol, what in the actual fuk?

Sent from my Vipered M8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nah I understand his confusion as I'd originally deleted the post to which my message was in reference to.
    All is fixed now.

I am sorry
    I wasn't aware of the IR blaster till I actually had the phone and now it's one of my favorite features.
    The project office I work in mounted LCD TVs up all over the building to display safety bulletins, project status, etc (you know, crap no one that actually works pays attention to). Now I can turn off 2 of those on my way to the bathroom. Good times.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk