[Q]How to edit system/bin files?

Search This thread

pierx

Dec 3, 2011
Hi guys, noob question here. I'm looking to modify wpa_supplicant files located in system/bin.
It's an executable files, is there a way to modify this?

Thanks

varun.chitre15

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
+1
@OP
I don't think that's noobs question.
I asked one month ago still no one answered but there's a way, these are binaries and are compiled from source and we need to edit source before compiling.
But I want a solution to reverse engineer them.

Sent from my Micromax_A70 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: yashade2001

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
it's hard to edit already compiled binaries and i don't think there is any softwear to edit this already compiled binaries but it's too easy to edit when he was not compiled mean in source.

varun.chitre15

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
Yep it is but I tried opening them using hex editor and much stuff of it was visible but not complete.
I don't think its impossible to reverse engineer binaries.
I believe someone will come up like brut who made apk reverse engineering possible.

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
Yep it is but I tried opening them using hex editor and much stuff of it was visible but not complete.
I don't think its impossible to reverse engineer binaries.
I believe someone will come up like brut who made apk reverse engineering possible.

YUP hex editor IS NOT FULL WORK WITH THIS AND FOR reverse engineer binaries NEED SOMEONE MASTER

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Has anyone figured this out yet? Since these are usually small executables I could start reverse engenieerig them but im sure someone already has all the source code on some online repository?

Has anyone who posted above found an easy solution?

boy do i wish the world was full of nice honest hard workers who all made things open and didnt steal..... theres a tiny bug in android 4.3 roms and my guess is its on purpose lol... if i can edit just a few lines of code i can fix so much :/

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
+1
I too have same question.
Can anybody answer.:confused:

Sent by 桑傑庫馬爾 :stirthepot:

I promise to get working on this soon or find a solution i hope it will be the same for all executables in /system/bin.. One by one would be a %#^€£.. Havnt even done proper searching..

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

YUP hex editor IS NOT FULL WORK WITH THIS AND FOR reverse engineer binaries NEED SOMEONE MASTER
4k thanks and disabled? Yikes id probably take your side lol. Some binaries are incredibly easy, or were you referring to these :( ive done this before but the process depends upon their compilation methods and can get very nasty :(

Edit: oh darn... He cant answer huh? Woulda been another thnx ;)

Last edited:

adbpusher123

Nov 16, 2013
ummm whenever I need to open a .bin file I use 7zip you able to extraxt the contents from inside the .bin file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +1
    @OP
    I don't think that's noobs question.
    I asked one month ago still no one answered but there's a way, these are binaries and are compiled from source and we need to edit source before compiling.
    But I want a solution to reverse engineer them.

+1
    I too have same question.
    Can anybody answer.:confused:

Sent by 桑傑庫馬爾 :stirthepot: