[Q] possible to port the 4.3 browser to 4.4.2 ?

Search This thread
Jun 7, 2014
After upgrading my HTC One from 3.4 to 4.4.2 I am missing flash support in the HTC browser. I know the workaround using Dolphin of FF, but I prefer the HTC browser.
My question is: Do you think it is possible to extract the 4.3 browser´s apk (and obex file?) and to install it on an HTC One running 4.4.2.
Is there a chance to get flash support back this way?
Thanks for your opinion,
Randolph

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
After upgrading my HTC One from 3.4 to 4.4.2 I am missing flash support in the HTC browser. I know the workaround using Dolphin of FF, but I prefer the HTC browser.
My question is: Do you think it is possible to extract the 4.3 browser´s apk (and obex file?) and to install it on an HTC One running 4.4.2.
Thanks for your opinion,
Randolph
not possible 4.3 app will not work in 4.4.2
If your problem is flash then install flash apk from internet then open browser settings tick on enable flash
See pic

from HTC One

Attachments

• 1402255716515.jpg
    1402255716515.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Randolph Carter
Jun 7, 2014
If your problem is flash then install flash apk from internet then open browser settings tick on enable flash ...

But this is exactly my problem! But after updating from 4.3 to 4.4.2 I can not find this checkbox to enable flash in the HTC browser on my HTC One M7... It is missing -
Do you think I have installed the wrong flash apk?

I installed the package recommended for Dolphin Browser but it is not recognized in htc browser - definitly no checkbox to enable flash...
Any chance to get this fixed? How did you get flash running - what .apk did you use??

Thanks in advance,
Randolph

By the way, the top-bar on your screenshot looks nice and interesting and different to mine: data rate, htc logo, power percentage - but no battery icon...

Last edited:

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Flash player version see pic
Border color all stuff after sense 6 update
Battery icon hide by sense 6 toolbox
HTC logo is just notifications of get started data rate sense 6 toolbox
from HTC One

Attachments

• 1402336926815.jpg
    1402336926815.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: Randolph Carter
Jun 7, 2014

Thank you for the hint! I finally found this version on Adobe website, I installed it, an the checkbox for enabling Flash reappeard...
BUT Flash is still not working in HTCs stock browser (I checked "Flash Settings App" and some websites :confused:

Is flash working on your HTC One? What site?

My HTC Oneis:
Android 4.4.2 Kernel-Version 3.4.10-gc35527f
HTC Sense 5.5
SW: 4.20.111.21 CL324876
HTC SDK API 5.69

Jun 7, 2014
Really too bad, that HTC stock browser displays the flash checkbox, but doesnot play flash ...
Flash will be around for some years and the kick it off portabel devices.
I presume, there seems to be no generic solution to bring back flash without switching to an other nrowser like Boat, Dolph or Forefox...

Anyway thanks for help & testing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your opinion,
    Randolph
    If your problem is flash then install flash apk from internet then open browser settings tick on enable flash
    See pic

from HTC One
    Border color all stuff after sense 6 update
    Battery icon hide by sense 6 toolbox
    HTC logo is just notifications of get started data rate sense 6 toolbox
    from HTC One