bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
what is the dramatical difference between 1.83 and 1.85

It doesn't say there is one

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

JohnMonsour

May 30, 2011
St. Louis
Its really not that involved. All you do is put a tar file in "phone" and a pit file in "Pit" and select run and let it do its thing. Modems get flashed in "PDA" section and that's basically it. There is more detail but that's a quick rundown. I am not the most tech saavy myself but you catch on quick. I have used it 50+ times. I will try to run down a more thorough description.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Modems i the phone section. Platform in the PDA section and no signed PIT file exists for the gs4.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

You cannot flash a PIT file on a locked bootloader...... So If you have one all it does is create the partition table. the gs4 has 17 partitions if I am not mistaken. So if you were to corrupt your nand on an older phone than you would be able to repartition it using a signed leaked PIT file. But That one is not signed it is just dumped through Heimdall...... Should I introduce him to heimdall???? LMAO.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone that doesn't have it yet.

MD5: 69b41fc23052e9df82b5464928583b65

Posted new version with proper download mode notes, thanks to Kn0wBuddy, which are

hold Vdown+Power

Don't use the put included with this. I did not realize that was left in there. I will update with the correct pit once I get to my computer.
    can some one post a good repository or online dummy guide for those who have no clue what Odin is even still after reading these posts? I consider my self tech savy, but only getting introduce to "root" on the evo, i will be the first to admit i have a lot to learn.

Its really not that involved. All you do is put a tar file in "phone" and a pit file in "Pit" and select run and let it do its thing. Modems get flashed in "PDA" section and that's basically it. There is more detail but that's a quick rundown. I am not the most tech saavy myself but you catch on quick. I have used it 50+ times. I will try to run down a more thorough description.

Here's a qbking video showing Odin to go from stock Froyo to Gingerbread leak on the Epic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nst4wvuM4zs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And one more video showing using Odin to go back to stock when rooted and/or using custom ROM...
    Also if anything screws up its ur way outta trouble...things such as "omg i'm bricked" and "help i'm stuck on the boot logo" won't be seen as much in the Q and A section as much... get to know Odin referring to people coming from EVO or any other phone Odin is ur new bff

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App
    I think I read already. There were screenshots already posted. I should also have this Friday morning if Sprint doesn't open it up Thursday night or Best Buy even.

Correction. This was posted in E4GT General.

You get to *odin mode* by holding down volumne + and - keys at the same time along with the power key, release power key when device turns on while continuing to hold + and - keys untill the droid guy screen comes on, then release.

Glad to see you over here by the way Crawrj. I take it your upgrading as well. Look forward to your first plus kernel for this thing.