[Q] Dell Streak 7 replacement parts?

Search This thread

onesicktexan

Sep 7, 2010
Hi, I broke the LCD in my Dell Streak 7. I can't seem to find parts for it, ive been searching on/off for the past few months. Anyone know of a supplier? Thanks!

Nick C.

rsfinsrq

suprduprchunk

May 12, 2009
Dell Streak 7 LCD

I ordered this on Saturday and received today. I installed it and the LCD works great. My only issue now is the right side of my screen is not responding. Its about an inch from the edge of the screen. I may have damaged my digitizer when I dropped it. Any suggestions.

DemonPDA

Apr 3, 2007
Hi, can you confirm the compatibility of the new screen?

my streak suddenly go blank (no dell logo during the boot, only blank). i think its' a screen fault and this post can save my streak...

:D

tcripps_jax

Jan 25, 2012
Streak 7 Parts

Has anyone found a source for Streak 7 replacements parts. Dell won't sell them, we have a Enterprise Business account and they won't sell them to us.

I would great appreciate any help in this area.

Thanks,

Tony

cybertang

Jul 30, 2010
Mesa
I work.for a.mobile device repair company in arizona we.also recieve devices from all over the country ill check for.parts and am willing to quote just pm me

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk

suprduprchunk

May 12, 2009
Hi, can you confirm the compatibility of the new screen?

my streak suddenly go blank (no dell logo during the boot, only blank). i think its' a screen fault and this post can save my streak...

:D

The screen works great. I found that in the process of dismantling the unit I punctured the Digitizer flex ribbon. It works great except there is about 1" of the bottom of the screen that does not respond.

DCoop

Dec 3, 2009
suprduprchunk,

I dropped and cracked the glass on my S7 this afternoon. The screen itself is perfect, just cracks in the glass. Does the glass come apart from the screen? Did the Screen you bought come with the glass? Any ideas where I could buy the gorilla glass by itself? I've been Googling but so far have had no luck.

thanks,
DC

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The screen and glass are not glued together, there's in fact an air gap.

The glass and lcd are all on one sub-assembly, but I dont know if the glass can be easily removed from it. I believe it's fairly easy to swap out the lcd itself though.

Could you provide some insight into this? I havnt bothered disassembling that part of the s7.

DCoop

Dec 3, 2009
The screen and glass are not glued together, there's in fact an air gap.

The glass and lcd are all on one sub-assembly, but I dont know if the glass can be easily removed from it. I believe it's fairly easy to swap out the lcd itself though.

Could you provide some insight into this? I havnt bothered disassembling that part of the s7.

I'll let you know when I locate the glass or if I'm forced to buy the screen with the glass.

thanks,
DC

DCoop

Dec 3, 2009
Dell 7 replacement screen, Samsung?

I ordered this on Saturday and received today. I installed it and the LCD works great. My only issue now is the right side of my screen is not responding. Its about an inch from the edge of the screen. I may have damaged my digitizer when I dropped it. Any suggestions.

Did the screen you bought look identical to this one? It has the same Samsung # as the ad on ebay you bought from.
http://www.panelook.com/invitemdetail.php?id=7554&page=2#panel_imgs
1323158111.jpg.big.jpg

1323158211.jpg.big.jpg

Last edited:

MAHVi

Nov 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
There have to be other people out there who need parts!

Hi, my name is Marvin, and I'm a long time fan of XDA (all the way back to my 1st pocket PC: Audiovox 4100!),
and I've 'evolved' to my current devices: Sony Experia Play R800x (Verizon flashed to Cricket) & a Viewsonic G Tablet ;^ )

I just bought a Streak 7 with a cracked screen on craigslist for $50! Well, once I got home, I was glad to see that the digitizer seemed intact, and only the LCD underneath was cracked (badly). I've replaced several phone LCDs/digitizers (yes, I have 3M tape strips!)... so, I thought "no problem, $50-75 on eBay" Oops!!! Boy was I wrong!!!

All I could find were Streak 5 LCDs for $48... and NONE for the Streak 7! (found NOTHING online, called Dell support: $249, and they don't sell parts) Yikes!

So, I found the PDAdb.com datasheet (DUH!), and searched for '7" TFT LCD 800x480 40 pin' that matched the specs the best... and I found the same Samsung panel that suprduprchunk wrote about here in this thread! Cool. Glad to know it works!!! *the LMS700KF23 has better viewing angles than the 05/06 versions, so it seems to be the one to get.

LOL sorry for the blabbin... I'm just stoked to have found this thread, and the prospects for 'my current gadget daydream' to have a happy ending!
(I just can't wait to see this cool new toy light up, and start exploring) :^ )

Last edited:

DCoop

Dec 3, 2009
Hi, my name is Marvin, and I'm a long time fan of XDA (all the way back to my 1st pocket PC: Audiovox 4100!),
and I've 'evolved' to my current devices: Sony Experia Play R800x (Verizon flashed to Cricket) & a Viewsonic G Tablet ;^

So, I found the PDAdb.com datasheet (DUH!), and searched for '7" TFT LCD 800x480 60 pin' that matched the specs the best... and I found the same Samsung panel that suprduprchunk wrote about here in this thread! Cool. Glad to know it works!!! *the LMS700KF23 has better viewing angles than the 05/06 versions, so it seems to be the one to get.

Steak 7 data sheet you mentioned:

PDAdp.net http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2329&view=1&c=dell_streak_7_4g__looking_glass_dell_opus_one

I found the data sheet for the LMS700KF23 and it has a 40 pin ribbon, not 60 pin. Did you mean to write 40?

Dell_7_Samsung__data_sheet_title_40_pin.jpg

Dell_7_Samsung_40_pin.jpg

Also I found that the source that supplies the LMS700KF23 also will sell the Touch Panel screen only. I broke the glass on my screen but the LCD screen works perfectly so I need glass only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29055756740...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1053

Last edited:

DCoop

Dec 3, 2009
Has anyone found a source for Streak 7 replacements parts. Dell won't sell them, we have a Enterprise Business account and they won't sell them to us.

I would great appreciate any help in this area.

Thanks,

Tony

Has anyone found any other sources for parts? One guy did find a screen for around $90 delivered. I only need the class that covers the LCD screen. I can't believe Dell has abandoned customers who bought the Streak 7. I posted a link a week or so ago to an ebay seller from China (?) who sells the replacement screen and offers his customers replacement glass only for $10. I contacted him and he says it wouldn't be worth my while to have only the glass shipped. I imagine he wants to sell the screen for the $90 and as a bonus throws in inexpensive glass only replacements.

DC

Last edited:

NegaNexus

Feb 3, 2011
Digitizer Source

Hello everybody. I have the same exact problem with my tablet; except it just stopped working, but not dropped. I need some guidance, and I also found a repair website if anybody is tired of waiting to find some sources. I also would like to know if anybody has tried that digitizer a few posts above.

Thanks,
NegaNexus

Spoke with the eBay guy in China, he wasn't sure about the part numbers. I have one I got on eBay with a broken screen and may not power up, need the charger to find out. I told him I'll open it and get the part numbers.

IF anyone has the actual part numbers, not the replacement ones, then he said he can help us find the LCDs and the Digitizers, the glass could be sold with the replacement parts. I can find out once I have some part numbers to send him.

"If you find the part number,I can look for it or I can find a supplier,who can do a customizd TP for that LCD."

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
Not to be offtopic

I'm looking for a source for the power brick - I bought my DS7 from a member here and the spring-clip that holds the blade to the charging brick was broken off. Not to mention, would be nice to be able to charge my cell phone at twice the speed as the original charger was able to do - have tested it with the DS7 charger (duct-taped in place) and it ran my battery to full on the quick :)

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The charger is just a standard 5.35v@2.0A usb charger with the data pins shorted together.