[Q] Battery drain, cant find the cause!!

Search This thread

davartens

Apr 12, 2014
Gentleman, currently im having a big issue with my S3 Mini.
Some weeks ago, the battery started draining in a really short lapse of time. We are talking of aprox. 12 hourse of low usage (one phonecall, no sms, little whatsapp mesagging, some web sufring). By checking Betterbatterystats, i can confirm that almost 11 hours, the phone screen is off (or maybe 10 hours and a half).

I dont know what to do, i turned on airplane mode, and the problem persits. Changed rom 3 times (4.1.2 to 4.4, to 4.1.2 again), wiped data, cache, system, internal memory, etc..

Betterbatterystats screenshots are ATTACHED TO THE POST!!, to see if you cand find a wakelock, alarm, or something that can be interfering the battery life. (btw, i ruled out that theory since i changed rom and wiped everything so many times, but maybe there is something attached indefinetlely to the phone, really dont know).

The battery itself is the only reason in my mind right now, but the phone is only 9 months old (as well as the battery of course).
One thing that calls my attention, is that the charging time takes 2 hours max, maybe 1 hour and a half. Can the battery be damaged with so little lifetime?

Appreciate your help!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-02.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-13.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-20.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-32.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-36-42.png
    44 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-37-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-23-37-24.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 151
Some weeks ago, the battery started draining in a really short lapse of time. We are talking of aprox. 12 hourse of low usage (one phonecall, no sms, little whatsapp mesagging, some web sufring). By checking Betterbatterystats, i can confirm that almost 11 hours, the phone screen is off (or maybe 10 hours and a half).

I dont know what to do, i turned on airplane mode, and the problem persits. Changed rom 3 times (4.1.2 to 4.4, to 4.1.2 again), wiped data, cache, system, internal memory, etc..

Betterbatterystats screenshots are ATTACHED TO THE POST!!, to see if you cand find a wakelock, alarm, or something that can be interfering the battery life. (btw, i ruled out that theory since i changed rom and wiped everything so many times, but maybe there is something attached indefinetlely to the phone, really dont know).

The battery itself is the only reason in my mind right now, but the phone is only 9 months old (as well as the battery of course).
One thing that calls my attention, is that the charging time takes 2 hours max, maybe 1 hour and a half. Can the battery be damaged with so little lifetime?

Appreciate your help!!!

i can most certainly say that it's the battery, but don't run out buying a new one, yet. Wait 'till someone else confirms it :)
i had the same problem half a year ago (mine was also 8-9 months old back then). The phone started rebooting and many weird stuff happened :D I changed the battery and everything was ok. Now it's acting up again and i might change battery again.

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Appreciate your help!!!

Turn off wifi and reboot that helps sometimes :). On the first Screenshot was your wifi always on. On the last Screenshot was your Android OS on the first place. That was the 1GHz bug.

davartens

Apr 12, 2014
Don't have facebook app (only messenger), and without messenger app, the battery keeps draining.
I red on the internet that the 1ghz bug tends to appear on Cyanogenmod. Only had cyanogenmod 11 for some days, turned back again to the stock rom.
Could this bug affect my phone right now? How can i fix it?

If not, im really thinking of buying a new battery, but the risk of another problem affecting the battery usage from the phone keeps turning me back!

Thanks!!

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
Don't have facebook app (only messenger), and without messenger app, the battery keeps draining.
I red on the internet that the 1ghz bug tends to appear on Cyanogenmod. Only had cyanogenmod 11 for some days, turned back again to the stock rom.

If not, im really thinking of buying a new battery, but the risk of another problem affecting the battery usage from the phone keeps turning me back!

Thanks!!

if you didn't do a full wipe before moving back to stock maybe it could cause an issue

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare

Thanks!!

com.facebook.orca?

PhoenixWyllow

Dec 7, 2013
lunavisions.altervista.org
Have you tried 'telling' the battery how much capacity it has again? (Drain until it automatically shuts down due to flat battery, charge back to 100% while off, switch on, drain again, charge again and use as normal)
Many manufacturers recommend charging when you reach 15-20% during normal use.

Also, have a look at govenors/schedulers if you have a custom ROM installed. Maybe changing combo works better for you, or even changing combo and switching back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I have an issue with battery life as well
.I'm thinking of getting a bigger capacity battery like 2000mah.Can this damage my device?

It won't harm your device. Would you mind sharing from where you're getting a 2000mah battery and if it's the same size as the 1500mah one from Samsung?
I'm currently on a 1700mah battery for the Galaxy Ace II :D

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

umaga2012

Jul 15, 2012
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
It won't harm your device. Would you mind sharing from where you're getting a 2000mah battery and if it's the same size as the 1500mah one from Samsung?
I'm currently on a 1700mah battery for the Galaxy Ace II :D

Im from Kenya but the battery is available on Ebay. I saw 2450 mah batteries that come with a case so I guess they are bigger. Battery is a huge issue for me. I only get 4hrs maximum on 3g on my current battery and is so fruatrating.How long does the Ace 2 battery last?

Im from Kenya but the battery is available on Ebay. I saw 2450 mah batteries that come with a case so I guess they are bigger. Battery is a huge issue for me. I only get 4hrs maximum on 3g on my current battery and is so fruatrating.How long does the Ace 2 battery last?

About 10 hours with medium usage and 6 hours heavy usage.

Top Liked Posts