Linaro coming to CM9!

Search This thread

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
I mean im sure some of it is real general Android related stuff in the kernel that could be ported over to other SoC's....But the guy was fairly clear it was CPU related and delt with cleaning up the code to be able to do -o3 optimization on it...

deff need to read up on it more though...

He mentioned bringing the optimization to newer architectures as well, including cortex A15.

Kidromulous

Feb 1, 2011
Durham N.C.
from what I gathered watching that video, it seemed that we will not benefit from this....

Seemed the changes done were kernel level and geared to the specific SoC the Nexus runs...saying they were CPU optimizations, and that it mainly was cleaning the "bad code" allowed in -o2 optimization, and once cleaned they were able to run through o3 optimization...

correct me if im wrong in that thinking though...

still pretty cool!

Your absolutely right not taking anything from Android police but we did a piece on it that's slightly more informative. There is far more going on than o3 optimization

http://www.androrev.com/2012/06/10/...cream-sandwich-cm9-to-adopt-the-improvements/
Sent from my htc_jewel using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Meaning kush is compiling directly from cm source so its as official as it gets.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Are you being silly, showing off for the girls here?
So far the CM team is not officially supporting this device.

I don't know how else I can say this. Anyone can use a cm9 source, hence the aosp. But official cm team members aren't working on this device except Toast, who is also working on it unofficially.

jdogg836

Apr 15, 2010
Oklahoma City
Hate the semantics game. You are both right.....

It's unofficial.

Is there anything out there that is more official? No. Hence the term "as official as it gets" -- at least for now.

Reactions: Thanar

tyler.durden

Jul 7, 2010
Arlington, TX
Are you being silly, showing off for the girls here?
So far the CM team is not officially supporting this device.

I don't know how else I can say this. Anyone can use a cm9 source, hence the aosp. But official cm team members aren't working on this device except Toast, who is also working on it unofficially.

Not sure why they wouldn't work on this device, though... I'm assuming because of the Galaxy S III coming out. I'm sure they're supporting that device over the EVO since the man himself works for Samsung, but it sucks for those of us who prefer to stick with HTC. It's not like this is some low-end phone.

Wakawaka024

Aug 25, 2010
I'm pretty sure that both devices will be supported (officially) eventually.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts